“Who Dares Wins”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Zero
The Imperial Commonwealth of Wrighteria is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Edward Wright with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, avant-garde cinema, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 5.165 billion Wrighterians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Lawrence. The average income tax rate is 68.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Wrighterian economy, worth 525 trillion irons a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 101,753 irons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The red star of communism has been replaced by the gold star of the McRonald's badge, commuters and their desktops both bemoan their hard drives, belligerent citizens shoot at passing clouds for 'violating their airspace', and treason is relative. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wrighteria's national animal is the Therizinosaurus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wrighteria lodged a message on the Catholic Regional Message Board.
- : Wrighteria relocated from The Democratika to Catholic.
- : Following new legislation in Wrighteria, treason is relative.
- : Following new legislation in Wrighteria, belligerent citizens shoot at passing clouds for 'violating their airspace'.
- : Wrighteria's influence in The Democratika rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Wrighteria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Wrighteria, commuters and their desktops both bemoan their hard drives.
- : Following new legislation in Wrighteria, the red star of communism has been replaced by the gold star of the McRonald's badge.
- : Following new legislation in Wrighteria, truncheon-mounted cameras record the beating of criminals in dynamic HD detail.
- : Wrighteria lodged a message on the The Democratika Regional Message Board.