Hello everyone. With the days getting warmer we're once again preparing for the summer games. As always these games are open to all of you in our embassy regions, so we hope to see some of you there. Information about the games and signing up can be found here:
2019 Summer Games
The Oatland Regional Games is an international sporting event held in Oatland since 2016. Its purpose is to promote sporting excellence and international brotherhood. Citizens of all nations in Oatland and it's affiliated regions are welcome to compete in the games and each event is open to all athletes.
The Oatland regional games are biannual, with games held in both summer and winter. Each game consists of numerous events in which athletes compete for the gold, silver and bronze metal. This years summer game has nine events: Diving, Rifle Shooting, the Decathlon, Gymnastics, Weightlifting, Equestrian Sports, Swimming, Archery, and a new event; Fencing
Gymnastics - Angèle Dior, Lionel Genet
Swimming - Marc Gérald, Céline Berlioz
Weightlifting - Philippe Jauffret, Gérald Pretre
Rifle Shooting - Christine Girard, Olivia Gaudreau, Jean-Yves Bachelot
Decathlon - Olivier Ballouhey, René Pascal, Marinette Derocles, Nathan Carré
Equestrian Sports - Sara Lafaille
Archery - Charlaine Paquet, Raymond Denis
Fencing - Jacques Lefèvre, Françoise du Gast
How to participate
In order to compete nations should telegram a list of competing athletes to Aclion, the event organizer.
This roster should contain the full name of each competing athlete as well as the event they will competing in. Nations are currently limited to Eighteen athletes total and are allowed to allocate up to five to each event. If an athlete is competing in more then one event then each entry is counted separately towards the nations total athlete pool.
The exact system used for scoring is secret. However there are a number of things nations can do to to gain advantage, including:
- Cultivating a high health stat in there nation to boost athlete performance,
Shrewdly allocating athletes among the events,
Publishing team logos, uniform designs and anthems to earn a teamwide bonus
Publishing short biographies of competitors to earn a bonus for that competitor,
Selecting a national specialty sport to gain advantage in that event,
Sending previous medal earners to the same event to receive a champion bonus,
Please be sure to submit all material for points by the sign-up deadline if you wish it to count towards your score.
Schedule of events
June 8th - Signup deadline
June 10th - Opening Ceremonies
June 12th - Diving
June 14th - Rifle Shooting
June 16th - Decathlon
June 18th - Gymnastics
June 20th - Weightlifting
June 22nd - Equestrian Sports
June 24th - Swimming
June 26th - Archery
June 28th - Fencing
June 30th - Closing Ceremonies
Aclion - Anthem, Uniform
Tjorl - Anthem - Biographies
Yeet my dab
Yeunen - Uniform and Logo - Biographies
The Ascended Transhumanist Sociocracy - Anthem - Uniform and logo
Gold: Marc Gérald of Aclion
Bronze: Amy Sheppard of Earthbound Immortal Squad
Gold: Rene Dubanowski of Anacin
Silver: Leon Pavlov of Anacin
Bronze: Ivah 'Dubloon' Bartholomew of Halcyon Nova
Gold: Artyom Sienkiewicz of Anacin
Gold: A cardboard cutout of Maximilian Fitzwallace III, Esquire of Windiria
Silver: Marc Gérald of Aclion
Bronze: Amy Sheppard of Earthbound Immortal Squad
Gold: Greg Expoti of The Ascended Transhumanist Sociocracy
Silver: Ping Kamena of The Ascended Transhumanist Sociocracy
Bronze: Cheryl Religieuse of Fishy Apples
Silver: Céline Berlioz of Aclion
Bronze: Ashton Dennis of Finmany
Gold: Mr Man Guo of Yeunen
Silver: Waverly 'I Got Gold' Sutton of Halcyon Nova
Bronze: Mr Lin of Yeunen
Gold: Kenji Shiwatora of The Onigiri Enclave
Silver: Captain Jack Tre' of Halcyon Nova
Bronze: Jeremi Wiater of Anacin
That is something i would like to observe. I have been wanting to learn how to put on effective sporting matches in NS.
Good Evening To All Embassies In The Illuminati Region. As The US-EU Governments Is The Head Of Communications It's With Dismay Certain Board Messages Will Be Surpressed. This Will Be Done On A Post By Post Bases And According To Certain W.A. Regulations.
We're playing 🎲🎲 Craps 🎲🎲
The shooter throws two dice. Don't Pass bets win on a 2 or 3. Pass bets win on a 7 or 11. Don't Pass bets break-even on a 12. Any other number gets called the point, and the shooter keeps rolling. If a 7 is rolled before the next point, Don't Pass bets win. If the point is rolled before the next 7, Pass bets win. Field bets pay out if they match the point on the first throw. Stake is 10 chips.
Good Lunch Hour To All Embassies. On Behalf Of Illuminati Region And It's Administration Thanks For Being Here.
Good Dinner Time To All Administration. With The Independence Day In Post - Season It Is With Granted Authority We Do Ask That All Take Care To Remember The Chain Of Command. Regards To Whom Is In Charge We Are A Team And With No " I " In Team?
Yes, you can have it.
I've made a list with all guides links, if you like it I recommend you to support my dispatch to be seen by all beginner players. It will last as long as this game exists.
BB-Codes in text messages:
These BBCode-like tags can be used in Dispatches, Telegrams, Regional Message Board (RMB) posts, Regional World Factbook Entries (WFEs), and World Assembly proposals.
Not all tags are valid for all message types: see The Complete List of NSCodes.
Older NationStates Guide:
- 2015's NS Guide about the general things in NationStates to be known by the new players.
- 2016's NationStates Guide about the basics and updated in 2017.
- 2016's TWP Survival Guide to NS - a guide made by the regional officers of The West Pacific.
NS Nation Issues List:
- NationStates Issues - This thread lists every issue in the game with Dilemmas and responses. Pick an issue from the list and decide which are acceptable and unacceptable responses to it for your region.
- NS Issues Effect Lines - This page created by Trotterdam lists the resulting effect line that appears in the nation's happenings after answering an issue. Use this page to know what effect lines to look for from acceptable/unacceptable responses for your nation's issue policy.
Activity Feed or API - Found at the top of every region page, the activity feed shows all the changes happening in the region. This may be used to monitor a region. For example, you can filter it to only show 'laws' (issue responses) so it is easier to view law changes in the region. - Example: API The_South_Pacific Laws Filter (by filter), or you can watch the simple Regional Activity as it is shown in NationStates - example: NS Page=Activity/View=Region_The_South_Pacific.
Issues are political decisions that players make, which shape their nations as a result.
Telegrams are private messages that can be sent between players.
A newly-founded nation in NationStates begins with a population of 5 million. Every 24 hours, the population of a nation increases.
A nation's dossier is a compilation of brief information on other nations & regions which a player can select. This show a limited number of nations & regions in the Dossier.
Settings is a page where a player can modify aspects of his/her nation.
People, Government and the Economy
People: A pie-chart illustrating the leading causes of death throughout your nation.
Government: An illustration showing the distribution of your budget.
Economy: An illustration of the division of the public and private sectors.
Every day, the game will generate a Census Report on a particular subject and will rank all nations and regions from highest to lowest. Such topics include 'Most Extreme', 'Most Cultured' and 'Best Healthcare'. Score well enough and you'll be awarded a little medal that appears on your nation's page.
NationStates Useful/Rare Links
- About NationStates: page=about
- Terms and conditions: pages/legal.html
- Forgotten passwords: page=forgot_password
- Getting Help: page=help
- NS for Educators: page=educators
- NationStates Store: page=store
- The Boneyard: page=boneyard
- Change regions: page=change_region
- Create a region: page=create_region
- List regions and Region Tags: page=list_regions
- Dispatches: page=dispatches
- Factbooks of dead nations: page=exfactbooks
- Past General Assembly Resolutions: page=WA_past_resolutions/council=1
- Past Security Council Resolutions: page=WA_past_resolutions/council=2
- Historical Resolutions: page=UN_past_resolutions
- Advanced Dossier Manager: page=dossier_advanced
- 10th Anniversary Minigame: page=challenge
- All About Influence: page=influence
- Mobile Site: https://m.nationstates.net
- Compare your nation to another(Without a challenge): page=compare
Information for script authors
API (Application Programming Interface) script guidance: pages/api.html
Verify Login for API use: page=verify_login
Non-template nation page: page=panel/template-overall=none
Non-template region page: region=the_rejected_realms/template-overall=none
Menu-only template: page=panel/template-overall=minimal
Unofficial semi-offsite pages of interest
Embedded #nationstates IRC chatroom: page=chat
NS Twitter: https://twitter.com/nationstatesnet
NS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/NationStates/28164488374
- Etiquette - How to avoid the wrath of admin.
- NSWiki - Automatically updated official NationStates Wiki. Uses bots to collect an accurate plethora of information about nations and regions.
- IIWiki - A Wiki created for In-Character content.
- WikiStates - An unofficial fan-made Wiki utilising Wikia.
- Who is [violet]? Only the mods know for sure.
There is speculation that [violet] may be Max Barry’s pseudonym – or [violet] might just be Max’s codemonkey. That question is one that we players are unlikely to ever get a straight answer to.
- What is the Violet's Cult? There are some National issues using the "Violet" name as about a religion or cult. There is speculation that it's the creation of Max Barry as replacement of some names of religions.
- NS Archives: NSArchives, Region Flags, WFE Index.
- NS Economy Calculators: NSEconomy, NSSuite.
External Applications and Augmentations (outside the game)
1) Attention: these external applications are not supported by NS game but made by users (years ago) as auxiliary "expansions" to NS and if using these you're on your own risk;
- LinkNationStates++ - A Browser Extension allows easy switching between Puppet Nations, allows creation of Regional Newspapers (Viewable by other NS++ users), various news sections, reorganised pages and various other aesthetic changes IIWiki
- LibreNS++ - An alternative Browser Extension to NS++. It adds a Live RMB Display, Puppet Nation Management and an update checker. LibreNS++ is compatible with some NS++ features.
- Link Nation States -free- - This is an Android App that allows nations to answer issues and compare and track statistics.
- Link NSDroid - This is an Android App that allows nations to post on the Regional RMB, compose and read Telegrams, and utilise the dossier.
- NationManager v0.2
2) for R/D Gameplay:
- SerinApprox - This utilises data from NS++ to calculate Update Times for regions. It tends to work better on more active regions as it has more data to go off.
- LinkNSBreeze - This is a Browser Extension that adds keyboard shortcuts that assist R/D Gameplay
- LinkWFE Index - This allows nations to look at past versions of Regional WFE Entries to allow retrieval following a tag raid
- Nation Manager - This logs into a given list of puppets to prevent them from ceasing to exist
- Flags: PNG, Photo, SVG, Converter; LinkFlagMakerJr.
- Generators: Class, Coat of Arms, Motto.
- Name Examples: Animal, City, Country, Currency, Leader.
- Propaganda Examples: Inspiration, Platform, Rhetoric.
- Speech Examples: Campaign, Press Release.
- Recruitment Telegrams via API: The Simple Guide to Sending Telegrams via API; How to set up a Recruitment Campaign for your region on NS++; nstg-web (web app to auto-TG nations); Manual Telegram Recruitment (Easy Alternative For Stamps and API) and checking its info here: https://nsindex.net/wiki/NationStates_API, and API Documentation; also these: NS-cgi-bin-newnations and NS-World-Activity-founding-nations.
3) Third Party Sites:
- Useful NS sites and Utilities - other sources and 3rd party sites
- NationStates Utilities - other sources and 3rd party sites
- ImgBB - You can upload .png files here in order to post pictures in dispatches
- FamilyEcho - You can create a custom online family tree
- Custom Google Maps - How to draw lines on google maps, basically
- Custom Poll Maker
- Randomness Generator - Randomly generate numbers and other stuff
- Custom Legislature Apportionment Chart - You can use this to show a visual of your legislature's political power divide
- Custom Planet Creator - Defines the qualities of a random planet as you please
- General RPG Tools - for RPG needs
- Dice Roller
- MapChart - for making maps
- In NS, Nation is a user-created account which simulate virtually the idea of a large aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory and where the user start as the nation's leader. This may be used also as a profile of the user's political beliefs. However, despite the fact that an user can create many nations he wish, a player can use only one nation in the World Assembly, otherwise the player can get severe punishment on the NS site ("warning" at first time only if lucky, but you can get "banned IP" in many cases). Read the NS rules.
- A Guide to Different Issue Types
- NationStates Policies
- Customizable Features
- Issues > this is about Issues
- NS Moderation
- [Forum Topic] Nation's political level of Freedom measurement
- About Nation Creation and Categories (every WA category for nations and how to create a nation to fulfill certain categories)
- Dispatches are statements issued by your nation and fall in to one of four categories:
1 Factbook: Descriptions relating to your nation, or anything you choose.
2 Bulletin: For all things relating to gameplay.
3 Account: Articles or stories about your nation.
4 Meta: Matters relating to gameplay which stem from a real-life perspective.
- NationStates Library (basic)
- The Complete List of NSCodes
- How to Write a Dispatch
- How to create a Wikipedia-style Factbook
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Guide to Coding a Dispatch
- General BBCode Guide
- Link BBCode Color List
- Macros in Factbooks - your nation info data auto-updating.
- General Symbols - Copy and paste all kinds of symbols;
- Emojis - Copy and paste emojis
5 Templates: Blank examples for your dispatches.
- Nation Overview Template - Describes aspects about your nation
- Factbook Templates - overview template examples (almanac, and holidays outline)
- Foreign Relations and Embassies Template - How your nation interacts with others around the world
- Legislature Wiki - describing your lawmaking body;
- Military Wiki (1) and Military Wiki (2) - Describes military in a general sense;
- Legislature Election Wiki - your lawmaking body's election cycle;
- Character Template - See modernized sidebar for this template;
- Person Wiki - describe your favorite characters;
- Noble House Wiki - for dukes and duchesses;
- Constitution Template - Can be used by nations and international institutions alike;
- In NS, Region is an area or division, especially part of the NS world having definable characteristics but not always fixed boundaries. It is a community of nations which generally incorporates at least five basic social values that all regions are expected to provide and uphold for the benefit of their citizens.
- Delegates are elected by a region to serve as their representative at the World Assembly. Unlike ordinary members, they have the ability to approve newly-suggested resolutions. Delegates may also have administrative control over their region, though this is entirely dependent on the settings decided with the region's creation.
- About Endorsements
- About Influence
- Basics of Military Gameplay
- Basics of Region-Building
- Guide to Recruiting
- Regional Controls
- Regional Raiding/Defending Military Guide
- Basics of Defending
- The NS World
- The WA is the world's governing body. Membership is voluntary, but all member nations must abide by legislation it passes. [More Information] The World Assembly has member nations and Regional Delegates. The oldest Council of the World Assembly, the General Assembly concerns itself with international law. Its resolutions are applied immediately upon passing in all WA member nations. The Security Council recognizes and responds to individual nations and regions, with the aim of ensuring global harmony. By being a member, your nation can endorse other nations, and also receive endorsements. You may also vote on the current WA resolution, shown by clicking on 'World Assembly' in the side-bar on NS. With two endorsements, you are allowed to submit proposals to the WA, which may be put up for a vote if they receive enough support.
- General Assembly Guide
- Security Council Guide
- General Assembly Q&A
- GA Proposal Rules & General Advices
- So, ‘You say you want a Resolution’ : A beginners’ guide to writing GA proposals
- Gameplay (as opposed to role-play) is what happens in the game and that which is related to it. At a basic level, it involves playing NationStates the game, but it also encompasses the organisation of this gameplaying, which often takes place on regional offsite forums, chats or Regional Message Board. Gameplay includes (but is not limited to) nation management, regional politics and the invader/defender gameplay.
- Gameplay Advice Thread
- Region-Building Guide
- Daily Issues List
- Issues FAQ
- Capital/Religion/Leader FAQ
- N-Day: What You Need to Know
- Raiding Guide (in 2015)
- Some Military Gameplay Basics
- List of Founderless regions
- NS Political Theory Complete Anthology
- In simple terms Role-Play is mostly just creating and building a character that leads your country, you act as a leader of a nation (make decisions political, military and economic). So you create your countries story and then Role-Play is out with other Role-players in a map (usually).
- New to Roleplay? [FORUM INFO] P2TM DEPOT
- International Incidents
- Factbooks & National Info
- Global Economics & Trade
- NS Sports
- Portal to the Multiverse
- NS Military Realism Consultation Thread Vol. 11.0
- Store is the page where to browse NS shelves and shopping at NationStates, also you can gift this purchase to someone else. Your purchase is applied to one nation. It doesn't expire: you keep it for the lifetime of your nation. It isn't transferrable, so please make sure you're logged in as the right nation, or, in the case of gifts, that the right nation is displayed as a giftee at the top of this page. If the nation ceases to exist due to inactivity, your purchase isn't lost and will be restored along with the nation when you return (in terms of 3 years if you're not Site-Supporter). Purchases are final and non-refundable. They don't grant exemptions from site rules, and can't be transferred or recovered from nations that are deleted by moderators.
- NS News is the page where the news and events in game are shown.
- Ban: An act which prevents a nation from entering a given region.
- Cease-to-Exist (CTE): The deletion of a nation after a period of inactivity lasting 28 days or 60 days if vacation mode is set. A nation can be 'refounded' by the owner by login.
- Eject: An act of ejecting a nation from a region. This can be performed by the Founder (with cost to the nation) or by the Delegate (with an influence cost incurred on the Delegate). Nations who have been ejected will relocate involuntarily to The Rejected Realms.
- Feeders: Regions that new nations are founded in. Sinkers include The Pacific, The North Pacific, The South Pacific, The West Pacific, and The East Pacific.
- Founder: A nation who 'founded' the region and hence is the original inhabitant. The Founder, depending on access to the administration panel, has the power to ban, eject, banject nations, change tags, suppress RMB posts, change the flag, construct and close embassies, and change the World Factbook Entry.
- Sinkers: Regions that nations returning to the game, or in the case of The Rejected Realms are ejected from a different region go to. Sinkers include Lazarus, Osiris, Balder, and The Rejected Realms.
- Out-of-character (OOC): Post of this sort is used to convey messages unrelated to the roleplay, such as informing fellow players that you will be out of town for a week and therefore will not be online in NationStates.
- Puppets: Nations created to be used secondary to the primary nation. Some players choose to use puppet nations as WA nations while others choose to use it to boost a region's population. Reasons vary and there is nothing wrong with creating puppets for one's purpose.
- Regional Message Board (RMB): A chat function visible in a region (scroll down the region's homepage). This aspect allows nations to communicate and displays their flag as well as allowing them to 'like' others' messages and quote them.
- Telegram (TG): A private messaging system that acts as emails for NS.
- Warzones: Regions which have no founder and cannot be refounded. In these regions, ejections/bannings do not incur an influence drain on the Delegate but can only last a limited amount of time. Warzones include Warzone Airspace, Warzone Africa, Warzone Europe, Warzone Asia, Warzone Australia, and Warzone Sandbox.
- World Assembly (WA): An institute of global governance in NationStates, similar to the United Nations in real-life.
- World Assembly Delegate: A nation who possess the largest number of WA endorsements in the region, thereby allowing it to represent the region in the World Assembly.
- World Factbook Entry (WFE): World Factbook Entry is an area visible at the top of a region's homepage which describes the region, etc. Typically, it would state members of the region's governing entity, links to an offsite forum, etc.
3. Multiregional Campaigns in NS:
- Keeping NationStates Safe: A Campaign Against Harassment
- Pro-Life International FAQ
- Save The Internet (again...)
- Socialist Campaign "The Ugly Truth of the World Assembly - A Guide to Those Who do not Know" and Fixing the Issues of the World Assembly - A Sequel
- ANTI-COMMUNIST CONCORDAT
- What Libertarians Are and Aren't
- #GETVAXXED Campaign
- The Southern World Assembly Initiative
- Civil Defence Siren
- Earth isn't waiting for our response!!
- We Can Stop Climate Change Together!
- What’s Gonna Happen When You Die?
- Anti Fairy Pact
4. Other Things:
- Flag Makers/Requests II
- Seal and Logo Request Thread
- Top NS Issues Examples
- Planet Map Generator
- Map to Globe
- Latin Motto Clinic
- Human Development Index
- Democracy Index
- Religious Tolerance Survey
- World-Building Survey (every fact about your nation can go here)
This dispatch / document intends to include the most possible information about NationStates simulation politics and this includes references to various NS guides to be known by the new players.
"I would sincerely appreciate it if you could up-vote this dispatch if you found it informative ^_^"
Even if this may be rarely 100 % complete, this will help you to get all you need in game.