“Well, These Things Happen” Captain Barry
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: The Bar on the corner of every region
The Remnant Flight Colony of Woods Is Back is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Captain Barry with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 4.185 billion Mandalorians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vista Station. The average income tax rate is 76.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Mandalorian economy, worth 677 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 161,928 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet, the nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, and battlefield gains are quickly lost when enemies don't respect a time-out. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Woods Is Back's national animal is the Womprat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Woods Is Back was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Woods Is Back was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Woods Is Back approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Woods Is Back approved the World Assembly proposal "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Woods Is Back approved the World Assembly proposal "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Woods Is Back changed its national motto to "Well, These Things Happen".
- : Woods Is Back endorsed The Smash Hit Movie Version of Brocklandia.
- : Woods Is Back was endorsed by The Smash Hit Movie Version of Brocklandia.
- : Woods Is Back lost the endorsement of The Smash Hit Movie Version of Brocklandia.
- : Woods Is Back voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"".