In accordance with the Local Council regulations
4. Election Process
(1) Prior to the opening of the first voting period of the LC election, there will be a period of 3 days where residents can nominate candidates, and candidates can accept nominations, which will commence after a region-wide telegram sent by the Election Commissioner announcing the opening of nominations. This will be followed by 3 days where candidates can campaign, which will commence after a region-wide telegram sent by the Election Commissioner announcing the close of nominations and start of the campaign.
(2) The election will be two game side polls, each lasting three days. The winner of the first poll will be elected onto the Local Council, and all remaining candidates will move on to the next poll, where the top two candidates will be elected.
(3) If there are three candidates or fewer, all candidates will be automatically elected. If there are fewer than three candidates, the elected Local Council shall fill any remaining spaces on the Local Council under the terms outlined in Section 5 of this Act.
(4) If there are between four and eleven candidates, the election will occur as stated.
(5) If there are more than eleven candidates, the vote will be split into two three day polls with the top eleven vote-receiving candidates continuing onto the set of normal voting periods.
(6) Re-open nominations (RON) must be an option on both normal voting periods.
(7) In the event of a tie, all tied candidates will be elected unless this takes the number of Local Councillors to greater than three, in which case there will be a separate three day poll for the tied candidates.
(8) In the event of RON winning a poll, any candidates elected prior to that poll will be allowed to take their place on the Local Council without running again, and the nominations would re-open for the remaining places.
(9) In the event a candidate who has won a round but is later disqualified by the Election Commissioner or the Council on Regional Security, that roundís results are voided and a new round shall be added.
(10) The terms for the incoming Local Council begin when the Election Commissioner certifies the results and the Delegate assigns Regional Officer Powers, before which any and all election-related disputes must be settled. The outgoing Local Council will maintain their offices until then.
Nominations: 11PM UTC Saturday 30th November - 11PM UTC Tuesday 3rd December.
Campaigning: 11PM UTC Tuesday 3rd December - 11PM UTC Friday 6th December.
Voting Round 1 will begin around 11PM UTC on Friday 6th December and run until 11PM UTC Monday 9th December.
Voting Round 2 will tentatively begin around 11PM UTC Monday 9th December and run until 11PM UTC Thursday 12th December.
This timescale may be subject to change.
Conflict of Interest
The Western Concrete Slabian Isles
The Northern Concrete Slabian Isles
The eastern concrete slabian isles
The southern concrete slabian isles
The crossed blades
Totally not an artificial furry
The poker through The poker 30
Positions of COI: Psomewhere moderator
Citizen and executive staff member of TNP through The Northern Concrete Slabian Isles
Third time's the charm!
Concrete Slab for Local Council!!
Heya! For those who don't know me, I'm your resident sentient building material, CS, and I'm running for Local Councillor! After a long hiatus and government ban I am ready to continue serving the people of TSP!
My terms have been... quite interesting. Anyway, here's what I want to do next term!
TSP is my home away from home, and I want to continue making it yours too! So vote for Concrete Slab today!
CoI in campaign dispatch.
Please Vote for Beepee for Local Councillor
Let's jump into this elections campaign!
It's me, Beepee.
I'm running for a position in the Local Council.
I'm not very good at selling myself... but here goes.
What will I do...
Remember together we are amazing... together we are unstoppable!
Questions and Answers
Conflict of Interest
I, Beepee, being of sound mind and body (at least as sound as it's ever going to be) hereby declare:
Erinor's tagged because he's wonderful and so he has this dispatch for EC purposes.
I have no current affiliations in other regions, now that my puppet-storage region has suddenly CTEíd. My only remaining puppet nation resides in TSP. More information available upon request.
CoI in campaign dispatch.
CoI in campaign dispatch
Zess for Local Council!
Hey! Itís me! Zess! This is my first time running for a position on The South Pacific Local Council and it would mean the world to me if you voted for me. Iíve been on NationStates as Zess for over a year now and I thought it was high time I got involved in helping out the RMB I love so dearly. As an LC Iíll try and be approachable and open to suggestions and criticism while remaining stern and tough on rule breakers. But enough of that, letís talk about what I stand for.
Remember! Vote Zess for LC! Keep the LC on the RMB!
Concrete Slab (accepted)
Quiescent (not accepted)
Beepee (accepted) (elected)
The Solar System Scope (declined)
The Filippinas (declined)
Marco the aonooki (accepted) (disqualified)
Can I run in this Election?
Not any longer, as the nomination period has now closed. Here is a list of candidate eligibility criteria to hear in mind for next time, however:
(1) A candidate may only run for one seat on the Local Council.
(2) Candidates must receive and accept a nomination on the Regional Message Board from a resident WA nation in The South Pacific that is not their own account or controlled or accessible by the candidate nominated. The acceptance post must quote the nominating post in full and mention the Election Commissioner using nation tags. Nominations and declined nominations should not tag the Election Commissioner.
(3) To be eligible, a candidate must be a resident of The South Pacific, and all candidates must file a full Conflict of Interest disclosure to the Election Commissioner, fully listing all nations they control and can access and disclosing any positions held in other regions.
(4) The Election Commissioner shall share the Conflict of Interest Disclosure with the Council on Regional Security to allow a security check.
(5) The CRS can prevent any candidate from running if they deem them to be a security threat.
(6) Candidates shall publicly post their Conflict of Interest disclosure in a dispatch, which may be their campaign dispatch. At the request of the candidate The Minister of Military Affairs may authorize the waiving of the public disclosure of nations participating in South Pacific Special Forces operations. In such cases the public disclosure should state that SPSF participating nations are not listed as authorized by the Minister of Military Affairs. The Minister of Military Affairs shall confirm this by sending confirmation to the Election Commissioner.
(7) If, at any time before the election is certified, the Election Commissioner or the Council on Regional Security determines a candidate's Conflict of Interest Disclosure is not fully truthful, or the CRS determines a candidate represents a security threat, then the candidate will be disqualified from the election.
(8) An intentional deception or omission in a Conflict Of Interest, or knowingly abetting in another's claims to a false identity, wherein this fraud threatens the security of The South Pacific, or circumvents the laws and legal processes of The South Pacific, including the electoral process described in this Act, shall constitute Identity Fraud and be subject to referral for prosecution by the Election Commissioner or Council on Regional Security.
(9) Any Local Councilor can serve a maximum of two consecutive terms. If they serve that maximum, they must wait for one full term before they can run in a regularly scheduled election for the Local Council again. Any member of cabinet must wait one full Local Council term after leaving the cabinet before they can run in a regularly scheduled election for the Local Council.
Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions, ideally via telegram or you can tag me with a mention on the RMB.
May the odds be ever in your favour...