“That's just the way the system works.” Tulkinghorn
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Polemic Hagiarchy of Zenzibar is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Tulkinghorn with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service, infamous sell-swords, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 11.339 billion Zenzites are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it prioritizes Defense, with Spirituality, Law & Order, and Environment also on the agenda, while Social Policy and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bleak House. The average income tax rate is 98.7%.
The powerhouse Zenzish economy, worth a remarkable 2,422 trillion Food Stamps a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Basket Weaving industry. Average income is an amazing 213,620 Food Stamps, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
The military is researching proton packs and PK-meters to combat "unseen enemy forces", unfit police officers collapse while trying to capture unusually athletic criminals, poets and writers are regularly rounded up and shot for entertainment, and you don't need a smoking gun to arrest someone for promoting guns. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zenzibar's national animal is the cricket, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Orthodoxical Pulsification.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, you don't need a smoking gun to arrest someone for promoting guns.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, poets and writers are regularly rounded up and shot for entertainment.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, unfit police officers collapse while trying to capture unusually athletic criminals.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, the military is researching proton packs and PK-meters to combat "unseen enemy forces".
- : Zenzibar voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, pre-eclampsia in pregnancy is treated with encouragement to take "long soothing walks".
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, first-time moms are expected to be experienced parents from day one.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons.
- : Zenzibar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, babysitters are a thing of the past.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Kaputer, Aelhaeran, Canterburie, Chsemo, Scorpions Army, Tonakistan, Poopsancagizal, Scientia Major, Edison Culver, Snorlaxia, Octal, UNDelegate, Greybrows Puppets, Republica JIM, Arbonium, Senexia, Hellbardia, United Kodiaks, Samadle, Hamonistan, KotkoLandiya, Capistalia, Sheepcote, The 4th Mehtopian Reich, Utheshia, Glanst, Chandlerenestan, New Portuguese Empire, Jamas Ragi, and Filimonia.