Kirsdoff Summit Agreement
Of the Undersigned Nations on the 9th of April, 2017
or the purposes of providing for the well-being of the global environment and human health through a regional effort to curb production of greenhouse gas emissions and toxic, ozone-depleting compounds, the Undersigned Nations hereby enact the following agreement and adhere to its provisions:
Article 1: Ozone-Depleting Substances:
1. All nations shall ban the production, trade, and use of Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and Bromofluorocarbons (BFCs) within one year of ratification;
2. Shall ban the production trade and use of Hydro-chlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs), excepting cases of existing equipment needs by 2020;
3. Shall ban all use of HCFCs by 2025;
4. Shall ban the production trade and use of Hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), excepting cases of existing equipment needs by 2025;
5. Shall ban all use of HFCs by 2030.
Article 2: The Western Isles Climate Response Council
1. The Western Isles Climate Response Council (TWICRC) shall be established and composed of a single representative from each member nation that elects to join the council at the time of this documentís ratification.
2. Each member nation shall contribute 0.25% of federal revenue to TWICRC funds
3. TWICRC shall use these funds for researching alternative energy and to aid nations in alternative energy infrastructure projects as is seen fit and appropriate by the council members.
4. Member nations may petition TWICRC for funding to create alternative energy infrastructure with the prerequisite of a fully actualized construction plan and timeline. If a member nation is granted funding, said nation will be expected to execute the plan as presented to the committee at the time of petition. If said nation fails to construct as planned or fails to implement the plan in time without reasonable cause, they will be found in breach of contract, indicted, and cut from funding.
Article 3: Alternative Energy Production Goals
1. Member nations currently void of alternative energy sources, undersigned and indicated in Annex A, will work with the aid of TWICRC to achieve 5% total power production from alternative energy sources
2. Member nations undersigned and indicated in Annex B, shall achieve an increase of 10% of total power production from alternative energy sources.
3. Member nations undersigned and indicated in Annex C, shall achieve an increase of 15% of total power production from alternative energy sources. If a nation has less that 15% total power production from non-alternative energy sources, then they shall achieve 100% alternative energy power production.
4. All energy goals in this section shall be met within exactly 15 years of ratification (2033).
Article 4: Definitions
1. Alternative Energy meaning sources of energy that do not originate from fossil fuels and do not significantly contribute to greenhouse gas and toxic chemical emissions including solar power, wind power, nuclear fission, geothermal power, and hydroelectric power.
2. Alternative energy infrastructure meaning any construct that facilitates the use of alternative energy sources including alternative energy power plants and their necessary utilities and transportation infrastructure.
Appendix: Annex preferences
(m) signifies a member-state of The Western Isles Climate Response Council