“We need a motto.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Grand Duchy of Wimborne is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 234 million Wimborners love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 50.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Wimbornesque economy, worth 11.8 trillion Dolans a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 50,571 Dolans, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept, sullen teenagers in bright orange 'community payback' onesies can be seen picking litter at the roadside, and farting etiquette is taught in schools. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wimborne's national animal is the armadillo, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wimborne was endorsed by The Republic of United Western Federation.
- : Following new legislation in Wimborne, farting etiquette is taught in schools.
- : Following new legislation in Wimborne, sullen teenagers in bright orange 'community payback' onesies can be seen picking litter at the roadside.
- : Following new legislation in Wimborne, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
- : Following new legislation in Wimborne, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress.
- : Following new legislation in Wimborne, students at universities think exercise bikes are pieces of abstract art.
- : Following new legislation in Wimborne, many friends and relatives of Leader have been given ambassador jobs in tropical island nations.
- : Following new legislation in Wimborne, psychiatrists that date patients are congratulated on their romantic conquests.
- : Wimborne endorsed The Grand Federation of Xentherida.
- : Following new legislation in Wimborne, baby boys who pick up pink crayons are sent to a psychiatric ward.
Endorsements Received: 94 » Siwale, The Rhein States, Yaorozu, Alunya, Shin-Hachioji, El Fiji Grande, Loutsland, Ethnon, Great Bights Mum, Sundred, PlanetPunk, Dreadton, Daiz, Dar es Saalam, Trillius, North Bratislava, Corfad, Koda-Land, Guer Aike, Cuyan, Shibutani, Sinelona, Runeda, Federation Terra Australis, Sockmanland, Bearical, Omnistria, Shadowrik, Territorio di Nessuno, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Kwaj, Selfgradatude, Xzavia-Hjar, Grimandia, Duerrlewang, Wineclaw, Zumlandia, New Octicarg, General COE, Holy Oranz, Jasminlandia, The Tampa Bay Rays, Makersaulache, Steampunk Ariel, Notyoutopia, Frie Annium, 1 very fast endotarter, Great Javadwipa, Sea Ghost, Glurponia, and 44 others.New Bremerton, Pallaith, Abject Ludicrosity, McMasterdonia, Spartoptia, Frances Francis the First of France, Orven, Guslantis, The Stratosphere Islands, Great Robertia, Juggernautilus, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Test for a new hope, Sil Dorsett, Sheldanada, Black Templares, Sunto, Kasazzastan, Aratani, Ponantine, Maott, Racoda, Nakayo, Pasargad, Newpromisedland, Wisconsota, Gnomewatchers, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Amauri, Potestasia, Kaschovia, Moubarakistan, The Pantheons, Francois Isidore, Solskjar, Eteles, Pleroma Sans Romans, Wilkshire, Clan Spaniel, Viridiann, Darcania, Gorundu, Xentherida, and United Western Federation.