“Peace & Knowledge Above All Else” President Jonathan Bourno
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The North Pacific
|Leader||President Jonathan Bourno|
The Democratic Federal Republic of Willitya is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Jonathan Bourno with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and aversion to nipples. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.401 billion Willityans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Willitya City. The average income tax rate is 90.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Willityan economy, worth 535 trillion Willityan Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 157,572 Willityan Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb, people can get away with murder these days, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, and things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Willitya's national animal is the Beagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Willitya's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Willitya relocated from Lazarus to The North Pacific.
- : Willitya was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Willitya ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Willitya was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Willitya was endorsed by The Confederacy of Eastern Cous Empria.
- : Willitya was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Principia Mathematica.
- : Willitya was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Andexia.
- : Willitya was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Buckhem.
- : Willitya was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Ultra777.