“Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno!”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: Federation of Conservative Nations
|Leader||First Minister Hanse von Gelderland|
The Free State of Wuwa is a massive, safe nation, ruled by First Minister Hanse von Gelderland with an iron fist, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The cynical population of 2.883 billion Wuwans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wuwa. The average income tax rate is 66.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Wuwan economy, worth 98.2 trillion guilders a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Soda Sales, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 34,050 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nobody ever questions the unquestioned rule that questions must always be asked, survivors of the Great Internet Flame War often recount horror stories of banhammers and DOS attacks, government officials are held to the highest standard of morality, and the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wuwa's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Wuwa, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress.
- : Following new legislation in Wuwa, government officials are held to the highest standard of morality.
- : Following new legislation in Wuwa, survivors of the Great Internet Flame War often recount horror stories of banhammers and DOS attacks.
- : Following new legislation in Wuwa, nobody ever questions the unquestioned rule that questions must always be asked.
- : Following new legislation in Wuwa, politicians that report exaggerated crowd sizes for their speeches are dismissed for being delusional.
- : Wuwa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on the Involuntary Administration of Drugs".
- : Wuwa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Norrlands".
- : Wuwa was endorsed by The Commonwealth of San Carlos Islands.
- : Wuwa's influence in Federation of Conservative Nations rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Wuwa was endorsed by The Somehow Conservative People of The Greysonian Empire.