“House of Miriam”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Sprat
The People's Republic of Zweisamkeit is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Princesse Sarah with a fair hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 2.144 billion Zweisamkeitians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Spirituality, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lieblich. The average income tax rate is 32.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Zweisamkeitian economy, worth 63.8 trillion sweet cats a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Basket Weaving, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 29,735 sweet cats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, surveillance cameras are banned, Princesse Sarah has just been declared ruler of Zweisamkeit in an international press conference, and Ice Cream has been named as Zweisamkeit's national religion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Zweisamkeit's national animal is the Miriam cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Ice Cream.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zweisamkeit's influence in Deutschland rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Zweisamkeit's influence in Deutschland rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Zweisamkeit's influence in Deutschland rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Zweisamkeit was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout and Nicest Citizens.
- : Zweisamkeit changed its national faith to "Ice Cream".
- : Zweisamkeit altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Zweisamkeit, Ice Cream has been named as Zweisamkeit's national religion.
- : Zweisamkeit relocated from Osiris to Deutschland.
- : Zweisamkeit was refounded in Osiris.
- : Zweisamkeit ceased to exist in Deutschland.