|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Republic of Zebulon is a very large, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service, state-planned economy, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 123 million Oxians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 75.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Oxian economy, worth 1.83 trillion Syns a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Average income is 14,839 Syns, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, Harry Potter books are banned, and TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zebulon's national animal is the Ox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zebulon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Zebulon's influence in Oxiania rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Zebulon's influence in Oxiania rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Zebulon's influence in Oxiania rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Zebulon's influence in Oxiania rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Zebulon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Conservative and Most Authoritarian and the Top 5% for Most Ignorant Citizens, Most Income Equality, and Most Extreme.
- : Zebulon relocated from The East Pacific to Oxiania.
- : Following new legislation in Zebulon, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
- : Following new legislation in Zebulon, Harry Potter books are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Zebulon, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests.