“All as One” Zako Youri
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Kingdom of Zozanio is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Zako Youri with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 1.826 billion Zozans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mai'Zekore. The average income tax rate is 68.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Zozanian economy, worth 237 trillion Jecols a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 130,181 Jecols, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Graffiti graces every city's streets, motorists' locations are constantly tracked by intelligence and law enforcement agencies, glamping Zozans won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi, and political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Zozanio's national animal is the Grizzly Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zozanio's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Zozanio's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Zozanio's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Zozanio was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens, Most Compassionate Citizens, Most Scientifically Advanced, Largest Information Technology Sector, and Healthiest Citizens.
- : Zozanio was refounded in Balder.
- : Zozanio ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Zozanio was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and the Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Zozanio was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Zozanio was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Zozanio's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".