by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Geopolity Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .4,2964,2974,2984,2994,3004,3014,302. . .4,4254,426»

Board of War to deploy military assets to Western afrika

In light of the escalating and increasingly violent civil war in the West African region, the Board of War will be deploying military assets to the country to ensure the protection of Chinese citizens, property, as well as local embassies and consulates.

It is estimated that around 100,000 Chinese citizens reside within the African nation.

The Board of War will be deploying 1 Sovremennyy class destroyer, as well as 1 Jianghu V frigate and 1 Solgae 621 LCAC to the region, with a reserve force of 2 Akula ass submarines, to ensure the safety of Chinese owned maritime assets. In addition, 8 cruise ships with a passenger capacity of 3,000 persons will be periodically evacuating Chinese citizens, as well as refugees or other nationals on a voluntary basis. The naval assets deployed will also be used as escort ships until the vessels are in safe hands.

3,000 soldiers from the Bordered White Banner will be deployed to over 849 diplomatic posts, consulates, embassies, properties, buildings and homes across the West African region.

The Imperial Air Forces have also arranged for the delivery of humanitarian supplies to be made via several Y-20 transport planes. Said planes will touch down all across the nation, making 3 day logn rest stops across various cities to distribute aid.

The total amount of personnel involved is numbered at 5,200 soldiers, as well as 800 civilian volunteers.

The 6,000 persons deployed overseas have been reorganised under the Qing West Africa Expeditionary Force.

A small peak into Infinian mythology

It is feared in European mythology, said to attack everyone unfortunate enough to sail near it. It is represented as an aggressive, yet intelligent, but above all powerful monster in various fantasy novels, games, and movies. But despite this popular depiction, in Infinian culture, it has for centuries been an object of worship. The Biyoxako, as it is known in ancient Infinian, literally translates to ‘he who controls the waters.’ Yet, the more popular name comes from Scandinavia - the Kraken. When European culture and lingo increasingly influenced Infiny’s understanding of itself, the Kraken and the Biyoxako became the same. Why was - and for some still is - the Kraken worshipped in Ifitinism in the first place?

It is a classical Infinian curiosity. The worshipping of the Kraken is thought to originate around the year 100 BCE. Around this time, the Kraken first appears in the Infinian chronicles in the capital city of Elliniko. It appears in Infiny’s foundation myth, where it is said that it roams the water of the Socotra strait, between the similarly named archipelago and the Hafun cape. An intellectual divinity, it could sense the purity of the souls in his domain. It would guide those who were pure of heart, while those with malevolent intentions would soon meet their end. When the ancient kingdom of Hadhramut fell to invaders, many fled to the still-standing colony in the horn of Africa. One of the ships, carrying the sacred images of several Hadhrami deities, blew off course. It ended up shipwrecked on the island of Socotra. Here, the survivors witnessed two battling monstrosities; an evil spider race, and a guardian bird race. The survivors were promptly attacked by the arachnid creatures, but divine providence saw the avians defeat the spiders and protect the shipwrecked refugees. However, they were now stuck on an archipelago, unable to fulfill their mission.

What happens next is disputed. Some factions in Ifitnism claim that it was the bird race which carried the shipwrecked refugees to the African continent. In this post, however, we are explaining the alternative explanation, that the shipwrecked built a small raft and attempted to reach cape Hafun. As one who read the introduction to this post would know, they went right into the Kraken’s domain. Soon after they passed the island of Cilmiya, the water started swirling, as a gigantic cephalopod rose from the sea. The Kraken, who they were faced with, towered over the refugees as they thought their life to be over. However, the divine beast sensed the purity of heart of the men. He would ultimately guide them to Elliniko, where their commander, Remu I, became King of the newly independent Kingdom of Inviya. From that time onward, the Kraken was worshipped as the guardian of the sea.

Worship of the Kraken was most dominant on the island of Socotra and other coastal areas under Infinian control. The island of Socotra proved to be unconquerable. Every time it was besieged, the invaders failed to capture it. The Romans failed when the Infinians separated, the Muslim insurgents failed, and the squabbling local lords of the Era of Twilight failed to wrestle the island from the Royal domain. It was believed that the Kraken’s divine intervention safeguarded the island. However, this changed in 1476, when the island was finally lost.

How could the island that was protected by the divine beast have fallen? The most common explanation among the Ifitnist clergy at the time was that it was a test. The beast would leave the realm and subject the Infinians to tests to make them stronger. Once the time was right, he would return. But as the tide of history increasingly turned against the Empire, the explanation fell out of favor. There are currently only a few that truly believe in the Kraken’s return.

Intermarium union and Western afrika

DECLARATION OF THE CONFEDERACY OF THE TETRARCHY

The Unitary Republic of Central mursia, the Hellenic Kingdom of Gramuntaria and the Imperial Federation of Infiny, together united as the Confederation of the Trirachy, have accepted the entry bid of the Roman Republic (Vicintia) as a full member of the Confederation. As such, the organization shall now be known as the Confederation of the Tetrarchy. It is expected that the Roman ratification of membership shall be done shortly.

Central mursia and Vicintia

Infiny wrote:DECLARATION OF THE CONFEDERACY OF THE TETRARCHY

The Unitary Republic of Central mursia, the Hellenic Kingdom of Gramuntaria and the Imperial Federation of Infiny, together united as the Confederation of the Trirachy, have accepted the entry bid of the Roman Republic (Vicintia) as a full member of the Confederation. As such, the organization shall now be known as the Confederation of the Tetrarchy. It is expected that the Roman ratification of membership shall be done shortly.

Response:

The people and Senate of the Roman Republic thank the members for their acceptance, Rome will to the utmost of its ability work to securing a brighter future for all our peoples.

Western afrika

Abidjan, Abidjan, West Africa

Kibwe Diya, Themba Akiloye, and Kato Igbinedion, all agents of the Republican Movement were driving into Abidjan. They slowly met the border crossing and were met by guards. The guards, as done to everyone, flagged them down. "What are your names and business for coming into Abidjan?" asked Sargent Biobaku. Kibwe, the driver, spoke for himself and the others in the truck. "My name is Nsia Orji, his name is Gazini Okilo, and her name is Yawà Ojukwu. We're here on business with The Afrika Corporation." says Kibwe as forged cards were handed to the guards. Biobaku looked over the cards. To them, everything checked out. As he handed the cards back, Biobaku said, "You should stay in the city. The rebels are getting too close for comfort. Anyways, on your way."

Biobaku waved to the gatekeeper and the gate was opened. Kibwe drove through the gate and went on his way. Their destination was the Capitol Building. They drove by outposts of guards and tank crossings. "This place looks like military hell!" said Kato. "Military power even though Nkemdilim is still in charge." said Kibwe. Kato shook her head in disbelief. "Hopefully, what we do would be worth it. If anything, this would be the Loyalists' last bastion against us." said Kibwe. "Look, turn here." said Themba as he motioned for Kibwe to take a right turn.

Kibwe took a right turn and came to an abrupt stop. There were blockages on the road. "What the hell? Since when has this been here? I've been out of the city for a month." said Kato in confusion. Kibwe stops the truck and turns it off. "Grab the bags and follow me." he said as he left the truck. Kato and Themba followed.

They walked for a few minutes and then stopped in an alleyway. "We're at Ngige Royal Drive, we're two minutes out. Come on." said Themba. They walked out after a small convoy passed. They snuck their way across the street, trying to blend in as much as possible.

After another 4 minutes, they reached the side of the Capitol Building. They set the bags down, and unpacked the explosives. It was mostly charges, but there was also a grenade launcher with six grenades in it. Themba looked to Kato, then to Kibwe. All nodded at each other. Kato and Themba ran across and snuck up to the building, past guards, and set the charges near the Royal Housing. They quickly ran back, almost getting caught crossing the yard. The quickly snuck behind cover. Kibwe gave Themba the go-ahead. "Si isalẹ pẹlu ibanuje. Gigun ijọba tiwanti gigun." said Themba. The trigger was pushed and was then followed by explosions. Alarms then sounded and the grenades were fired at the guards running to the source of the explosion. This resulted in a group of five soldiers being killed.

The group turned and ran away from the site where they hid but were met with a light tank, two APVs, and 10 soldiers. "Ah, nik!" exclaimed Kato. They were captured and detained.

They were brought to a yard and kneeled down. Pistols were pointed at their heads and then shot. They were executed due to the circumstances. Three rebels dead, five soldiers dead.

Later, it finds out that King Nkemdilim was standing near the explosion, killing him. This would be the end of the King's reign. This ushered in the reign of King Ffumbe.

Office of the Grand Senator, St.Andrewsburg, Russoslava

Zotov is seated at the head of the table, with the Grand Military Command, he smokes his pipe as he looks through his papers. "The Great Embarrassment has turned public opinion against my office, things must be done, one of you hear, will lose your job," Zotov said, looking at every commander in the room.

"Alexi Protopopov, you're in charge of intelligence for this Command, you fail to inform us or failed to learn about the involvement of Furstia. That cost us time and it could have cost us lives if the war escalated with them, Alexi, I'm sorry but You're relieved of command," Zotov said. Alexi nodded stood up and left the room.

"The rest of you are off the hook, you may leave," Zotov said all but Medvedev and Brandonov leave.

"Sir what about us?" Brandonov asked.

"Brandonov, you followed orders, and Medvedev you made a tactical decision that saved lives, you may go back to work," Zotov said.

RBC News: Volkinism Grows to 12%

A recent poll by the government has shown that Volkinism has become the 2nd most prescribed religion as it grew to 12%, again mostly condensed in the State of Ubetslava however a lot of smaller pockets have cropped up across the country. Again the government has said nothing on the matter however members of the Jewish and Islamic Community have commented their concerns that their culture is in jeopardy as Volkinism has a majority of its members that were once prescribed to the Islamic faith however it has also been affecting the Jewish community, again a majority of its members are 30 years of age or less. A recent boost of membership happened as Sailors and returning servicemen were treated poorly and were welcomed by the Volkinist Community.

Western afrika wrote:Aysi looks to a guard. "Guard, do you trust this woman?" she asks. The guard looks at Aysi, then Zeynab, then back at Aysi. "Yes, Madam President. Her paperwork was in order and she has yet to prove anything contrary otherwise." he answered. She smiles and nods slightly. "Then it's settled, I'll go with you, Agent. I mustn't be too long though, we're nearing the endgame." said Aysi.

Soon after, Agent Diya relayed the codeword "Brisa" to her superiors through a satellite phone. 1 hour and a half later, a SH-60 of the Furstian People's Navy landed with the objective of taking the agent and the republican leader to the APF Limbe, flagship of the Operation "Scorpion".
On the bridge, waiting to meet the rebel leader were Director Pablo Iweala and the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Andrés Dorrego, along with the Captain of the ship, Alfonso Gwadabe

Captain Gwadabe: Ladies, welcome aboard the APF Limbe. I hope your journey was safe.

Director Iweala: Excellent work, Agent Diya. Mrs. Amaechi, my name is Pablo Iweala. I am from State Security. I'm pleased to meet you.

Minister Dorrego: Mrs. Amaechi, allow me to introduce myself as well. Andrés Dorrego, Furstian Minister of Foreign Affairs. I'm sure that our agent here has told you about the proposition my Government has for your and your country's movement. I'm here to formalize our agreement and also to answer any questions that you might have right now regarding this deal.

Western afrika

Furstia wrote:Soon after, Agent Diya relayed the codeword "Brisa" to her superiors through a satellite phone. 1 hour and a half later, a SH-60 of the Furstian People's Navy landed with the objective of taking the agent and the republican leader to the APF Limbe, flagship of the Operation "Scorpion".
On the bridge, waiting to meet the rebel leader were Director Pablo Iweala and the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Andrés Dorrego, along with the Captain of the ship, Alfonso Gwadabe

Captain Gwadabe: Ladies, welcome aboard the APF Limbe. I hope your journey was safe.

Director Iweala: Excellent work, Agent Diya. Mrs. Amaechi, my name is Pablo Iweala. I am from State Security. I'm pleased to meet you.

Minister Dorrego: Mrs. Amaechi, allow me to introduce myself as well. Andrés Dorrego, Furstian Minister of Foreign Affairs. I'm sure that our agent here has told you about the proposition my Government has for your and your country's movement. I'm here to formalize our agreement and also to answer any questions that you might have right now regarding this deal.

Aysi Amaechi: It's well to meet you all. Agent Diya has informed me of everything you have wished to relay. I do wish to have the royal family outed. Though, Abidjan is somewhere where you won't find them. They've been moved to Yamoussoukro since the attack that killed King Nkemdilim. I ask, how do you plan on outting them?

RBC News:Barron Medvedev Founds Tobacco Plantation in Ubetslava

Sir Sergei Medvedev, Barron of St.Andrewsburg has purchased 100 Square acres of land in the Lake Balkhash Region of Ubetslava to build a Tobacco Plantation in conjunction of founding the Medvedev Tabacco Company. In which they will Sell Smoking Products, from Tabacco to Pipes and Cigars. Barron Medvedev, an Oil and Mine Barron, owning large stocks in many Oil and Mining Companys and Co-founding and Co-owning the North Star Defense Company, Russoslava's largest Defense contractor. Barron Medvedev who has been known for Caraitabliy acts stated his Plan for the Plantation is to hire homeless workers in Ubetslava and provide Food and board and pay them a generous salary for manual labor. Medvedev is a popular figure in Russoslava and is considered the standard for Higher Class living and Royalty in Russoslava which has garnered him a following of Loyal supporters who have pushed him to Submits Claim to the now vacant Russoslav throne, it's no secret that The Barron and Princess Anastasia have been dating for several months which many supporters have said gives him legitimacy to the throne however he and Princess Anastasia have not commented on such rumors.

Western afrika

Another Call After Final Advancement

After a large advancement towards Abidjan, Aysi Amaechi calls for King Ffumbe to engage in talks. If King Ffumbe will talk is unknown. It has been stated by Aysi herself that if talks are once again rejected, there will not be another chance and the march towards Abidjan will continue. Aysi hopes that talks will commence but will be prepared for the rejection. The West African Civil War has been raging for a couple of months now, and many hope it will soon be over. Fighting still continues at the border of Rebel and Loyalist territories.

Western afrika wrote:

Minister Dorrego: A brigade of our army is present in that city. But, in order to ensure their capture, we can send a platoon of some of our best soldiers.

If you wish to proceed with the operation, right here I have a prepared document, stating that my Government recognizes the Republican Movement as the sole legitimate authority of West Africa, with you as its provisional leader. If you would be so kind as to provide your signature below, this will all be carried out switfly and I can assure that this conflict will be over in no time, Mrs. Amaechi.

Undisclosed location, Nebraska

As the group unloaded the trucks to move the crates into their underground compound, one of the men took a break to smoke his last cigar. As he took the first puff of the cigar, he heard a jet engine overhead. Thinking nothing of it he puffed on the cigar until he saw in the dim light of the early morning a shape coming from the east and coming fast. Soon the shape become four distinct shapes and the men unloading the trucks stood for a moment before realizing what the planes where. Their delay however was too long and soon, had anyone else been nearby, the familiar sound of heavy rotary cannon echoed across the prairie. Trucks, crates and bodies soon flew through the air until nothing but burning wreckage and body parts littered the ground. One of the A-10 Thunderbolt IIs (the warthog's true name) came back around for a final pass before dropping a JDAM onto the hidden bunker complex used by the True Sons. By the time the clean-up crew would arrive, nothing but a gaping hole and dead bodies would be left for them to remove and fill in.

(for the sound effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPs6bbMf5Sw)

Orange-Bourgogne wrote:Official correspondence
To: The Council of EFTO (European Free Trade Organisation)
From: Department of State for Commerce, Orange-Bourgogne
Subject: Application for observer status
Encryption: None

To whomever it may concern, Greeting!

On behalf of the Cabinet of Orange-Bourgogne, and specifically the Departments of State for External Affairs and Commerce, and His Majesty’s Treasury, we would like to commend the European Free Trade Organisation on their goals. We endorse the values that the EFTO stands for and would like to follow it closely.

However, due to the political landscape at home, we do not feel confident enough to officially join the EFTO as a full member at this moment in time. Therefore, we would like to apply to become an Observer to your Organisation. Together with this letter, you should have received further documents backing our application to become an Observer.1

We look forward to hear more from the EFTO in the near future.

[Signed]

Also for the other said Departments involved:
Nathan de Rothschild PC MP
Secretary of State for Commerce

------------------------
1) See the sent telegram.

THE COUNCIL OF THE EUROPEAN FREE TRADE ORGANISATION

To: Nathan de Rothschild PC MP, Department of State for Commerce, Orange-Bourgogne

Greetings,

The Council of the EFTO has reviewed your application for joining the organisation as an observer state. The Council wishes to express its pleasure in having the nation of Orange-Bourgogne expressing its interest in joining the EFTO.

Members of the organisation wish to establish some further details on which details of the EFTO convention you take exception with and intend on not implementing. If you could address which points in the convention Orange-Bourgogne does not wish to participate in it would be much appreciated.

Western afrika

Furstia wrote:Minister Dorrego: A brigade of our army is present in that city. But, in order to ensure their capture, we can send a platoon of some of our best soldiers.

If you wish to proceed with the operation, right here I have a prepared document, stating that my Government recognizes the Republican Movement as the sole legitimate authority of West Africa, with you as its provisional leader. If you would be so kind as to provide your signature below, this will all be carried out switfly and I can assure that this conflict will be over in no time, Mrs. Amaechi.

Aysi Amaechi: I'll sign, only if we free my people from the labor camps around Abidjan. If we can do that, then we can make movements on the royals. If we can take Yamoussoukro, however, that can be a point to go from. Understand?

Gramuntaria News

Power outage leaves Tirana in the dark for 5 hours

A power outage last night caused almost all of the Albanian capital city of Tirana to not have any power for over 5 hours. At 6:35 PM, about 90% of the city went dark due to power the energy supplies being hit by a severe thunderstorm. The power outage lasted till around 11:50. Hospitals and emergency services had to rely on backup generators. Luckily, no deaths have been reported that have been caused by the power outage and damage seems to be limited. Services are repairing the last damaged power lines as we speak and the main supplies are being strengthened to prevent other large-scale power outages like this to happen.

Imperial Eagle wrote:the A-10 Thunderbolt IIs (the warthog's true name)

OOC: God Bless you, sir. aThe Thunderbolt had a reputation for toughness during WW2 and when the A-10 came along and was known for its toughness during trails, it was the perfect successor.

RBC News: Grand Senator Zotov Resigns, Volkov Swore in as Interim

This morning Grand Senator Mikhail Zotov elected to resign as Grand Senator, stating his reason as "I've failed to live up to the expectation that held to as a man who held the positions of Office I did, for that reason I must resign,". The Grand Council held a meeting and decided that Grand General Andruyu Volkov would be sworn in as Interim Grand Senator till the Council decides what the next step is.

The most popular proposal that was suggested was that the new King and or Queen would assume the Role as the Nations leader and share power with the Grand Council. The other Options was holding an election for a new Grand Senator, however The Ground Council that there is no one qualified for the job that is willing to submit for the running. The Council will meet and deliberate over the course of the next few weeks or so and will decide on which option and carry it out.

However, the Church and the Senid have yet to name a new King or Monarch the Strongest contender is Barron Sergei Medvedev however the Barron has not commented or announce that he would submit himself as a Candidate for the Throne.

Western afrika wrote:Aysi Amaechi: I'll sign, only if we free my people from the labor camps around Abidjan. If we can do that, then we can make movements on the royals. If we can take Yamoussoukro, however, that can be a point to go from. Understand?

Minister Dorrego: Of course, you can add that clause to the document if you wish to do so.
Once you have signed, the 50,000 troops of the Furstian People's Army currently in your country will comply with their new orders and support your government.

European Free Trade Organisation wrote:THE COUNCIL OF THE EUROPEAN FREE TRADE ORGANISATION

To: Nathan de Rothschild PC MP, Department of State for Commerce, Orange-Bourgogne

Greetings,

The Council of the EFTO has reviewed your application for joining the organisation as an observer state. The Council wishes to express its pleasure in having the nation of Orange-Bourgogne expressing its interest in joining the EFTO.

Members of the organisation wish to establish some further details on which details of the EFTO convention you take exception with and intend on not implementing. If you could address which points in the convention Orange-Bourgogne does not wish to participate in it would be much appreciated.

Official correspondence
To: The Council of EFTO (European Free Trade Organisation)
From: Department of State for Commerce, Orange-Bourgogne
Subject: Observer status
Encryption: None

To whom it may concern, Greeting!

The Department of State for Commerce, as well as the other Departments involved, is happy to hear that the application process for Orange-Bourgogne to become an Observer to the EFTO is underway. We are also happy to hear that our request for an Observership is seen as a pleasure.

The question that the EFTO has asked me to answer, I must divide into two parts: first, a more general part on the subject of implementing law coming from an international organisation, secondly, that of specific subjects we have reservations about.

With regards to the first issue, it is the Government's understanding that under the EFTO seeks the United Kingdom to implement its regulations and other binding agreements that come from its Member States. This is a fundamental problem for us: we would like to become an Observer so that we do not have to honour the obligations placed on Member States. We therefore would like to respond with the following question: What would, in the view of yourselves, be the difference between Observers and Member States both have to follow the EFTO rules, except that the former has no representation or explicit rights as such rules come to be?

I will now move on to make more specific reservations. The Government would not like to see Orange-Bourgogne subject to a space where freedom of movement for individuals is guaranteed as of now. We understand that this is a key principle for the EFTO, but Orange-Bourgogne does at this point in time, not think that such a freedom would be beneficial for the United Kingdom.

Also for the other Departments involved:
Nathan de Rothschild PC MP
Secretary of State for Commerce

-greater australia-

Message to the government of Western afrika

In the interest of closer ties between our two nations, we wish to help you build a new capital for your nation following your terrible civil war. For the time being, 20 Billion dollars has been set aside for such a project and is subject to changes as time goes by. Once your government is ready to begin work for this new city, please inform ASAP so we may send work crews and material.

Western afrika

Furstia wrote:Minister Dorrego: Of course, you can add that clause to the document if you wish to do so.
Once you have signed, the 50,000 troops of the Furstian People's Army currently in your country will comply with their new orders and support your government.

Aysi Amaechi adds the clauses and then signs the document.

Aysi Amaechi: Thank you. Sincerely.

Orange-Bourgogne wrote:Official correspondence
To: The Council of EFTO (European Free Trade Organisation)
From: Department of State for Commerce, Orange-Bourgogne
Subject: Observer status
Encryption: None

To whom it may concern, Greeting!

The Department of State for Commerce, as well as the other Departments involved, is happy to hear that the application process for Orange-Bourgogne to become an Observer to the EFTO is underway. We are also happy to hear that our request for an Observership is seen as a pleasure.

The question that the EFTO has asked me to answer, I must divide into two parts: first, a more general part on the subject of implementing law coming from an international organisation, secondly, that of specific subjects we have reservations about.

With regards to the first issue, it is the Government's understanding that under the EFTO seeks the United Kingdom to implement its regulations and other binding agreements that come from its Member States. This is a fundamental problem for us: we would like to become an Observer so that we do not have to honour the obligations placed on Member States. We therefore would like to respond with the following question: What would, in the view of yourselves, be the difference between Observers and Member States both have to follow the EFTO rules, except that the former has no representation or explicit rights as such rules come to be?

I will now move on to make more specific reservations. The Government would not like to see Orange-Bourgogne subject to a space where freedom of movement for individuals is guaranteed as of now. We understand that this is a key principle for the EFTO, but Orange-Bourgogne does at this point in time, not think that such a freedom would be beneficial for the United Kingdom.

Also for the other Departments involved:
Nathan de Rothschild PC MP
Secretary of State for Commerce

THE COUNCIL OF THE EUROPEAN FREE TRADE ORGANISATION

To: Nathan de Rothschild PC MP, Department of State for Commerce, Orange-Bourgogne

The Council of the EFTO would wish to thank you for your questions regarding your application for Observer membership to the EFTO. Certainly Observer members will not have representation on the Council but that does mean there is more lee-way with regards to implementing the various chapters and articles within the Convention.

I am sure you will understand however, there are certain points that we would expect any observer state to accept within the Convention. In brief, many of the objectives listed in Chapter I, Article 2 are expected to be adhered to. We understand your governments wishes to abstain from Point C of said Article. The current Delegates will review this request.

One note with regards to Observer membership is that should the Council vote for any changes to the Convention, it will be assumed any Observer state accepts said change unless the state(s) in question inform the Council they wish to abstain from any new legislation. It is also expected Observer states will engage in free trade with any new member states approved by the Council.

So in review, can we assume that the only point Orange-Bourgogne takes exception to is Point C, Article 2, Chapter I of the Convention, including the entirety of Chapter II, Article 3 regarding the provisions for the free movement of persons?

European Free Trade Organisation wrote:THE COUNCIL OF THE EUROPEAN FREE TRADE ORGANISATION

To: Nathan de Rothschild PC MP, Department of State for Commerce, Orange-Bourgogne

The Council of the EFTO would wish to thank you for your questions regarding your application for Observer membership to the EFTO. Certainly Observer members will not have representation on the Council but that does mean there is more lee-way with regards to implementing the various chapters and articles within the Convention.

I am sure you will understand however, there are certain points that we would expect any observer state to accept within the Convention. In brief, many of the objectives listed in Chapter I, Article 2 are expected to be adhered to. We understand your governments wishes to abstain from Point C of said Article. The current Delegates will review this request.

One note with regards to Observer membership is that should the Council vote for any changes to the Convention, it will be assumed any Observer state accepts said change unless the state(s) in question inform the Council they wish to abstain from any new legislation. It is also expected Observer states will engage in free trade with any new member states approved by the Council.

So in review, can we assume that the only point Orange-Bourgogne takes exception to is Point C, Article 2, Chapter I of the Convention, including the entirety of Chapter II, Article 3 regarding the provisions for the free movement of persons?

Official correspondence
To: The Council of EFTO (European Free Trade Organisation)
From: Department of State for Commerce, Orange-Bourgogne
Subject: Observership
Encryption: None

To whom it may concern, Greeting!

On behalf of the Government of Orange-Bourgogne, and all and singular Departments of State involved in this affair thereof, I am able to thank you for explaining a bit more about the observership role we might have in the future. However, I am not able to truthfully say that we are completely assured by the picture you painted in front of us. Please allow me to explain this.

In your latest response, you wrote that Observers have more “leeway with regards to implementing the various chapters and articles [of] the Convention”. We would like to know what this phrase means specifically. Because one is either obliged to implement a certain policy in law or not, so which one of the two is it? Are Observers obliged under the Convention to implement in their legal structure (that is, to make them come into effect; to provide legislation that regulates it) or not, and if so, what makes them different from regular Members, except for the fact that Observers have no representation on the Council? Because it would seem a very bad idea for us to subject ourselves to rules that we then have no say over if they are changed in the future and we have to follow the new rules without representation. It would, in our view, make us a second-grade Member instead of an Observer.

Please allow me to explain how the Government of Orange-Bourgogne views the distinction between regular Member States and Observers when it comes to international organisations. As we understand it, Members, under the Convention, have to implement the regulations adopted by the Council; they must make sure that they are put in effect through legislation. In exchange for that, they have the right to vote and therefore block the said regulations. Observers on the other hand have no right to vote, but can participate in an advisory manner during the debates if so requested. They follow and spectate on what happens and could align their policies with that of the EFTO if they are so willing, yet they are not obliged to do so, because they do not have to implement and follow the regulations of the Organisation as they have no vote on it.

With that said I will move on to the next point you made, which is that Observers must “adhere” to the policies and regulations adopted by the EFTO. Now, if we were opposed to the ideals set out in the Convention, we would not have applied to become an Observer to the Organisation, I may assume that so much is clear. That does not mean, of course, that we will blindly follow any and all policies you adopt and would like to see implemented though, for then we would have applied to become regular and full Members. It is because of our internal political issues that we do not want to become a full Member though yet. Besides that argument, we would also like to await the general directions that the EFTO seeks to move towards, before we decide to either [apply to] join it or to remain but an Observer.

The third paragraph of your latest letter does, to me, not make that much sense. Are you really saying that the EFTO requires Observers, who are not Members, must engage with third countries in the way the EFTO tells them to do? For if that be true, we would like to revoke our application as an Observer. Please do not get me wrong, we do like to be associated with the Organisation, but we will not let you prescribe our policies with third nations, even if they have a special relationship secured for themselves with Members. That, to us, is another thing that ought to distinguish Members from Observers. To put it very blunt, we will not follow the directives put to us by the Council of the EFTO per se. We will follow the legislation passed by Parliament. Now if Parliament is convinced that it is right for us to follow the EFTO on trade matters, we will of course do so. Yet if we do not think it would be a good idea, we will not do so. That is part of the reasons why we apply to become an Observer rather than a regular Member: to have the ability to do just this.

With that in mind, you also asked for a specific subject towards we would have a reservation from implementing it into our national law. I responded by saying that we have a reservation with regards to the freedom of movement [of people]. That remains the case. It is the most important example of reservations we have. So, in such a way, you may conclude indeed that we would like to be exempt from the requirement to adhere to the provisions set out in Chapter I, Article 2, section c and the entirety of Chapter II, Article 3 so far it concerns the said free movement of individuals.

I hope to have been able to explain the view of the Government in greater detail yet also more clearly than before. If not, feel welcome to write to me so I can clear up the viewpoints of the Government even more.

[Signed]

Also for the other Departments involved:
Nathan de Rothschild PC MP
Secretary of State for Commerce

Orange-Bourgogne wrote:Official correspondence
To: The Council of EFTO (European Free Trade Organisation)
From: Department of State for Commerce, Orange-Bourgogne
Subject: Observership
Encryption: None

To whom it may concern, Greeting!

On behalf of the Government of Orange-Bourgogne, and all and singular Departments of State involved in this affair thereof, I am able to thank you for explaining a bit more about the observership role we might have in the future. However, I am not able to truthfully say that we are completely assured by the picture you painted in front of us. Please allow me to explain this.

In your latest response, you wrote that Observers have more “leeway with regards to implementing the various chapters and articles [of] the Convention”. We would like to know what this phrase means specifically. Because one is either obliged to implement a certain policy in law or not, so which one of the two is it? Are Observers obliged under the Convention to implement in their legal structure (that is, to make them come into effect; to provide legislation that regulates it) or not, and if so, what makes them different from regular Members, except for the fact that Observers have no representation on the Council? Because it would seem a very bad idea for us to subject ourselves to rules that we then have no say over if they are changed in the future and we have to follow the new rules without representation. It would, in our view, make us a second-grade Member instead of an Observer.

Please allow me to explain how the Government of Orange-Bourgogne views the distinction between regular Member States and Observers when it comes to international organisations. As we understand it, Members, under the Convention, have to implement the regulations adopted by the Council; they must make sure that they are put in effect through legislation. In exchange for that, they have the right to vote and therefore block the said regulations. Observers on the other hand have no right to vote, but can participate in an advisory manner during the debates if so requested. They follow and spectate on what happens and could align their policies with that of the EFTO if they are so willing, yet they are not obliged to do so, because they do not have to implement and follow the regulations of the Organisation as they have no vote on it.

With that said I will move on to the next point you made, which is that Observers must “adhere” to the policies and regulations adopted by the EFTO. Now, if we were opposed to the ideals set out in the Convention, we would not have applied to become an Observer to the Organisation, I may assume that so much is clear. That does not mean, of course, that we will blindly follow any and all policies you adopt and would like to see implemented though, for then we would have applied to become regular and full Members. It is because of our internal political issues that we do not want to become a full Member though yet. Besides that argument, we would also like to await the general directions that the EFTO seeks to move towards, before we decide to either [apply to] join it or to remain but an Observer.

The third paragraph of your latest letter does, to me, not make that much sense. Are you really saying that the EFTO requires Observers, who are not Members, must engage with third countries in the way the EFTO tells them to do? For if that be true, we would like to revoke our application as an Observer. Please do not get me wrong, we do like to be associated with the Organisation, but we will not let you prescribe our policies with third nations, even if they have a special relationship secured for themselves with Members. That, to us, is another thing that ought to distinguish Members from Observers. To put it very blunt, we will not follow the directives put to us by the Council of the EFTO per se. We will follow the legislation passed by Parliament. Now if Parliament is convinced that it is right for us to follow the EFTO on trade matters, we will of course do so. Yet if we do not think it would be a good idea, we will not do so. That is part of the reasons why we apply to become an Observer rather than a regular Member: to have the ability to do just this.

With that in mind, you also asked for a specific subject towards we would have a reservation from implementing it into our national law. I responded by saying that we have a reservation with regards to the freedom of movement [of people]. That remains the case. It is the most important example of reservations we have. So, in such a way, you may conclude indeed that we would like to be exempt from the requirement to adhere to the provisions set out in Chapter I, Article 2, section c and the entirety of Chapter II, Article 3 so far it concerns the said free movement of individuals.

I hope to have been able to explain the view of the Government in greater detail yet also more clearly than before. If not, feel welcome to write to me so I can clear up the viewpoints of the Government even more.

[Signed]

Also for the other Departments involved:
Nathan de Rothschild PC MP
Secretary of State for Commerce

THE COUNCIL OF THE EUROPEAN FREE TRADE ORGANISATION

To: Nathan de Rothschild PC MP, Department of State for Commerce, Orange-Bourgogne

We the Council of the EFTO wish to address your concerns and we will now address them as follows;

Becoming an Observer member of any organisation, particularly when it comes to free-trade, requires some common rules between the various signatories. There must be rules in order to make sure such arrangements are mutually beneficial. We are quite happy to review your request as an observer to engage with free trade while not aligning with the free movement of people. I feel we made that clear it would be reviewed by the current Delegates of the Council. Of course if your state was applying for full membership it would be required to follow the Convention in full. It is however fully expected that any Observer will align with the principals of free trade with member states, and treat each member state equally with regards to trade. I hope we have made it clear that while Observer status does afford states the right to not sign up to parts of the Convention, the Council takes each Observer application on a case by case basis depending on the wishes of the Observer in question. Hence, we needed to clarify which part of the Convention your nation took exception with.

With regards to your other point, I struggle to see where this insinuation that we would force an Observer state to engage with a third nations or blocs comes from. We specifically stated it would apply to new member states approved by the Council. This does not include third parties the EFTO engages into free trade agreements with. Orange-Bourgogne trade relations outside of the EFTO will be entirely within the remit of your national parliament. Any of your existing trade agreements with non-EFTO nations will also not be affected. So to be really clear, any new Full Member States to the EFTO, we expect all Observer's and trade partners to treat them as they would any other member of the EFTO.

To address what you say when you speak about your parliament only following EFTO directives that it considers a "good idea". The Council similarly will only make agreements based on what is beneficial to the EFTO, its member states, observer states and trade partners. So we find your Office's hostility towards the Council very concerning and quite frankly baffling with regards to threatening to withdrawing your application. We hope the Council and your Parliament, through your appointed representative should your application be approved, will work closely together to engage in any potential new articles on the Convention.

The EFTO does not wish to encroach on your national sovereignty. On the occasion that an article is voted through by the Council and your parliament is not willing to accept, which we hope will be rare, as an observer it will not have to adhere. However whenever an Observer does not align with a new article, their case for Observer status may be reviewed by the Council once more.

«12. . .4,2964,2974,2984,2994,3004,3014,302. . .4,4254,426»

Advertisement