“Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno!”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Sprat
|Leader||First Minister Hanse von Gelderland|
The Free State of Wuwa is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by First Minister Hanse von Gelderland with an iron fist, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 4.078 billion Wuwans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wuwa. The average income tax rate is 69.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Wuwan economy, worth 146 trillion guilders a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving and Soda Sales. Average income is 35,931 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nobody ever questions the unquestioned rule that questions must always be asked, survivors of the Great Internet Flame War often recount horror stories of banhammers and DOS attacks, government officials are held to the highest standard of morality, and the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wuwa's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wuwa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Wuwa's influence in Japan rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Wuwa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Wuwa was endorsed by Great britain and ireland and the empire.
- : Wuwa's influence in Japan rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Wuwa's influence in Japan rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Wuwa's influence in Japan rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Wuwa endorsed The Athenian Paradise of Otaku Stratus.
- : Wuwa relocated from United We Stand to Japan.
- : Wuwa's influence in United We Stand rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
Endorsements Received: None.