|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: the Boneyard
The Bony Theocracy of Yurtrus is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, ubiquitous missile silos, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 4.759 billion Yurtrusians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of UndergroundCity. The average income tax rate is 22.7%.
The Yurtrusian economy, worth 277 trillion White Powders a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is 58,206 White Powders, with the richest citizens earning 5.1 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians are often seen drinking soft drinks at the end of every public address, the nation has recently been attributed to the funding of terrorist organisations, citizens drive tank-like vehicles with mounted machine guns, and in government offices a hidden killer takes the lives of ministers and civil servants. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, possibly because it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many regulations. Yurtrus's national animal is the Vulture, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yurtrus agreed to construct embassies between The Boneyard and Find Nation or Region.
- : Yurtrus resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Yurtrus endorsed The Grand Empire of Gerdon Laughis.
- : Yurtrus was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Yurtrus applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Yurtrus proposed constructing embassies between The Boneyard and Puppet region.
- : Yurtrus composed a new Welcome Telegram for The Boneyard.
- : Yurtrus updated the World Factbook entry in The Boneyard.
- : Yurtrus renamed the office held by The Grand Empire of Gerdon Laughis from "temporary officer (Gerdon Laughis)" to "Gerdon Laughis" in The Boneyard.
- : Yurtrus appointed The Grand Empire of Gerdon Laughis as temporary officer (Gerdon Laughis) with authority over Communications, Embassies, and Polls in The Boneyard.