“You can't just know that”
Regional Influence: Hatchling
The Free Land of Yezmin is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Alex Yezril with an even hand, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, complete lack of prisons, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.389 billion Yezrites enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Yezroli economy, worth 232 trillion Alexes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is 97,491 Alexes, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 528,648 per year while the poor average 9,276, a ratio of 57.0 to 1.
Tumbleweeds made of litter adorn city streets, giant no-kill traps baited with Bapst Red Ribbon and vintage bicycles have been popping up in back alleys nationwide, the government has completely eliminated all childcare programs, and mathematicians are gathering an infinite number of Hogs and typewriters to see if they can recreate the works of Max Barry. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Yezmin's national animal is the Hog, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yezmin's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Yezmin's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Yezmin altered its national flag.
- : Yezmin was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Yezmin ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Yezmin was endorsed by The Empire of Nation of stars.
- : Yezmin was endorsed by The Judicial Oligarchy of Alsace and Lorraine United.
- : Yezmin was endorsed by The Hub Federation of Orado.
- : Yezmin was endorsed by The Free Land of Runeda.
- : Yezmin was endorsed by The Republic of Penrith.