“Strength Trumps All” Her Divinity Itholia
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Nipper
|Leader||Her Divinity Itholia|
The Divine Right Empire of Yeno is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Her Divinity Itholia with an iron fist, and renowned for its parental licensing program, infamous sell-swords, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 11.538 billion Yeneo are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vitam. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 16.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Yeneo economy, worth a remarkable 3,832 trillion zaus a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 332,202 zaus, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,357,902 per year while the poor average 53,806, a ratio of 25.2 to 1.
The well-to-do in Lazarus are never on time for important appointments, professionals are ready to retire by the time they receive permission to use their credentials, the lion is a protected species, and women who can do math in their head are burned for witchcraft. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Yeno's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Itholism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Yeno, women who can do math in their head are burned for witchcraft.
- : Following new legislation in Yeno, the lion is a protected species.
- : Following new legislation in Yeno, professionals are ready to retire by the time they receive permission to use their credentials.
- : Following new legislation in Yeno, the well-to-do in Lazarus are never on time for important appointments.
- : Following new legislation in Yeno, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct.
- : Following new legislation in Yeno, vacationing Yeneo expect to be treated as royalty.
- : Following new legislation in Yeno, the hardest thing for a mining operation to dig through is government red tape.
- : Yeno was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- : Following new legislation in Yeno, tourists on boat cruises can't figure out why they smell so fishy afterward.
- : Following new legislation in Yeno, the police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes.