by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Novus Lucidum Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .2,7272,7282,7292,7302,7312,7322,733. . .2,7882,789»

Cauva wrote:What about the violent overthrowing of the upper class?

Cauva wrote:What about the violent overthrowing of the upper class?

Look at this way, if you take away the evil parts of communism, that person could still be a communist, if I take away the evil from a religious person, that person is still a theist.

But if I take away the evil from nazism? Nah, that's not a nazi anymore.

Islonia wrote:Again, religion is only an excuse for committing atrocities, Nazism isn't an excuse, it's the whole purpose behind the actions.

I agree, but despite the means, both have lead to the misguidance and deaths of countless.

We are not arguing Nazism is not bad, we are simply refusing to ban ideologies due our constitution.

Scalesburg and Condaian

Ionalands wrote:Look at this way, if you take away the evil parts of communism, that person could still be a communist, if I take away the evil from a religious person, that person is still a theist.

But if I take away the evil from nazism? Nah, that's not a nazi anymore.

Well, evil is subjective now is it? I could argue the stealing of wealth from the mass by a government is evil. You take that away then its not communsim.

Scalesburg and Condaian

Ionalands wrote:Look at this way, if you take away the evil parts of communism, that person could still be a communist, if I take away the evil from a religious person, that person is still a theist.

But if I take away the evil from nazism? Nah, that's not a nazi anymore.

This isn't an argument if Nazism is evil or not.

But the problem is that you don't want to just stop with the outright condemnation of racism, sexism, homophobia, and anti-Semitism in the region. All of that should be enough to cover any and all beliefs that believe in any of those. That includes Nazism. Meaning that it is banned without having to outright say it by name.

Scalesburg and Condaian

Rilandse wrote:Well, evil is subjective now is it? I could argue the stealing of wealth from the mass by a government is evil. You take that away then its not communsim.

If you want to make that argument then the very existence of taxes is evil.

Krimera wrote:It's not just the Soviets, but also the Chinese, Cambodians, North Koreans, Vietnam, Cuba, Afghanistan, and Ethiopia.

This:

Ionalands wrote:I think you need to talk an honest reflection on why communism and religion are viewed differently.

Nazism is fundamentally evil, religion and communism aren't. You can be a not-evil communist, and you can be a not-evil religious person, but a not-evil nazi? That's not a thing.

And please, again communism is a group of ideologies. It's theories about economics and redistribution of wealth. Evil actions were only side objectives committed by dictatorships in the name of the ideology, while in reality this only was an excuse. You will in no way call Nazism an excuse for the Holocaust.

Rilandse wrote:I agree, but despite the means, both have lead to the misguidance and deaths of countless.

We are not arguing Nazism is not bad, we are simply refusing to ban ideologies due our constitution.

Thank Godsinia someone has logic.

But, in that case, amend your constitution? After all your region is tagged "Anti-Fascist", therefore Fascism and all of its associated ideologies (ie, Nazism) should de facto be banned.

Ionalands wrote:Look at this way, if you take away the evil parts of communism, that person could still be a communist, if I take away the evil from a religious person, that person is still a theist.

But if I take away the evil from nazism? Nah, that's not a nazi anymore.

While racism was incorporated into Nazism it wasn't the only thing they were dead set on. I still see the overthrowing of the upper class as a good example.

Condaian

Islonia wrote:This:
And please, again communism is a group of ideologies. It's theories about economics and redistribution of wealth. Evil actions were only side objectives committed by dictatorships in the name of the ideology, while in reality this only was an excuse. You will in no way call Nazism an excuse for the Holocaust.Thank Godsinia someone has logic.

But, in that case, amend your constitution? After all your region is tagged "Anti-Fascist", therefore Fascism and all of its associated ideologies (ie, Nazism) should de facto be banned.

I opposed the anti-fascist tag considering we dont have the anti-communist tag.

But yes, we have already banned the core elements of Nazism, yet these fiends are not satisfied. Thats this whole argument.

Cauva and Condaian

Rilandse wrote:I opposed the anti-fascist tag considering we dont have the anti-communist tag.

But yes, we have already banned the core elements of Nazism, yet these fiends are not satisfied. Thats this whole argument.

This.

Condaian

Islonia wrote:This:
And please, again communism is a group of ideologies. It's theories about economics and redistribution of wealth. Evil actions were only side objectives committed by dictatorships in the name of the ideology, while in reality this only was an excuse. You will in no way call Nazism an excuse for the Holocaust.Thank Godsinia someone has logic.

But, in that case, amend your constitution? After all your region is tagged "Anti-Fascist", therefore Fascism and all of its associated ideologies (ie, Nazism) should de facto be banned.

The fact that Odin revised the tags of the region was against the rules due to him going against the constitution. Fascism in itself isn't banned from the region and isn't the problem we are talking about right now.

But thank you, I'll be correcting that mistake right now.

New Nationale Einheit and Condaian

Krimera wrote:This isn't an argument if Nazism is evil or not.

But the problem is that you don't want to just stop with the outright condemnation of racism, sexism, homophobia, and anti-Semitism in the region. All of that should be enough to cover any and all beliefs that believe in any of those. That includes Nazism. Meaning that it is banned without having to outright say it by name.

I would like to think there's no debate on whether or not nazism is evil.

I'm fine with what you say honestly, but the absurdist "nazism and communism are the same and if we ban nazism we can ban religion " is extremely oversimplified and just really doesn't make any sense.

Ionalands wrote:If you want to make that argument then the very existence of taxes is evil.

People make that very same argument.

Condaian

Rilandse wrote:People make that very same argument.

Yeah and it's silly.

Taxes aren't evil. Nazism is.

Ionalands wrote:I would like to think there's no debate on whether or not nazism is evil.

I'm fine with what you say honestly, but the absurdist "nazism and communism are the same and if we ban nazism we can ban religion " is extremely oversimplified and just really doesn't make any sense.

The argument we are making is that under Hunzali's move to try and ban Nazism for x,y and z, people can call for the same reason to ban other topics and areas.

Cauva and Condaian

Ionalands wrote:Yeah and it's silly.

Taxes aren't evil. Nazism is.

Ok, you dismissing the argument that Taxes are evil is essentially us refusing to ban nazism because thats silly, considering we've banned the core elements of Nazism and similar ideologies.

Back to this main point: Evil is subjective

Condaian

This the way I see it.

This debate is being very one-sided and opposing sides aren't budging.

Those that aren't going to roleplay, then be my guest. We have condemned racism, sexism, homophobic slurs, etc. in our constitution.

If that isn't enough, then I guess we'll be role-playing without you. You clearly cannot see that if we ban the ideology of anything, which I should remind you is against the constitution by itself, then we must ban all similar ideologies that fall under that umbrella, which will be most-- making this region bland and boring.

Scalesburg wrote:This the way I see it.

This debate is being very one-sided and opposing sides aren't budging.

Those that aren't going to roleplay, then be my guest. We have condemned racism, sexism, homophobic slurs, etc. in our constitution.

If that isn't enough, then I guess we'll be role-playing without you. You clearly cannot see that if we ban the ideology of anything, which I should remind you is against the constitution by itself, then we must ban all similar ideologies that fall under that umbrella, which will be most-- making this region bland and boring.

I guess the roleplay will be bland. Enjoy your region.

Condaian

Ionalands wrote:If you want to make that argument then the very existence of taxes is evil.

I mean they are but thats not important

Hunzali's logic: I'll bring down everyone to get my way.

Good luck getting us to put this in the rules, I.e. the Consitution, which needs a 2/3rds supportive vote

Condaian wrote:I mean they are but thats not important

The base of taxes is the government demands you give them wealth and if you don't men with guns will come to take you to jail or prison.

Condaian

Rilandse wrote:Hunzali's logic: I'll bring down everyone to get my way.

Good luck getting us to put this in the rules, I.e. the Consitution, which needs a 2/3rds supportive vote

Guess we'll lose the exhilarating feel of doing guerilla warfare all the time.

Cauva and Condaian

Condaian

Rilandse wrote:The base of taxes is the government demands you give them wealth and if you don't men with guns will come to take you to jail or prison.

And most of the time we don't benefit from taxes at all. Damn government

Rilandse wrote:Hunzali's logic: I'll bring down everyone to get my way.

Good luck getting us to put this in the rules, I.e. the Consitution, which needs a 2/3rds supportive vote

It really is a bit dumb isn't it.

Condaian

Condaian

Cauva wrote:It really is a bit dumb isn't it.

Extremely

Rilandse wrote:The argument we are making is that under Hunzali's move to try and ban Nazism for x,y and z, people can call for the same reason to ban other topics and areas.

But nazism is not on an equal ground with other ideologies.

Banning nazism is a lot different than banning christianity, or LGBT pride, or even communism.

Again, I don't really have a problem with what Krimera says, but like, y'all are being way too hard on Hunzali.

«12. . .2,7272,7282,7292,7302,7312,7322,733. . .2,7882,789»

Advertisement