“Let's work something out.”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Page
The Allied States of Xalon is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 11.974 billion Xalonites are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lutrazindi. The average income tax rate is 98.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Xalonian economy, worth a remarkable 2,034 trillion shares a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 169,914 shares, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians spend more time in courtrooms than in Parliament, it's rumored that Marche Noire knows what the nation's generals eat for breakfast, pandemics are over and done with by the time it takes to pass the nation's stringent border security, and machine-peeled candied grapes come in individual packaging for the busy commuter. Crime is totally unknown. Xalon's national animal is the sponge, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Xalon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Xalon's influence in Autropolis rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Xalon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Xalon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Xalon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Xalon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Xalon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare and Most Inclusive.
- : Xalon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry, the Top 5% for Least Corrupt Governments, and the Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- : Xalon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes and Safest.
- : Xalon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.