Last Amended: 2nd November 2014
To ensure that executives of The Rejected Realms are always elected by a majority of candidates, The Rejected Realms favours plurality block voting (PBV) and instant-runoff voting (IRV) over the first-past-the-post (FPTP) method.
Article 1 - Officer Elections
1. Ballots should include all candidates running in an election - allowing voters to rank each candidate preferentially from one (most favored candidate) to their least favored candidates.
2. Voters must rank all candidates.
3. The first preferences of all voters should be counted.
4. If a candidate holds a majority (50%+) over said votes, that candidate has been elected as an Officer.
5. If no candidate holds a majority over said votes, then the candidate with the least amount of votes shall be eliminated and any voters who voted for this candidate shall have their vote transferred to their next preferred candidate (as indicated by their ballot). This process shall be repeated until a candidate holds a majority.
6. After an officer has been elected, the voters who voted for this candidate shall have their vote transferred to the next preferred candidate - even to those candidates who had been previously considered "eliminated". This process shall be repeated until all vacancies have been filled.
7. In the event that any candidates tie for votes - the candidate with the lower borda count shall be eliminated. To calculate a borda count, each candidate amasses one point for each last place vote received, two points for each second-to-last place vote received, three points for each third-to-last place vote received and so and so forth.
8. In the event that any candidates tie with the same number of votes and an equal borda count, then the candidate who joined the regional forums earlier shall be favored.
Article 2 - Delegate Elections
1. For delegate elections, the aforementioned process, detailed through Article 1.1-8, shall be repeated until a single candidate holds a majority. That candidate has been elected as the delegate.