Here are your first steps...
Join the WA: page=un
Endorse Libertanny our delegate and leader
Endorse the Viziers and Regional Officers by clicking here
Gain more rights to troll without being kicced out by cliccing here
Endorse me if u feel like it
Look at the play maps we have:
TEP Forum RP
Important Information for TEP Forums
Regional Message Board (RMB) RP
Rules for RMB RP, please read this.
Historic/Retired Roleplay Maps
Just because no one is currently active on them doesn't mean they aren't a part of TEP's culture! Some of them may be revived, and they serve as an exhibit of what once was.
The original dispatch was deleted by its owner, Plazland.
An older version of the ongoing Valsora map.
Alternate History Maps
Created by a single player, these maps are examples of other forms of storytelling in TEP.
Here's a general guide to the nature of each map, and what you'll experience if u join:
Urth roleplay works very slowly. It's on the TEP forums, which is a separate site and takes a while to understand
Valsora is an old and stable RP map. If you want to be sure to have a long game life for your nation, this is your choice. It also has the most war of all the maps, and a lot of options for diplomacy and exploration
Windsor is somewhat like a text version of Civilization 5. Economics, diplomacy and politics is more in depth than Valsora, and war isn't as frequent. Currently it's sort of dead, so make sure there is activity on Windsor before joining by messaging Volinovia or [nation]Technocratic Tagalog.[/nation]
Courisia is an older version of Windsor. Unfortunately, it's close to dead right now
Note that NS issues are not that serious. You can answer an issue seriously and get ridiculous results. Just take it as a joke, chuckle and continue answering : ) Try to be #1 at different things and show off like Virgolia or try to be as turrible as possible and make jokes about it on RMB like the awful Wiranath
Things you can do with roleplay and world creation do are:
1. create imaginative worlds (history, religion, technology, civilizations, etc) for your fictional nation and states, cities and people
2. create graphics national or region flags, emblems, countryballs, anthems, poetry, comics or art that's related to your imagined nations
3. create short stories, longer stories or even novels alone or with others on RMB
4. create your own map and invite others to join
And then, my special brand of RMB funz...
5. make jokes and troll people (my job! MINE!)
6. worship the Lord of the Blessed Corn and be forever enriched with popcorn
7. Bother other n00bies with this dispatch when they first say 'im new here how do I play]
Here are the 5 cardinal rules of RmB:
1. Don't triple post (posting 3 times in a row). Double posting is okay, but not recommended. After you make a post, do check the RMB (the place where you're reading this) and wait for someone else to post. Then make your next post
2a. No advertisements for regions. This region is TEP, and we use the [region][/region] tag like The East Pacific. To be on the safe side, don't link to any regions.
2b. No advertising for sites. You can post imgur images or Youtube links and so on, but don't go 'Oh, this site is awesome! You have to join' and then link us to your uncle's fairly-illegal questionably-human-rights-violating sweatshop
3. Don't directly insult people or seriously troll to truly hurt or offend people. Trolling should be done in a fun, joking manner (if you want to know more, sign up for my Trolling 101 class on Udemy)
4. Don't spam with meaningless posts. Example include but are not exclusive to:
a. Foreign languages without translation
b. A bunch of emojis
c. A bunch of ASCII art or Lennies (sniff)
d. Single or double meaningless words
e. Any kind of copypasta
f. Dots or 'bump'
5. Don't make sexual references of any kind. You will find some very slight pg-13ish material here and there, but please watch the RMB for a week before figuring out where the line is.
If you follow these simple rules, you'll have lots of time to learn rest as u go. Have fun!
For more pedantic information, click here:
... or as we call it, the Best Pacific!
3. If you wish to gain citizen rights, apply for your own TEP Citizenship.
4. Afer you're accepted, you may wish to join our Regional Government.
5. If you want to stay in touch with us, join our Regional Discord!
6. If you have some time, you may wish to join one (or even two or three) of our Roleplay Maps!
7. Upvote this factbook (all pages, please :-) ).
8. Stay in touch with Eastern Pacific News Service!
Original Dispatch Credit: Libertanny