“Don't Spill The Tea Or You'll Be Thirsty”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The North Pacific
The Queendom of Yabkhu is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its ban on automobiles, sprawling nuclear power plants, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 629 million Yakbhuans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Areumdami. The average income tax rate is 75.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Yabkhuan economy, worth 68.4 trillion Barrules a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 108,666 Barrules, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation turns a blind eye to human rights abuses in its quest for athletic supremacy, edutainment video games are taking Yabkhu's students to the next level, the skeletons of lost tourists litter the ground of the Great Yabkhuan Desert, and restaurants are required to specify whether their toilet paper was made in Yabkhu. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yabkhu's national animal is the yak, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yabkhu was endorsed by The Commonwealth of United Kahndaq.
- : Following new legislation in Yabkhu, restaurants are required to specify whether their toilet paper was made in Yabkhu.
- : Following new legislation in Yabkhu, the skeletons of lost tourists litter the ground of the Great Yabkhuan Desert.
- : Following new legislation in Yabkhu, edutainment video games are taking Yabkhu's students to the next level.
- : Following new legislation in Yabkhu, the nation turns a blind eye to human rights abuses in its quest for athletic supremacy.
- : Following new legislation in Yabkhu, it's often raining men (hallelujah) in Areumdami.
- : Following new legislation in Yabkhu, foreign nations kill migratory animals at random in the hope that Yabkhu will pay them to stop.
- : Yabkhu was endorsed by The Kingdom of Angshire.
- : Following new legislation in Yabkhu, it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow.
- : Following new legislation in Yabkhu, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
Endorsements Received: 137 » Fayyayid, Kasazzastan, Corfad, Notyoutopia, The Rhein States, El Fiji Grande, Sinelona, Territorio di Nessuno, Alunya, Shibutani, Shin-Hachioji, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Loutsland, Elder Realms, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, 1 very fast endotarter, Pasargad, Ethnon, Koda-Land, Kwaj, Sil Dorsett, Test for a new hope, Omnistria, Sundred, Frances Francis the First of France, Constantinolia, Napnomadia, GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO, Ejhsa, Steampunk Ariel, Wilkshire, Maott, Federation Terra Australis, Selfgradatude, Ibiscaton, New Bremerton, Lomjia, Shadowrik, Trillius, Sunto, Dar es Saalam, Spartoptia, Guer Aike, Dreadton, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Torakuen, Sheldanada, Wineclaw, Juggernautilus, and 87 others.Holy Oranz, Acrabinnia, PlanetPunk, Black Templares, Former English Colony, Siwale, Aratani, Zumlandia, Astrind, Jasminlandia, North Bratislava, Joodey, Free Azzaca, Kobagia, Abject Ludicrosity, New Pruessen, New Trisone, Glurponia, Steraz, Egalico, Xzavia-Hjar, Haor Chall, Bearical, Penrith, Vincone Cae, Utopicican, Longsword01, Runeda, Daiz, Valhalla123, Lindsaystan, New Octicarg, Sockmanland, The Tampa Bay Rays, Pallaith, Orado, Makersaulache, Duerrlewang, Victoriaans Nederlands, Grimandia, Cuyan, Quebekistand, Kulgatha, New Lakemba, Partax, Zokk, Baldova, McMasterdonia, Malta Comino Gozo, General COE, Alice Gardens, Choistan, Frie Annium, SORT, Karazan, Orven, Guslantis, The Stratosphere Islands, Zozanio, U S Eh, Bonjoura, Venezuelia, Necromonia, Racoda, Great Robertia, Ponantine, Fizban, Nakayo, Lunallian, Wisconsota, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Abiswashyo-bhumi, Gnomewatchers, Amauri, Potatolandium, Kaschovia, Moubarakistan, Cloydicia, The Pantheons, Francois Isidore, Wunderstrafanstalt, Clan Spaniel, Darcania, Gorundu, Xentherida, Angshire, and United Kahndaq.