by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Novus Lucidum Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .2,8382,8392,8402,8412,8422,8432,844»

Astridhaven and thralling

Odinburgh wrote:I like to ask everyone if we should move to Ursprunopa. I am looking at new ways to integrate our region and becoming more active. One idea is talking to heads of Ursprunopa in how this could be done and if open to the possibility. Our region would remain as a side region such as act administratively. Perhaps like a European Union knockoff organization. Or maybe not quite like that. I see promise in this other region that maybe this could be a new home for us.

I think we should try doing both for now.

It looks like Urnsprunopa is a strict rp region and is a lot less casual than NL. Some people like a more casual region better.

Astridhaven and thralling wrote:I think we should try doing both for now.

It looks like Urnsprunopa is a strict rp region and is a lot less casual than NL. Some people like a more casual region better.

Please keep in mind that strict RP doesn't necessarily mean every post you make must we a long story explaining every detail of what you're doing, for things that don't need much explanation such as establishing an embassy a simple request and acceptance is still in regulation with Ursprunopa's RP rules. Small posts can often be just as intriguing as long posts, small details are just as interesting and in some cases better than long over-drawn posts.

A simple way to improve a persons RP is to include who is responsible in RP for a post you make and including under what authority they can do that. Such as including a foreign affairs ministry under a request for official relations - obviously it's pretty standard and this isn't directed at you but it's a tip for anyone who doesn't currently do that but is looking to make their RP more engaging.

Meanwhile in Easthumbria

Now, this is a story all about höw
Me life got flipped-turned upside döwn
An' I'd like ta take å minute
Just sit right bang
I'll tell you how me became the Jarl o' a town called Kaupang

In west Trondheim börn and raised
O' the playground wäs where I spent most o' me days
Chillin' out maxin' reläxin' åll cool
And all shootin some pistol outside o' tha school
When a couple o' guys whö were up to no good
Started mäking trouble in me neighborhood
I got in one messy fight and me mom got damned
She said 'Yer movin' with yer åuntie an' uncle in Kaupang'

Mondays at 9: The Jarl o' Kaupang.

Odinburgh: We got a bit o' problem with that spelling software yea sold us. Tha darn thing doesn't work a' all fer sume reason. Me can't understand why.

Odinburgh wrote:Prime Minister Tannenbay wishes to discuss detail of enhancing relations through formation of the first ever trade federation to expand gambling tech and such opportunities to manipulate the trade market for gain with Straona.

OOC:Crap this is on me, been dealing with studying for High School finals I forgot. We could try to discuss more on Wednesday because that’s when my finals end

Neo Vikings of Easthumbria wrote:Meanwhile in Easthumbria

Now, this is a story all about höw
Me life got flipped-turned upside döwn
An' I'd like ta take å minute
Just sit right bang
I'll tell you how me became the Jarl o' a town called Kaupang

In west Trondheim börn and raised
O' the playground wäs where I spent most o' me days
Chillin' out maxin' reläxin' åll cool
And all shootin some pistol outside o' tha school
When a couple o' guys whö were up to no good
Started mäking trouble in me neighborhood
I got in one messy fight and me mom got damned
She said 'Yer movin' with yer åuntie an' uncle in Kaupang'

Mondays at 9: The Jarl o' Kaupang.

Odinburgh: We got a bit o' problem with that spelling software yea sold us. Tha darn thing doesn't work a' all fer sume reason. Me can't understand why.

Trust me it works. What's the problem?

Odinburgh wrote:Trust me it works. What's the problem?

It be mäking red lines unde' möst o' whåt me writes. Lööks strange, tötal mystery.

Neo Vikings of Easthumbria wrote:It be mäking red lines unde' möst o' whåt me writes. Lööks strange, tötal mystery.

Strange. Must be something wrong with the download or computer your using. Maybe incompatible even so.

Odinburgh wrote:Strange. Must be something wrong with the download or computer your using. Maybe incompatible even so.

Aye. When me press "Spellcheck" it screams, sumetimes it be bluescreening or it makes me sound äll foreign. Me would put me cömputer mate on it, but he be in tha hospital åfter I keelhauled 'im last week fer laughs. Weak constitution or sumethin', it be hard to find guud henchmens.

Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion be only for Allah!

Okay, what is happening? Heard about a potential moving?

Straona wrote:Okay, what is happening? Heard about a potential moving?

Two members in the region decided to make another region and have advertised themselves here, a place where WA isn't required and it's hardcore roleplay.

It's just moving the forums to a region in my eyes. Nothing spectacular.

Neo Vikings of Easthumbria wrote:Aye. When me press "Spellcheck" it screams, sumetimes it be bluescreening or it makes me sound äll foreign. Me would put me cömputer mate on it, but he be in tha hospital åfter I keelhauled 'im last week fer laughs. Weak constitution or sumethin', it be hard to find guud henchmens.

You need to send in for repairs which will cost a couple hundred or you can buy a whole new computer for less the repair cost. Those be the choices.

Scalesburg wrote:Two members in the region decided to make another region and have advertised themselves here, a place where WA isn't required and it's hardcore roleplay.

It's just moving the forums to a region in my eyes. Nothing spectacular.

In my opinion it's a nice mix of this region and another region we joined, the roleplay here isn't that consistent and usually yeah it's a bit casual. I wouldn't say it's a "hardcore" roleplay region since if you call that hardcore then I wonder what you'd call the regions with posts averaging 15+ lines of pure text per post. I would say it's valid criticism to say that the forum here has seen better days, it feels like most posts don't belong there and even the ones that do don't last very long. RMB is nice because it's like a stream of constant updates instead of slogging through multiple categories and threads to find that one guy responded with a single quote or something.

You're right in saying it isn't spectacular but neither is NL, I would say this region is more alike to The Wolf Clan or the pacifics more than a mainly roleplay region and I don't think I really need to say this but I'm mainly here for the RP. Besides progress has been slow as hell here, the last thing you mentioned you were doing is something about skill points but you've gone into zero detail so far about what you've come up with - if you even have come up with anything.

Astridhaven and thralling

Scalesburg wrote:Two members in the region decided to make another region and have advertised themselves here, a place where WA isn't required and it's hardcore roleplay.

It's just moving the forums to a region in my eyes. Nothing spectacular.

The region shows some promise imo. But we shall see.

I just want somewhere to rp again, and even though I like this regions casual approach, no one here sans like 2 people seem all that interested in roleplay. Maybe you should try to kickstart some sort of rp and maybe people will become interested in NL again.

Well we could let Cuava be a second manager and see what improvements can be done here.

Odinburgh wrote:Well we could let Cuava be a second manager and see what improvements can be done here.

I'm not sure how the inner workings of NL function, but I would assume that would only be possible if there was either a vote for governor/ltgov and all proposals I make are also voted on. It sounds like a lot of work drafting up proposals and having to go through the process of having them voted on and I don't really want to be the guy to completely change the way the region is governed.

Ignoring the democracy problem, since I'm already the Minister of Infrastructure here, the Minister of Infrastructure (technically but it's not called that)/co-founder with a few extra responsibilities in Ursprunopa and have my feet dabbled slightly in another region I don't really also want to spend my remaining time reforming Novus Lucidum. Besides a few suggestions I have for non-economic/war related things, I think one of the biggest concerns for this region right now is the lack of progress from the economics minister Scalesburg. I think he's decent at it, but either he isn't all that bothered or he doesn't have the time needed resulting in whatever he's doing taking a sluggish amount of time to get worked on. I don't know how long it has been since he was elected but I know it wasn't that recently, so if nothing continues to happen on that front I would suggest a reelection however I don't think there's literally anyone else here who wants or can do it.

Greater jes new islands

Finals week be out here killing me!
I want to RP with you instead of dying

Cauva wrote:I'm not sure how the inner workings of NL function, but I would assume that would only be possible if there was either a vote for governor/ltgov and all proposals I make are also voted on. It sounds like a lot of work drafting up proposals and having to go through the process of having them voted on and I don't really want to be the guy to completely change the way the region is governed.

Ignoring the democracy problem, since I'm already the Minister of Infrastructure here, the Minister of Infrastructure (technically but it's not called that)/co-founder with a few extra responsibilities in Ursprunopa and have my feet dabbled slightly in another region I don't really also want to spend my remaining time reforming Novus Lucidum. Besides a few suggestions I have for non-economic/war related things, I think one of the biggest concerns for this region right now is the lack of progress from the economics minister Scalesburg. I think he's decent at it, but either he isn't all that bothered or he doesn't have the time needed resulting in whatever he's doing taking a sluggish amount of time to get worked on. I don't know how long it has been since he was elected but I know it wasn't that recently, so if nothing continues to happen on that front I would suggest a reelection however I don't think there's literally anyone else here who wants or can do it.

Fair enough. I am impressed by the authentication by auto bot thing via discord of the authentication of your ns nation. Which more or a less a discord thing.

Greater jes new islands

https://youtu.be/qEfPBt9dU60
Emperor Atari: What a wonderful idea!

Odinburgh wrote:Fair enough. I am impressed by the authentication by auto bot thing via discord of the authentication of your ns nation. Which more or a less a discord thing.

It's actually pretty useful, on top of authenticating your NS account and giving you roles based on residency it also has a few minor features. It's way better than a manual role request channel, less work to do.

GREAT DAY! 👍

Greater jes new islands wrote:https://youtu.be/qEfPBt9dU60
Emperor Atari: What a wonderful idea!

Then you should meet my alt nation Taikradia. They are so dying to meet you in the other rp region.

Greater jes new islands

Greater jes new islands

Odinburgh wrote:Then you should meet my alt nation Taikradia. They are so dying to meet you in the other rp region.

Is this a jesia bootleg

Greater jes new islands wrote:Is this a jesia bootleg

Sort of but we worship a Japanese cobra god named Taik.

Greater jes new islands

Greater jes new islands

Odinburgh wrote:Sort of but we worship a Japanese cobra god named Taik.

NANI!?
The true God is Akira! Let me speak to this nation!

«12. . .2,8382,8392,8402,8412,8422,8432,844»

Advertisement