“Strength Through Freedom”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Republic of Westlantis is a massive, safe nation, notable for its smutty television, pith helmet sales, and public floggings. The hard-working, democratic population of 1.03 billion Westlantisians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of West Atlantis. The average income tax rate is 46.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Westlantisian economy, worth 125 trillion Westmarks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 121,934 Westmarks, with the richest citizens earning 5.0 times as much as the poorest.
Children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "love and peace!" as a way of life, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government, smoking is banned in public areas, and people accuse the government of being in bed with Big Safety. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Westlantis's national animal is the Black Leopard, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Westlantis, people accuse the government of being in bed with Big Safety.
- : Following new legislation in Westlantis, smoking is banned in public areas.
- : Following new legislation in Westlantis, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Westlantis, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "love and peace!" as a way of life.
- : Westlantis endorsed The Queendom of Solega.
- : Westlantis was endorsed by The Queendom of Solega.
- : Following new legislation in Westlantis, graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation'.
- : Following new legislation in Westlantis, young children are learning advanced physics to scientifically disprove the existence of Santa Claus.
- : Following new legislation in Westlantis, some of the country's most famous photographers are animals.
- : Westlantis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Abarri, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Aywhyou, Saciu, Erinor, Beepee, Concrete Slab, Volaworand, Awjan, Hanguk-Nippon, Auphelia, Aumeltopia, Anachronolandia, Quiescent, Shengtie, Sedunn, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Luddinlande, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Whimichy, The Solar System Scope, Farengeto, Aidenfieeld, North Prarie, Jahass, Wehraboos, Academy of Umbrellas, Wyatonians, Akindom, Drugged Monkeys, Churumduul, Tsunamy, State of Iowa, Upper Tyrconnel, Mew Nation, The Filippinas, Sesteran, Pays de Loire, Choodox, Amerion, Wild Space, Kringalia, Great Africans, Tsvetania, Ostanasia, Qvait, PenguinPies, Rebel-topia, Dasko, United Federated States of Omega, and 12 others.Aurcania, Jehenna, Ariankido, The Sk8ing Unicorn, BootJack, Ketathinamiri Islands, Yeldarbsland, UnShleepd, Grand Kingdom of Zilean Empire, New Briantown, Land Without Shrimp, and Solega.