“Get out there and re-elect me!!!” The Monarch Elect
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
|Leader||The Monarch Elect|
|Animal||wild Prince Charles|
The Elected Monarchy of World Trade is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by The Monarch Elect with an even hand, and renowned for its closed borders, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 6.189 billion Brussians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Elizabeth. The average income tax rate is 93.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient World Tradean economy, worth a remarkable 1,648 trillion Crypto-pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 266,387 Crypto-pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The military perceives nations hit by natural disasters as "easy pickings", pareidolic SETI scientists swear there's a message from aliens hidden within pi, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, and euthanasia is illegal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. World Trade's national animal is the wild Prince Charles, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in World Trade, euthanasia is illegal.
- : World Trade was endorsed by The Commonwealth of American Workers Unions.
- : World Trade was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Following new legislation in World Trade, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources.
- : Following new legislation in World Trade, pareidolic SETI scientists swear there's a message from aliens hidden within pi.
- : Following new legislation in World Trade, the military perceives nations hit by natural disasters as "easy pickings".
- : World Trade was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in World Trade, newborns are being raised as mindless killing machines.
- : Following new legislation in World Trade, clergy who start talking about politics are forced to take a holy vow of silence.
- : Following new legislation in World Trade, promising seven years of bad luck leads to seven years of community service.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Uppenja, Marvinville, The Bigtopia, Marie Byrd, Besancia, Rushenberg, Rayekka, German Moravia, Zermanny, Korsinia, Pendors, The Marconian State, Nouvelle Valois, Orsily, Orleanth, Mafsachufetts Bay, New United Goryeo, European Technocratic Union, Cheesecakeastan, Brussel Hamlets, Rhyddfraint, Cerdenia, Dendrobium, British Verona, Clarance, Brototh, Gross Osterreich, Miharr, Rivogna, and Castarilia.