by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Republic of Conservative Nations Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .66676869707172. . .136137»

So incredibly close

FIRST! Nice

Viridus wrote:

So... Fox news are part of the propagandists?

Blueflarst wrote:Why you did that

Are you referring to the first time, or the second? The second was simply because he moved another nation in here, when he was already banned.

First time:

Fluvannia wrote:In accordance with Article I, Section III of the interim RCN Constitution as well as the moderation powers granted to the Interim Presidency by the Reformation Act, and in light of the fact that his main nation, Doge Republics, was found to be the primary agent in last year's destruction of our predecessor's (the Federation of Conservative Nations') original Discord server, I have today taken the step of ejecting and banning East doge republics from the Republic of Conservative Nations and its Discord server. As two of Doge Republics' puppet nations have now been banned from this region, I would hope it is clear to him that his past actions have rendered his presence undesirable here. Successive attempts by Doge Republics to circumvent this ban will be treated as both spam attempts under any applicable RCN law, as well as pursued as violations of NationStates rules.

Sainoland wrote:Anyway bye my fave thotties I wish you all the best summer cause uh, my mobile data boutta end owo
Stay safe guys

Bye

Otira wrote:So... Fox news are part of the propagandists?

Viridus wrote:Thatís what the propagandists want you to think

Viridus wrote:Thatís what the propagandists want you to think

I see...

Hey guys. Iím not really sure to start, but this has been in my mind for awhile and I feeling certain events in recent days has unfortunately led us to where we are now. First off, I'm going to stop copying Gagium's speech from when he left the FCN (page=rmb/postid=38415471 if you want to read it). Mine won't be as good as his, but here I go. I've been with the RCN for nearly three years, before it was even the RCN, before the FCN which preceded it. I joined the Confederacy of Conservative Nations during the second N day in August 2017(Really? That long ago? I'm getting old.), and would later join the FCN as the CCN fell apart. I stayed with the community through its ups and downs, had many good and some not as good memories, through three different regions, seeing people come and go, and learning a lot.

I could go into great detail about the history of FCN-LCN relations from what I witnessed first hand, but that's boring so I will go straight to the fall of the FCN and creation of the RCN. Arguments plagued both regions since a few FCNers spammed the LCN RMB, and after tensions were not easing, then president New Gandor attempted to fix this with an executive order which would close embassies and ban LCNers from the FCN. If anything, this made tensions worse, which flared up with every banning or other incident involving the LCN, and during every election cycle.

This once again was the case when San Carlos Islands left for the LCN. He was someone who was with the FCN since not long after the FCN was created, and while he was controversial, the region voted overwhelmingly to forgive him in mid 2019, then overwhelmingly voted to confirm him to multiple positions in government. This was until he joined the LCN. Gagium put it best, saying the FCN turned their backs on him almost immediately for seemingly no other reason. His racist jokes and other controversial opinions were cited as a reason, even though he said those long before he joined the LCN, before he was even overwhelmingly confirmed to multiple offices.

#freesci
SCI Lives Matter
Hands up, don't ban

I spoke with Quebecshire after San Carlos Islands was banned about the law, and how ridiculous this all was. During the conversation, he said that the LCN allows anyone to join freely, while the FCN bans people for being in the wrong region, and yet the FCN wonders why people leave for the LCN, a statement which I agreed with. I asked him for an invite and joined the server. Gagium followed shortly after. The Legion of Mankind and Washingtonian Republic were already there, and have been for a while, and Dragons of Power joined us soon after as well. We at first only hung out in the server, being united in being FCNers who disagreed with that law. But soon we showed ourselves to the FCN, where the region turned on all of us. I will not go into the details here, however, Gagium, the founder, a two and a third term president, was forced out of the region and community he helped create. He said he hoped to not only remain on good terms with the community, but stay in it, and never let the FCN fall to raiders, but the RCN was created instead and he was denied an invite to the discord.

Despite all of that, I, like Gagium, also wished to stay with the RCN, and while me coexisting peacefully in both regions was opposed by several RCNers, I was let in. This deserves a special mention as well. I streamed the senate debate as the FCN was falling apart to the LCN over voice chat. Whether that was right or wrong is not something I will go into, but New Waldensia did later say I did not break any law, while disagreeing with what I did strongly. This resulted in a case being brought up against me by Holy Rhinish Islands. The three justices were, Viridus, Holy Rhinish Islands, and Logon, one of whom brought up the case, two of whom I am confident dislike the LCN, and three of whom I am confident dislike me. I said all justices must recuse themselves, but only Viridus did. The ruling, released the next day, banned me from the FCN and any successor regions, but did not site any law I broke or how. Logon later tried removing me from the RCN discord multiple times. Two months later, they still could not let that go. New Waldensia wanted to appoint me as minister of justice and security, but the three of them voted against, and so did West Phoenicia, who was attorney general of the FCN, and only wanted me to have a ban of holding office for two weeks. I was nominated two months after this. This was also in a region which was founded on the idea of a clean slate. Some slates are cleaner than others, I guess.

That ruling was also ironic, as Logon and Viridus were at the time part of a group chat to form a new region and kill the FCN, which began a week before any LCN things happened. Viridus told his plan to Dragons of Power, that he wanted to kill the FCN and leave the people he did not like behind, including me and Gagium. The next day he stabbed Dragons of Power in the back, hoping he too would not join the RCN.

The FCN could also not let go of the LCN two months later. West Phoenicia and Dragons of Power had a debate involving the LCN yesterday in the assembly chambers. I will get back to this later, but West Phoenicia mentioned how Gagium and I only seemed to want to repeal the LCN law since San Carlos Islands got banned. "Different rules for different people", he said. Even though this was an opinion I held since that October following the banning of Vens Verbum. And of course we cared only when San Carlos Islands was banned, because no one before him was banned for months. Also, while the FCN banned every LCNer, the FCN had a database of LCNers that were allowed. Knat, the head diplomat at the time, would have been in charge of managing it when San Carlos Islands was banned and when the FCN fell. He instead used it to get rid of people he disliked. The Legion of Mankind and Dragons of Power were let in, but he explicitly stated that he wanted me, Gagium, and San Carlos Islands gone from the FCN. Sounds like he wanted different rules for different people.

Back to West Phoenicia. I called him out on both of those, in a message I asked Dragons of Power to forward. West Phoenicia, rather than respond with a good faith debate, called me an "entitled liberal boy", because I wanted to move to a different country. Something which millions if not tens of millions of people do every year. What about liking another country makes me entitled? Viridus was online too, and simply clowned Dragons of Power's messages while dabbing to West Phoenicia's, instead of contributing to the discussion. He does this all the time and probably thinks he is clever. It's not, it's immature.

My point with all of this was to explain how when it comes to the LCN, the RCN stabs its members in the back and can not have a good faith debate. But my breaking point happened later that day. The FCN was planning on merging with another region called the ACS, creating the ACN. I decided when it was announced to not join. I could not on good conscience. This was simply tarnishing the legacy of not only Gagium, but CCN1 founder Ding dong state, all to gain an extra ten active members while likely losing many from NS.

Quebecshire and San Carlos Islands both joined the RCN discord. San Carlos Islands was kicked for supposedly breaking the rules, after some words on the server which I would hardly describe as doing so. He rejoined that night. The RCN discord, for context, has a guest role for any non members. Not long after San Carlos Islands joined, a new role, called visitor, was created, and given to both him and Quebecshire. This role was not able to see any channel other than a new one created for them, which no member can see. They have effectively banned any person, unless he is from an "allied region", from the server. At the same time, a law was being voted on that said rules were enforced stricter for foreigners. Same rules enforced "stricter" sounds like a convenient way to ban people the mods don't like.

#freesci
LCN Lives Matter
Hands up, don't ban

After all this betrayals and hostility towards members of the LCN, I on good conscience can not remain in the region. I feel bad, as there are many good people(In no particular order, Attancia, Tesyky, New Waldensia, Baconstate, Eldrado, The Rouge Christmas State, Mietkael, Frollocracy, and even Fluvannia) and I as mentioned had many good memories from the community. But I do have my limits. I will miss many of you and hope I can still remain in contact. I also hope to hang around in the server, returning to my pre late 2018 state of popping in to check it out.

P.S. I revoke my permission for the RCN, or anyone else, to continue using the map I have created for the roleplay. I will take anti-plagiarism measures.

#freesci

Durba-Stobe wrote:[snip]

There's a lot in here I do need to eventually respond to, but for now let me just say that I respect you, your history with our region, and hope that we can all remain on friendly terms in the future.

So the gist of that long message was that he is leaving thus any and all permission to continue using his roleplaying map is strictly denied. Failure to comply will result in legal prosecution.

you really think that the reason WP, Viridus, Logon, and I voted nay is because you livestreamed a senate debate to an (at the time) hostile region?

like unironically?

The conservative states of new america

Right to Life

Holy Rhinish Islands wrote:you really think that the reason WP, Viridus, Logon, and I voted nay is because you livestreamed a senate debate to an (at the time) hostile region?

like unironically?

how was the LCN remotely "hostile" in may of 2020

The conservative states of new america wrote:how was the LCN remotely "hostile" in may of 2020

my apologies, hostile was the wrong word, I meant something closer to being enemies (at the time legally), also *april of 2020

Durba-Stobe wrote:Gagium put it best, saying the FCN turned their backs on him almost immediately for seemingly no other reason. His racist jokes and other controversial opinions were cited as a reason

No, we got pissed at Gagium because he broke the server rules and used his powers as server owner to purge any evidence, and proceeded to gloat about how he could get away with stuff.

Durba-Stobe wrote:#freesci
SCI Lives Matter
Hands up, don't ban

SCI is not banned.

Durba-Stobe wrote:I spoke with Quebecshire after San Carlos Islands was banned about the law, and how ridiculous this all was. During the conversation, he said that the LCN allows anyone to join freely, while the FCN bans people for being in the wrong region, and yet the FCN wonders why people leave for the LCN, a statement which I agreed with. I asked him for an invite and joined the server. Gagium followed shortly after. The Legion of Mankind and Washingtonian Republic were already there, and have been for a while, and Dragons of Power joined us soon after as well. We at first only hung out in the server, being united in being FCNers who disagreed with that law. But soon we showed ourselves to the FCN, where the region turned on all of us.

"Turned on us" you mean the bill that was up for a vote to repeal the prohibition on being in the LCN server? The bill that would've passed if some folks didn't bolt the server, and thus discount their votes?

Durba-Stobe wrote: I will not go into the details here, however, Gagium, the founder, a two and a third term president, was forced out of the region and community he helped create. He said he hoped to not only remain on good terms with the community, but stay in it, and never let the FCN fall to raiders, but the RCN was created instead and he was denied an invite to the discord.

He was not forced out, he literally left on his own. We were voting on a bill that would've allowed contact with the LCN, but he ran and the votes shifted with it, otherwise it would have passed.

Durba-Stobe wrote:New Waldensia did later say I did not break any law, while disagreeing with what I did strongly. This resulted in a case being brought up against me by Holy Rhinish Islands. The three justices were, Viridus, Holy Rhinish Islands, and Logon, one of whom brought up the case, two of whom I am confident dislike the LCN, and three of whom I am confident dislike me. I said all justices must recuse themselves, but only Viridus did. The ruling, released the next day, banned me from the FCN and any successor regions, but did not site any law I broke or how.

Furby for God's sake you can't ask an entire court to recuse themselves.

Durba-Stobe wrote:Logon later tried removing me from the RCN discord multiple times.

How? I don't have moderator powers.

Durba-Stobe wrote:Two months later, they still could not let that go.

Nah Furby, you acted like a child that entire two months. That's why we don't like you. I'm pretty over the streaming the Senate thing.

Durba-Stobe wrote:New Waldensia wanted to appoint me as minister of justice and security, but the three of them voted against, and so did West Phoenicia, who was attorney general of the FCN, and only wanted me to have a ban of holding office for two weeks. I was nominated two months after this.

You previously showed that you could not be mature and streamed what was supposed to be private debate, and we're all fairly sure you leaked news of the ACS merger. Viridus and I agreed you could not be trusted with the Cabinet room, and so voted against. Others clearly thought the same.

Durba-Stobe wrote:This was also in a region which was founded on the idea of a clean slate. Some slates are cleaner than others, I guess.

You did have a clean slate. A legal clean slate. But knowing your character and the way you have conducted yourself the last two months, we did not think you should have a position of power.

Durba-Stobe wrote:That ruling was also ironic, as Logon and Viridus were at the time part of a group chat to form a new region and kill the FCN, which began a week before any LCN things happened.

Yes, that chat happened because of the whole Gagium-Clearing-Evidence-Of-Wrongdoing thing. I didn't know that wanting to found a new region was illegal!

Durba-Stobe wrote: Viridus told his plan to Dragons of Power, that he wanted to kill the FCN and leave the people he did not like behind, including me and Gagium. The next day he stabbed Dragons of Power in the back, hoping he too would not join the RCN.

Viridus has not expressed any hostility to Dragon that I know of, and to be fair, not wanting someone who acts like a child (you), or breaks rules and covers it up (Gagium) is pretty fair.

Durba-Stobe wrote:The FCN could also not let go of the LCN two months later.

We were pretty fine until Quebec and SCI came into the server to stir things up. Kinda on them here.

Durba-Stobe wrote: West Phoenicia and Dragons of Power had a debate involving the LCN yesterday in the assembly chambers. I will get back to this later, but West Phoenicia mentioned how Gagium and I only seemed to want to repeal the LCN law since San Carlos Islands got banned. "Different rules for different people", he said. Even though this was an opinion I held since that October following the banning of Vens Verbum. And of course we cared only when San Carlos Islands was banned, because no one before him was banned for months. Also, while the FCN banned every LCNer, the FCN had a database of LCNers that were allowed. Knat, the head diplomat at the time, would have been in charge of managing it when San Carlos Islands was banned and when the FCN fell. He instead used it to get rid of people he disliked.

Total strawman, Knat simply did not add SCI to the database. That's not getting rid of people he disliked, that's just not thinking SCI belonged on the database.

Durba-Stobe wrote:The Legion of Mankind and Dragons of Power were let in, but he explicitly stated that he wanted me, Gagium, and San Carlos Islands gone from the FCN. Sounds like he wanted different rules for different people.

Once again: Totally his prerogative. Dragons and Legion conducted themselves well most of the time, Gagium, you, and SCI did not.

Durba-Stobe wrote:Back to West Phoenicia. I called him out on both of those, in a message I asked Dragons of Power to forward. West Phoenicia, rather than respond with a good faith debate, called me an "entitled liberal boy", because I wanted to move to a different country. Something which millions if not tens of millions of people do every year. What about liking another country makes me entitled?

Because literally that's ALL you talk about. It gets annoying.

Durba-Stobe wrote:Viridus was online too, and simply clowned Dragons of Power's messages while dabbing to West Phoenicia's, instead of contributing to the discussion. He does this all the time and probably thinks he is clever. It's not, it's immature.

You clown all the time. This is literally something you do the entire time.

Durba-Stobe wrote:My point with all of this was to explain how when it comes to the LCN, the RCN stabs its members in the back and can not have a good faith debate. But my breaking point happened later that day. The FCN was planning on merging with another region called the ACS, creating the ACN. I decided when it was announced to not join. I could not on good conscience. This was simply tarnishing the legacy of not only Gagium, but CCN1 founder Ding dong state, all to gain an extra ten active members while likely losing many from NS.

Oh no! We aren't worried about Gagium's legacy! We are traitors!/s

Durba-Stobe wrote:Quebecshire and San Carlos Islands both joined the RCN discord. San Carlos Islands was kicked for supposedly breaking the rules, after some words on the server which I would hardly describe as doing so.

He literally broke the rules, and was explained them. Stop complaining about being held accountable.

Durba-Stobe wrote:He rejoined that night. The RCN discord, for context, has a guest role for any non members. Not long after San Carlos Islands joined, a new role, called visitor, was created, and given to both him and Quebecshire. This role was not able to see any channel other than a new one created for them, which no member can see. They have effectively banned any person, unless he is from an "allied region", from the server. At the same time, a law was being voted on that said rules were enforced stricter for foreigners. Same rules enforced "stricter" sounds like a convenient way to ban people the mods don't like.

Obviously, our Constitution gives greater protections to citizens, that's only fair. And perhaps if the LCNers conducted themselves in a more mature way, they would have been considered "friendly" like the RTLers or ACSers, who don't come into our server, insult everyone, and hurl racial slurs around.

Durba-Stobe wrote:#freesci
LCN Lives Matter
Hands up, don't ban

Still not banned.

Durba-Stobe wrote:After all this betrayals and hostility towards members of the LCN, I on good conscience can not remain in the region. I feel bad, as there are many good people(In no particular order, Attancia, Tesyky, New Waldensia, Baconstate, Eldrado, The Rouge Christmas State, Mietkael, Frollocracy, and even Fluvannia) and I as mentioned had many good memories from the community. But I do have my limits. I will miss many of you and hope I can still remain in contact. I also hope to hang around in the server, returning to my pre late 2018 state of popping in to check it out.

Good. Leave.

Durba-Stobe wrote:P.S. I revoke my permission for the RCN, or anyone else, to continue using the map I have created for the roleplay. I will take anti-plagiarism measures.

Well, you posted it on the internet and never copyrighted it, so I'm fairly sure it's public domain. Sorry not sorry.

Durba-Stobe wrote:#freesci

Still isn't banned.

The conservative states of new america

Right to Life

Holy Rhinish Islands wrote:my apologies, hostile was the wrong word, I meant something closer to being enemies (at the time legally), also *april of 2020

we had literally nothing to do with you officially whatsoever after january 2020

the enemy feeling is super one sided and its that obsessive behavior that screwed the fcn over

The conservative states of new america wrote:we had literally nothing to do with you officially whatsoever after january 2020

the enemy feeling is super one sided and its that obsessive behavior that screwed the fcn over

thus the appendage of (legally)

The conservative states of new america

Right to Life

Logon wrote:
We were pretty fine until Quebec and SCI came into the server to stir things up. Kinda on them here.

Obviously, our Constitution gives greater protections to citizens, that's only fair. And perhaps if the LCNers conducted themselves in a more mature way, they would have been considered "friendly" like the RTLers or ACSers, who don't come into our server, insult everyone, and hurl racial slurs around.

What did I do exactly? A goose gif? No worse memeing than your own residents. I've been rather cordial with Fluv especially lately, who are you to lecture me on maturity, Loggie? Who did I use a slur to or unironically insult?

The conservative states of new america

Right to Life

Logon wrote:
Well, you posted it on the internet and never copyrighted it, so I'm fairly sure it's public domain. Sorry not sorry.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/683476414967578626/731682660312940584/unknown.png

The conservative states of new america wrote:https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/683476414967578626/731682660312940584/unknown.png

He's posted it outside of NS though...

The conservative states of new america

Right to Life

Holy Rhinish Islands wrote:thus the appendage of (legally)

What legal document declared the regions to be enemies

The conservative states of new america wrote:What legal document declared the regions to be enemies

An executive order.

The conservative states of new america

Right to Life

Logon wrote:He's posted it outside of NS though...

It's his original work, it says that posting it publicly doesn't rescind his ownership... You're free to take your chances, which of course, require you to steal his work regardless of whether you're punished or not, which is low

The conservative states of new america

Right to Life

Logon wrote:An executive order.

Do you even know the text of the order you're whining about

It did not include an enemies declaration or whatever you think it did

The conservative states of new america wrote:It's his original work, it says that posting it publicly doesn't rescind his ownership... You're free to take your chances, which of course, require you to steal his work regardless of whether you're punished or not, which is low

Right, on NS.

You know what else is low? Acting like a child and coming onto someone else's server to stir things up.

Logon wrote:Well, you posted it on the internet and never copyrighted it, so I'm fairly sure it's public domain. Sorry not sorry.

I'm not quite sure of how public domain law works, and a quick read on the internet tells me that my gut is right:

In the United States, federal copyrights begin automatically when a protected work becomes fixed in a tangible form, such as a book or a picture. This right also applies to works saved on computer disks and hard drives as well as on film or tape. Many Internet users unintentionally violate copyright laws on the internet, owing to a mistaken assumption that any work not labeled with a copyright is not protected. Thus, they believe they can use, post, copy or reproduce anything found on the Internet.

The conservative states of new america, Viridus, Durba-Stobe, and Attancia

«12. . .66676869707172. . .136137»

Advertisement