“Evil will be conquored”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Page
The Empire of Yocat is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Sphinx Σφίγξ with an even hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, complete lack of prisons, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, devout population of 3.522 billion Yocats are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ocicat. The average income tax rate is 75.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Cat economy, worth 322 trillion florins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Basket Weaving, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 91,461 florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The 'Half King of Maxtopia' exhibit is the least popular amongst museum-goers, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed, gardeners must genetically test weeds for unique traits before digging them up, and sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yocat's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is God.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yocat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Yocat, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations.
- : Following new legislation in Yocat, gardeners must genetically test weeds for unique traits before digging them up.
- : Following new legislation in Yocat, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Yocat, the 'Half King of Maxtopia' exhibit is the least popular amongst museum-goers.
- : Following new legislation in Yocat, posh restaurants scatter glass fragments on the dining room floor to keep out barefoot undesirables.
- : Yocat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Yocat was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Lingord.
- : Yocat endorsed The Armed Republic of Lingord.
- : Yocat endorsed The Very Big Island of Wanga.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Aflana, The Sigometh Dynasty, Kappan, Denado, Loftegen 2, Versail, Lazarene Ryccia, Treadwellia, Port Flynt, Rommanda, Darkium, Snoodum, Mainze, Hycronesia, Mo-Po-Lo-Jo-To-Jo, Mzeusia, Kan Po, Aguaria Major, NoDrugCrimeTown, Mathovia Empire, Arnasas, Androidistan, Roridat, Fissure Town, East Wake Island, Alopecia Totalis, Capspasia, New Rogernomics, Centralis-Trustia, Brohacci, Shangri-La Valley, Leonism, Vadia, Andyr, Steel Vagabonds, Serlanda, Turkish-Ottoman, Neo-Cambria, Wanga, Your Imaginary Friend, and Lingord.