“The Ascarian people thrive here, in the north.” Niakin
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Northern Collective of Zelso is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Niakin with an even hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, keen interest in outer space, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate population of 17.839 billion Zelsoans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Varo. The average income tax rate is 84.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Zelsoan economy, worth a remarkable 1,330 trillion Vis a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 74,569 Vis, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There's never a spare chair in the retirement home, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed, signs saying "No Poor People or Weirdoes" are common outside shops and cafés, and historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zelso's national animal is the Ha'shamda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zelso was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Zelso was endorsed by The Questionable Existence of Your Imaginary Friend.
- : Following new legislation in Zelso, historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism.
- : Following new legislation in Zelso, signs saying "No Poor People or Weirdoes" are common outside shops and cafés.
- : Following new legislation in Zelso, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed.
- : Zelso was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Zelso was endorsed by The Community of Shangri-La Valley.
- : Zelso was endorsed by The Republic of The Sigometh Dynasty.
- : Following new legislation in Zelso, there's never a spare chair in the retirement home.
- : Zelso was endorsed by Zapatian workers state.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Imkiville, The New California Republic, Aigania, Captain Apollo, Courlany, Treadwellia, Wintermoot III, Killer Kitty, Bobs raider puppet, Aaecilia, Aflana, Darkium, New Rogernomics, Aguaria Major, Tiegenhof, Nargorthia, Hycronesia, Caybow, Sombrassino, SunnyPhiladelphia, Kan Po, Sophisica, The Rin Mang, Loftegen 2, Greygard, Li Ka Shing Administrative Region, Altmar, Derthal, Denado, Axixic, Mzeusia, Snoodum, Perchan, Burning Pants, Lazarene Ryccia, Lake Flotillas, Guiness Freaks, Capercom, Rommanda, Steel Vagabonds, The Illusian Empire, Turkish-Ottoman, Kakatiya, The Sigometh Dynasty, Shangri-La Valley, and Your Imaginary Friend.