“Loyalty Above all”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Democratic Republic of Zosnor is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by JasonRahl with an even hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, complete lack of prisons, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 826 million Zosnorians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tar Valon. The average income tax rate is 14.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Zosnorian economy, worth 99.1 trillion Zos a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Gambling, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 120,024 Zos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Photographers have to apply for a license to photograph JasonRahl, maximum security fish farms leave caged salmon pining for the fjords, casino tax breaks are even bigger than their jackpots, and political dissidents are cut off from essential services. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low. Zosnor's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Zosnor, political dissidents are cut off from essential services.
- : Following new legislation in Zosnor, casino tax breaks are even bigger than their jackpots.
- : Following new legislation in Zosnor, maximum security fish farms leave caged salmon pining for the fjords.
- : Zosnor endorsed The Federal Republic of West Carlisten.
- : Following new legislation in Zosnor, photographers have to apply for a license to photograph JasonRahl.
- : Following new legislation in Zosnor, hand-to-hand combat experience is udderly essential for all dairy ranchers.
- : Following new legislation in Zosnor, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- : Following new legislation in Zosnor, ship captains always order a return to port at the slightest sign of rain.
- : Following new legislation in Zosnor, extraordinary rendition is nothing out of the ordinary.
- : Zosnor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Land Management".
Endorsements Received: 53 » Tsunamy, Erinor, Quiescent, Land Without Shrimp, Abarri, Anachronolandia, Aidenfieeld, Barabarom, Saciu, Wehraboos, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ostanasia, Academy of Umbrellas, Agalaesia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Volaworand, Hanguk-Nippon, Pays de Loire, Dasko, Tsvetania, Drystar, Aumeltopia, Amerion, Kringalia, Wild Space, Farengeto, Great Africans, Caladh, Qvait, Beepee, PenguinPies, Jennaterra, Luddinlande, Aurcania, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, New Briantown, Churumduul, Sedunn, Concrete Slab, Imperial Duck, Linguiniland, Empa Aserium, Mapico, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Omiri, Grand Kingdom of Zilean Empire, and 3 others.Qawe, Malonereich, and West Carlisten.