CENTRAL INFORMATION SERVICE
NATIONAL INSIGHT - WORLDWIDE COVERAGE
2020 - July - 06
| DOMESTIC |
NEW ARCHON ELECTED
Telemanthys Gorgosios Lenaleos has been inaugurated this Ephyralia to the office of the Archon, replacing the outgoing Archon, Lykos Likinios Laerthos, during the offical ceremony.
- In a speech to gathered crowds at the foot of the temple of Ashrykos, the new Archon proclaimed that he and Laerthos saw "eye to eye" on the necessitates of preserving Ephyra's integrity against internal disruptions, such as the Selian Suffrage Shift and the recently ended insurrection. Many have now surmised a similar style of administration, with emphasis on the protection of the citizens and the ensuring of internal safety and peace.
Nordamy and Allyrije
They are brought in for high tense situations
Free Mexico News
We are here just outside of the Panama Canal Zone. As you can see the situation continues to mount with more troops from both sides arriving
*pans to ATCO troops standing guard. One shields his face*
They don't wish to be filmed. Wonder why?
*pans to Mexican troops, many masked*
This has become by the far the most tense staring contest this side of the canal. Normally many would be celebrating Mardi Gras but, are here. In true Mexican spirit, Mardi Gras will still happen and some soldiers here are going to have a little celebration.
*goes to a sergeant in a Mardi Gras mask*
What's the situation like?
Do you have hope this will be settled?
"I hope so, no one really wants to be here. I'm sure they don't want to be here either"
Has there been any skirmishes
Are they invited to Mardi Gras?
"Everyone is invited of course. I don't think we'll have a big turnout from the Americans, their loss"
*he cups his hands and screams over to the ATCO troops*
"My invitation still stands, you can freely come over and celebrate Mardi Gras"
Salutations. Alright if I station this puppet here?
The Office of Foreign Affairs
We wish you the best,
Officer of Foreign Affairs,
The Coalition of Democratic Nations
The Howlian Times: International Edition
After an unsuccessful first attempt at abolishing slavery in Nuak, a new version has been passed successfully by a majority of the Nuakian electorate. The new amendment named "The Indentured Service Action Amendment" sets new regulations for Indentured Servants of the Kingdom, establishing basic rights and protections under the Constitution. The new offices of "Indentured Service Registration and Validation" under the authority of the Diplomatic Branch and the office of "Indentured Service Regulation and Protections" under the authority of the Treasury Branch. It is unknown how this will affect the kingdom going into the future
Free Mexico News
Live From Veracruz
The ports around Veracruz have been fortified with both sides pointing guns at each other. We can see that there is a rally from Citizens United taking place near a Washingtonian checkpoint. The crowd is singing the anthem. You can see them with the national and the protest flag of the movement. The text reads "Death To Those Who Stand In The Way Of Freedom To Workers". The movement based the flag on the Makhno movement and added the yellow star on the hoise side. In true fashion the Washington troops have just stared them down with guns pointed. Many people in the movement were dock workers but, have been blocked from working with this occupation by ATCO.
*goes to a protester*
What are your thoughts on the government declaring a state of emergency?
"It's not ideal. I can understand why because well, look in front of you. These....Tyrants....akin to the old regime have come in thinking they own the place! WE ARE IDLE NO MORE! DEATH TO THOSE WHO STAND IN THE WAY OF FREEDOM TO WORKERS!"
Do you think war will break out?
"If it does, please be quick, I want to go back to work"
Do you think something will be reached at the negotiations?
"As long as Washington isn't there, yes. I have confidence Mexico and Ascoobis will reach something."
Free Mexico News
Flooding To Hit Canal
A storm system originating in the Caribbean is expected to hit the Canal Zone this evening and all day tomorrow. With the standoff in the area, the situation can become hazardous. Low lying areas are expected to flood. All Mexican troops are to remain deployed but are advised to move to higher ground.
Church To Include Folk Practices
The Evangelical Lutheran Church has voted to include the folk practices of Voodoo, Santeria and Santa Muerte worship into its practices. This is meant to keep cultural traditions alive while incorporating different ways to worship The Lord. This vote has been popular with most church members as it allows for a fusion of Christianity and Folk Ways.
10000 Islands Emissary Report
10000 Islands Emissary Update
Date: February 2019
Delegate Endorsements: 344
The following is the Emissary Report for February 2019.
As of this report's publication, the government of 10000 Islands consists of:
~ Chief Executive: Markanite
~ WA Delegate: Kuriko
~ Senator of Lyonesse East: Louisistan
~ Senator of Himes West: Twobagger
~ Senator of Blue Canaria North: Vacant
~ Senior Senator of New Republica South: Jabberwocky
~ Minister of Immigration: Sargon Reman
~ Minister of Labor: Paffnia
~ Minister of Education: Tuga Nation
As of the publication of this report, TITO command consists of:
~ Commander-in-Chief: Markanite
~ Field Commander: Kanta Hame
~ Tactical Officer: Kortexia
~ Tactical Officer: Sorya
~ Tactical Officer: Shy Guyia
~ EF Tactical Officer: Smugglers and Mercs
~ Executive Officer: Hakketomat
~ Executive Officer: Aschente
News Around The Islands
- Former Chief Executive Woonsocket resigned from the post, passing the job on to long time Islander Markanite.
- Former Deputy Minister of Education Tuga Nation has chosen Matt from wii sports as the new featured nation of the month.
- Last month's house competitions, run by Senator for Lyonnesse East Louisistan, have come to a close. The House of Wordy has won the House Cup; The House of Enigmatic, led by Senator for Himes West Twobagger, has won the House Shield; and Escanaba of the House of Wordy has won the House Sceptre.
- The Council rejected NS 287-1: Roumania Embassy Request by consensus.
- The Council passed NS 287-2: Name Neutrality United House Steward of the House of Grub 8-0, with 1 abstention.
- The Council passed NS 287-3: Name Twobagger House Steward of the House of The Enigmatic Nation 8-0, with 1 abstention.
- Regional Reserve Chair Sargon Reman has hired The United Royal Islands of Euramathania as Deputy Regional Reserve Chair, returning a valuable team member to The Regional Reserve.
- Regional Reserve Chair Sargon Reman has named Ater nox winner of the first-ever Account of the Quarter award.
- Chief Executive Markanite has named Sargon Reman as the next Minister of Immigration, replacing New ecopia.
- Aersoldorf has won the latest Poet Laureate Contest.
- Jabberwocky has been hired as a forum Buddy.
- Delegate Kuriko has hired Alemputo as Emissary to Heart.
- Delegate Kuriko has also hired Twobagger as Emissary to Greater Dienstad.
- Delegate Kuriko has additionally hired Triora as Emissary to Philosophy 115.
- The Council passed NS 288-1: Modify Rookie of the Quarter Eligibility 8-0, with 1 vacancy.
- The Council passed NS 288-2: Close Embassy with The East Pacific 6-0, with 1 delegation to the delegate's prerogative and 2 vacancies.
- Chief Executive Emeritus Woonsocket has been hired as a Pollster.
- Delegate Kuriko has hired Shy Guyia as Emissary to Philippines.
- Chief Executive Markanite has hired The Tasmanian Islands as a Buddy.
- Chief Executive Markanite has also hired The African Emirates as a Buddy.
- Tuga Nation has been named Minister of Education.
- The Tasmanian Islands has been hired as Deputy Minister of Immigration by Minister of Immigration Sargon Reman.
- Senior Senator Jabberwocky has named Na kanaka isles as the latest Rookie of the Quarter.
- Delegate Kuriko has hired Wallachian States as Ambassador to The Rejected Realms.
Written by Kuriko
hello! I'm a roleplay alt for another nation, is there a regional map or roleplay here?
Indeed there is. :)
So how do I get on the rp map?
And are there any active rps? My nation is based off the Korean Empire, the last unified independent Korean state in the 1890s to 1900s
Just post on the map claim thread that's linked on the WFE.
I'll just put it here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=448185&p=34476158
Well, I hate to say that Korea has already been taken. You can always try another country.
There are two RPs going on, but they're both diplomatic RPs and it'd be weird of someone just barged in. You could always try to start to something and stir the pot playing as another nation, just look at the map to see what is available.
Also, we don't talk on the RMB much but are very active on the Discord above.
Korea is free, actually. Gave up my claim to it a while ago.
Oh. Nevermind then.
Free Mexico News
Father Hidalgo Sainted
Father of the first Mexican Revolution, Father Miguel Hidalgo, was canonized in the Mexican Evangelical Lutheran Church as the patron saint of Mexico. In accordance with the new traditions, he is also a Loa in the Fire Pantheon. His consort as a Loa is Ezili Dantor or The Black Madonna. Ezili Dantor is considered the patron of Haiti and is believed to have inspired the Haitian Revolution. Hidalgo according to some priests possessed some of the leaders to help inspire the revolution. This morning devotees offered him Alcohol and Bread in rituals. Some members called for Hidalgo to strike down the Washington troops still in the canal.
Opiate Prescription Pills Being Phased Out
With the approval of Cannabis for recreational and medical use, a new plan has been put forth to phase out opiates in place of cannabis. Marijuana by law must be organic, not mixed with other drugs and not be genetically modified in any way. Prescription marijuana can only be consumed in tablets or eaten. Opiates have been the cause of addiction in Mexico for years.
UDT Teams On Standy
Two UDT Teams from the Navy have been scrambled for emergency response in Veracruz and the PCZ. The UDT is the special operations branch of the Navy and specialize in sabotage and hit and run tactics. Troop deployment has stalled among the Washington troops with Mexico making sure all soldiers are on standby along with the civilian militia.
To qualify for a map claim, you will need to be a WA member.