by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The Leftist Assembly Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .1,3331,3341,3351,336

Sauros wrote:Which issues are you referring to?

The issue chain with Brasilistan, and the various ones where "let's invade them/enter extremely favorable negotiation terms!" is an option.

New Samon wrote:I'm just a big, strong commie 💪😎💪

So is my mother nation 😎

Announcement from the Ministry of Recruitment

Hello hello hello! It's Friday, friday, getting down on Friday, but the person. So it's time for another population tracker update!

We got back below the 500 mark. Press F to pay respects to the nations who CTE'd, and offer comradely greetings to those who newly come here! We're at 498 comrades, though, so it's not that big of a loss.

As for the WA population, the tracker remains unchanged. We're still at 232 WA members who can all unanimously say [EXPLETIVE] NationStates!

Unity in Diversity,
Minister of Recruitment Ghillemear

Scarlet Albion wrote:If that's not NationStates in a nutshell I don't know what is

Nationstates issue effects be like "Oh, so you want to stop people from littering the streets?? Guess what your fishing industry is now COLLAPSED"
And then you make homophobia illegal or something and your civil rights just stop existing

On another note, my then-libertarian cousin tried to apply austrian economics to this game once and ended up basically having a dying population, a bad enviroment and a bad economy. It's the one time nationstates was realistic

Gura and Matos wrote:Nationstates issue effects be like "Oh, so you want to stop people from littering the streets?? Guess what your fishing industry is now COLLAPSED"
And then you make homophobia illegal or something and your civil rights just stop existing

On another note, my then-libertarian cousin tried to apply austrian economics to this game once and ended up basically having a dying population, a bad enviroment and a bad economy. It's the one time nationstates was realistic

The irony that they were libertarian yt their economy ended up sucking...
Maybe the workers of their nation realized the actual amount of sh## going on and revolted? Or they could have been like most Americans and thought liberals were gonna solve all of their problems, while they're living paycheck to paycheck and on meal tickets in a busted economy.
Does their nation even still exist? I'm interested in checking it out.

For me, nationstates is always like: Oh hey, Do you want to improve your economy? Well we can do that for the small price of worsening civil rights! It's actually dumb how if you pick one option(to improve something) you will do bad on another, for me this is why i keep playing the game so I CAN FINALLY JUST GET GOOD CIVIL RIGHTS, POLITICAL FREEDOM AND A GOOD ECONOMY!
jeez.

Michigan and Illinois wrote:For me, nationstates is always like: Oh hey, Do you want to improve your economy? Well we can do that for the small price of worsening civil rights! It's actually dumb how if you pick one option(to improve something) you will do bad on another, for me this is why i keep playing the game so I CAN FINALLY JUST GET GOOD CIVIL RIGHTS, POLITICAL FREEDOM AND A GOOD ECONOMY!
jeez.

Well it's not always like that. There are a good amount of options where you can increase everything. I personally have another problem - how to lower political freedom without lovering civil rights.

Soviet Federation of Eurasia wrote:Well it's not always like that. There are a good amount of options where you can increase everything. I personally have another problem - how to lower political freedom without lovering civil rights.

What's the point of having low political freedoms though? It's not like you'll ever lose control of your nation

Post self-deleted by Sauros.

Therronja wrote:What's the point of having low political freedoms though? It's not like you'll ever lose control of your nation

Well, technically you can also say ďwhy allow things like electionsĒ too since you can never actually be voted out. Itís just a matter of preference on how someone wants to run their nation. The way I answer issues on this nation is close to what Iíd do in real life, but I have a puppet where Iíve outlawed political freedoms to get the Iron Fist Socialists designation. Itís definitely hard to keep it from slipping into Corrupt Dictatorship though, since many times answering an issue affects both political freedoms and civil rights.

Soviet Federation of Eurasia wrote:Well it's not always like that. There are a good amount of options where you can increase everything. I personally have another problem - how to lower political freedom without lovering civil rights.

I smell what the rock is cooking

Cap.

Jk at least for me I don't get those choices, but you probably have been playing this game longer than me, I'm really impatient.

«12. . .1,3331,3341,3351,336

Advertisement