|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: The Democratic Republic
The Community of Zghona is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-working, democratic population of 378 million Zghonans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.5%.
The very strong Zghonan economy, worth 21.2 trillion fillets a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 56,117 fillets, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 212,105 per year while the poor average 10,330, a ratio of 20.5 to 1.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, organ donation is compulsory, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, and cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Zghona's national animal is the flying fish, which can occasionally be seen avoiding garbage in the nation's murky oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zghona published "[Federal Union] Union Assembly Committees Act" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Zghona published "[Federal Union] Executive and Legislative Authorities Amendment" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Zghona resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Zghona was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Zghona was endorsed by The State of Vajrayanah.
- : Zghona published "Political Parties Act" (Bulletin: Campaign).
- : Zghona published "[Federal Union] Electoral Commission Amendment" (Bulletin: Campaign).
- : Zghona's influence in The Democratic Republic rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Zghona endorsed The State of Vajrayanah.
- : Zghona was admitted to the World Assembly.