ELECTORAL COMMISSION Update:
Hi everyone here is your update from the EC:
- There is a majority in the confirmation vote, so I will have the honor of serving Thaeica as our next Electoral Commissioner.
- Since the previous EC has left the region he has kindly given me access to all of the commission documents, which is commendable.
- That being said, it has been decided that we are going to discard the old voter registration codes and make new ones because the old codes can still be accessed by the previous EC, who is now outside of Thaecia's control. This isn't ideal, but for the security of our elections, necessary (see below for more).
- Additionally, for the sake of voter privacy and election security, I have created a new Gmail account with a password only I know that will be used to hold classified electoral information. This way there is absolutely no chance that anyone (outside of the EC and people verifying the results, the President,) could invalidate, tamper, or even see with the raw results.
- I have a draft of the full Congressional Snap Election schedule ready which should be finalized and released later today (around 3:00 pm EST/8:00 pm BST. A new factbook for the Electoral Commission with our new logo will also come out today.
- The Candidate Declaration Period for the Congressional Snap election will begin at 5:00 pm EST/10:00 pm GMT today.
HERE IS A LINK TO CREATE YOUR NEW 2020 VOTING CODE (aka registering to vote)*: https://forms.gle/J1rWbjnZ1bza1VGs6
(I will also send it in a telegram when I have that capability granted) *registering to vote is the process by which you create a voting code to be used to verify your identification and validate your vote. Not being registered doesn't disqualify you from being able to vote, it just makes the process a bit harder.
As always, if you have any questions, please ask!
The Campaign Declaration Period for the Congressional Snap Election of January 2020 is now open! Available are 3 vacant Senate seats and 5 empty House seats. Please notify me if you are interested in running.
Here is the link to the election's schedule (which is ofc tentative to change): https://tinyurl.com/2020Thaeciaschedule
I’m resign out of this election, as accounted for the 3 seats, I just deem it easier to become a minister with no position before hand than to be a senator for a couple of days than having being confirmed and having to resign again. I know the risk of me not even getting the Ministry, but I’m willing to take the risk. (In making the EC’s job easier basically)
Correct. This will only be an election for open seats.
Since the election section of the Constitution says, "Should a Congressperson be recalled or resign, a Snap Election shall be held to fill the vacant seat" this election will only be done to fill those seats, and will not be an election to determine the fate of the other sitting congresspeople who will retain their seats. (we will get to do a general soon enough so it makes more sense to make this one efficient and simple)
Is it just me who finds the democratic institutions of the Auctoritan Commonwealth weird?
Their head of government apparently wasn't elected either directly by the people or to become a "deputati" (equivalent to MP in thaecia), he just founded the region and got the position for himself, and now their council or whatever are just voting confidence on him with no debate or any of that.
I just find it weird that this is supposed to be the "successor to thaecia democracy", because the democratic institutions of that region appear to be rather flawed.
Seems very heavily structured towards the executive rather than a more even split between the different branches, based on a quick look through their constitution. Credit where credit is due though, a fascist nation was prevented from being on the ballot for their legislature.
I’m beginning work on the Mean Nations musical today! It will be based off of the events of the past few weeks and also, obviously, the events of Mean Girls. I’ve decided to announce a few of the castings in advance of it’s release. Here goes nothing:
lmao, good one Cerd.
Remember in the Second Constitutional Convention, y'all called me crazy when I refused to allow Ontario to scrap and rewrite our entire constitution and keep it on a google form draft of the constitution which he could edit at any time? I really was out of my mind back then.
I mean having more then one constitutional convention is a pretty dumb idea, everything takes ages and it's a lot more stressful.