“Wissen ist Nacht”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
|Capital||Die Stadt der Träumenden Bücher|
|Leader||Hildegunst von Mythenmetz|
The 13½ Leben des Käpt'n Blaubär of Zamonien is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Hildegunst von Mythenmetz with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and ritual sacrifices. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 15.651 billion Blaubären are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Industry, although Education and Defense are also considered important, while Welfare and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Die Stadt der Träumenden Bücher. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.1%.
The frighteningly efficient zamonisch economy, worth 811 trillion Pyras a year, is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Retail. Average income is 51,848 Pyras, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 224,822 per year while the poor average 7,591, a ratio of 29.6 to 1.
Tourists are flocking to the newly-built MeteorLand family resort, nude art is becoming wildly popular, planespotters are emigrating in droves, and stores employing more than 100 employees are required to be at least twenty miles from any competitor. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Zamonien's national animal is the Lindwurm, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is die Nachtschule.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zamonien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed and the Top 10% for Most Primitive.
- : Zamonien was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Primitive.
- : Zamonien was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Zamonien was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Zamonien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Zamonien was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Zamonien's influence in Deutschland rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Zamonien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed and the Top 10% for Highest Economic Output.
- : Zamonien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Zamonien's influence in Deutschland fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".