by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The Confederacy of Free Nations Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .2,8192,8202,8212,822

Post self-deleted by Russkov Soviet.

Russkov Soviet wrote:Hmm... Never had a problem with the Police. I'm even friends with some officers... So.. I get the bad, but come on people. NOT ALL COPS ARE BAD.

Agents of the state should never be trusted.

Be courteous if you feel but never keep your eyes off and your back turned on them.

-sighs- Bad day and I went off ranting. Deleted. I apologize.

Yiddish Nederland wrote:Whats everyone's biggest fears? Mine are heights, needles and being forgotton by everything.

Merc.

Yiddish Nederland wrote:If they are educated, and continue to remain as police officers then they ARE bad.

And this right here is why whenever i hear someone say that they are leftist that i think that they are idiotic. World isn't black and white and this mentality of "i have no proof but all are bad" is the root of said idiocy. Correct me if i am wrong but how can it be that an educated police officer is automatically a bad person because they are in the police? Wouldn't this logic also apply to cops of colour be they black, asian or some other?

No offence intended

- Person Studying IRL to join the Police

Ps. i am not trying to start a fight, but i believe that your view is way too one sided. Also don't say that leftist phrases don't mean what they say, generally i do believe that most leftist are chill and don't mean it literally, but there is quite a few radical/extremist left wing which take these phrases with 100% literal meaning.

Sorry for my small rant. Tried to be neutral but i may have been a bit biased myself.

I don't mind if my post above gets suppressed btw, if any moderator thinks it should be then suppress it, i will be away for most of the day and have no idea when i will return.

Have a nice day- Spanelsko

Spanelsko wrote:And this right here is why whenever i hear someone say that they are leftist that i think that they are idiotic. World isn't black and white and this mentality of "i have no proof but all are bad" is the root of said idiocy. Correct me if i am wrong but how can it be that an educated police officer is automatically a bad person because they are in the police? Wouldn't this logic also apply to cops of colour be they black, asian or some other?

No offence intended

- Person Studying IRL to join the Police

Ps. i am not trying to start a fight, but i believe that your view is way too one sided. Also don't say that leftist phrases don't mean what they say, generally i do believe that most leftist are chill and don't mean it literally, but there is quite a few radical/extremist left wing which take these phrases with 100% literal meaning.

Sorry for my small rant. Tried to be neutral but i may have been a bit biased myself.

YES! Its still applies to minority cops! Im not like a full on marxist or anything, im just really left leaning. In the torah HaShem/g-d tells us to always stand up for what is right so i beleive im obligated to at least try to help with societal issues because of faith. Personally, i actually have a really grey view of the world as the jewish law (Unlike Christian) teaches says circumstances matter when judging some one. Yeah, person A did this, but why would person A do this? And i havnt just jumped on the "all cops a r bad lol" band wagon either, as I've seen discrimination in my community. My black freinds have to intentionally avoid downtown .

Yiddish Nederland wrote:If they are educated, and continue to remain as police officers then they ARE bad.

Yiddish Nederland wrote:Let me explain something about leftist phrases. When we say "all cops are Bastards" we meam that all people who KNOWINGLY participate in a system that has racism ats its core and dont speak out about it are, in fact Bastards.

I feel like these two comments disagree with each other, since one defines the conditions for not being a bastard as including speaking out whereas the other just says "if you keep on being a cop, you're a bastard regardless". I agree that the system has issues that are pretty massive but the whole "Cops are bastards!" focus seems like an easy out for the society and corporations that have created the conditions in which cops live and operate. Same thing with the sudden focus on black lives with regard to medicine, by all means focus on Corona hotspots, but it seems to escape people's notice that obesity, food availability (Fast food versus Healthy stuff) and Corona are all connected and that illnesses like these would have less effect on our society if we didn't have sh!tty collective health. It'd just seem so much more genuine if we addressed them from the bottom up rather than a -manipulatable- "societal conversation".

What I would prefer is that we reform our laws to be less intrusive, leave the Police with the money to operate (rather than the weird pseudo-revenge stance some people have taken on where the loss of funding is itself a punishment. Ideally we wouldn't be punishing people who -by and large- thought they were serving society through a system [that they still probably felt was inadequate in at least some [portion]) and begun pushing funding into our local communities regardless. The actual conversations on Policing are unlikely to be fairly heard by most people, if only because the idea that a group of people exposed to a consistently large amount of danger might be changed via arcane processes to perceive their environment differently from "the rest of us" seems a little too hard for either black communities or whatever-scale PD you have to swallow until it comes time to turn words into weapons and just call the other side bad or something.

E: This is sort of why I've just gone apathetic to politics tho. I don't really want to care about any of the stuff happening, and it's so much more fun to just run with my dog and play.

Kalaron-A wrote:I feel like these two comments disagree with each other, since one defines the conditions for not being a bastard as including speaking out whereas the other just says "if you keep on being a cop, you're a bastard regardless". I agree that the system has issues that are pretty massive but the whole "Cops are bastards!" focus seems like an easy out for the society and corporations that have created the conditions in which cops live and operate. Same thing with the sudden focus on black lives with regard to medicine, by all means focus on Corona hotspots, but it seems to escape people's notice that obesity, food availability (Fast food versus Healthy stuff) and Corona are all connected and that illnesses like these would have less effect on our society if we didn't have sh!tty collective health. It'd just seem so much more genuine if we addressed them from the bottom up rather than a -manipulatable- "societal conversation".

What I would prefer is that we reform our laws to be less intrusive, leave the Police with the money to operate (rather than the weird pseudo-revenge stance some people have taken on where the loss of funding is itself a punishment. Ideally we wouldn't be punishing people who -by and large- thought they were serving society through a system [that they still probably felt was inadequate in at least some [portion]) and begun pushing funding into our local communities regardless. The actual conversations on Policing are unlikely to be fairly heard by most people, if only because the idea that a group of people exposed to a consistently large amount of danger might be changed via arcane processes to perceive their environment differently from "the rest of us" seems a little too hard for either black communities or whatever-scale PD you have to swallow until it comes time to turn words into weapons and just call the other side bad or something.

E: This is sort of why I've just gone apathetic to politics tho. I don't really want to care about any of the stuff happening, and it's so much more fun to just run with my dog and play.

You tried so hard, but completely missed the point. Its about police brutality, not mc donalds 😃🙈

Sorry for being so loud about my views. Maybe its just diffent up north and y'all dont have it /:
(Police brutality i mean)

Yiddish Nederland wrote:If they are educated, and continue to remain as police officers then they ARE bad.

Keep up the protests, mate and stay safe. Don't let the pigs bully you.

Yiddish Nederland wrote:You tried so hard, but completely missed the point. Its about police brutality, not mc donalds 😃🙈

Yes, that is certainly a subject matter we're discussing. The issue is that mentioning Mcdonald's targeting black communities because they know that they can abuse the people there by exploiting the lack of proper nutritional food has actually harmed the community in a deep way, beyond something transient (or relatively singular) like Corona. However, the conversation is so hyper-focused on corona that it fails to identify that there's a bigger predator at the heart of the issue (In this case, obesity and food choice).

In the case of police brutality, there is the issue of brutality and then the laws that inspired it. The state itself bears responsibility, alongside the politicians of said state for signing them into law. The hyper-focus on brutality, though, eclipses that conversation though by allowing many of those politicians to get "Brownie Points" by instead backing the protests against police. It also makes it hard for people on either side of the isle to actually hear each other because of inflammatory comments and a habit of ignoring the experiences on the other side. Like how people just call cops bastards for reasoning as simple as "You're a cop and won't say policing is bad" without any consideration of their experiences in the force. That kind of world view is myopic though because it purposely ignores questions like "Why do cops form a silent blue wall" in favor of simple answers like "Because they're b@stards".
I dunno, you said you cared about consideration-of-circumstances when it came to crimes. I figured you'd care about...considering the circumstances behind people's perspective
\_(ツ)_/

Yiddish Nederland wrote:Sorry for being so loud about my views. Maybe its just diffent up north and y'all dont have it /:
Up here we have it. The difference is based more on a willingness to see nuance rather than total characterization.
(Police brutality i mean)

We have it, and we don't even seem to have that different of an opinion on it. I'm just willing to listen to the explanation of a cop when they're talking about their life-experiences to try to find a better middle ground behind the "good" cops who want society to keep on ticking healthily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FRPoJIrlI

I now declare this bazaar opened.

«12. . .2,8192,8202,8212,822

Advertisement