“That's just the way the system works.” Tulkinghorn
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Polemic Hagiarchy of Zenzibar is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Tulkinghorn with an iron fist, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, fear of technology, and avant-garde cinema. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 9.571 billion Zenzites are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bleak House. The average income tax rate is 98.5%.
The powerhouse Zenzish economy, worth a remarkable 1,916 trillion Food Stamps a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, extremely specialized black market in Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 200,267 Food Stamps, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's government buildings are remarkable for being ugly concrete boxes, it takes all playtime for children to locate their friends among two hundred identical heads, the giant 80-storey carving of Tulkinghorn in Mount Rushless can be seen from space, and meetings are often scheduled for "about four-ish" following complete conversion to sundials. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zenzibar's national animal is the cricket, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Orthodoxical Pulsification.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zenzibar lodged a message on the Capitalist Paradise Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, meetings are often scheduled for "about four-ish" following complete conversion to sundials.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, the giant 80-storey carving of Tulkinghorn in Mount Rushless can be seen from space.
- : Zenzibar voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Sterilisation".
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, it takes all playtime for children to locate their friends among two hundred identical heads.
- : Zenzibar was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Aloha Islands of Pokemon.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, the nation's government buildings are remarkable for being ugly concrete boxes.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, napalm is the tool of choice for disabling eco-unfriendly forestry operations.
- : Zenzibar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary and Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, terrified tympanists are finding themselves on the front lines armed only with kettledrums.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Kaputer, GabeWorld, Aelhaeran, Canterburie, Chsemo, Scorpions Army, Tonakistan, Poopsancagizal, Scientia Major, Edison Culver, Snorlaxia, Octal, Taida, UNDelegate, Greybrows Puppets, Republica JIM, Arbonium, Senexia, The United Oman, T A M O S, Jackitoffistan, MERICAAAAAAAAA, Hellbardia, CaliforniaJJ, United Kodiaks, and Slaviskaya.