“Welcome to the Dreamworld”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: The Leftist Assembly
The Free Land of Yoodong is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Kim Handong with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic population of 980 million Yoodongians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Deukae. The average income tax rate is 73.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Yoodongian economy, worth 96.5 trillion Somnias a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 98,454 Somnias, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Rural communities are all but disenfranchised as politicians focus all their attention on winning the deciding urban votes, political candidates must be personally vetted by Kim Handong, the fattest folk in Yoodong look to be the happiest ones, and economic planning is exalted as a human art form. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yoodong's national animal is the Snow Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yoodong endorsed The Collective Syndicate of Thurston.
- : Yoodong was endorsed by The Collective Syndicate of Thurston.
- : Yoodong was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Yoodong voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Yoodong voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Following new legislation in Yoodong, economic planning is exalted as a human art form.
- : Following new legislation in Yoodong, the fattest folk in Yoodong look to be the happiest ones.
- : Following new legislation in Yoodong, political candidates must be personally vetted by Kim Handong.
- : Following new legislation in Yoodong, rural communities are all but disenfranchised as politicians focus all their attention on winning the deciding urban votes.
- : Following new legislation in Yoodong, the bourgeoisie are asked nicely to hand over the means of production.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Grod Island, Silverfish37, Dyl, Soviet Catgirls, Argentigrad, Antinios, Ephros, Super Awesome Fun Times, Claiomha, Socialist Columbia, Anarchocommunists of the World, Kawany, Mexican Communists, Agatep, Kaamapoori, Nepacton Murt, Llorens, Creatrix, Nangka, Helionyx, Ezmwalia, Eastern Botswana, Picuros, Rorlenland, New Sib, Sauros, Sincadenas, Vesmeau, Wagrurg, Das Pardgulew, New Samon, Fizzopolis, Podria, Narodnya, New Volica, Wispsent, Jathuie, and Thurston.