We are not a real empire (only in the first half-century it was) though. More like a bickering federation with nothing in common except for the powerless Mahang while the all-powerful chad hangs or hangmas of outer hangates did everything from fighting each other to raiding other nations to enslaving locals to appointing new puppet Mahang.
That said with a name like The Leonese Islands, I think s/he probably is looking for a Western colonizer.
I'm sure there's someone willing to sell suitcase nukes.
That does seem like the best option. What kind of dates would work best for your nation's history for colonial establishment and independence?
DUDE if you're looking for some natives, I was hoping to expand some of the Chuusootee people on my lands to other places. Besides, my people are notorious for being victims
Around 1500 to 1950 I would say would be the best defined start and end to the empire, dm me for more information.
Hello, friend! For some great help, here's a great factbook:
You must be wondering what you can do here and how, what is expected of you and how to start role-playing... I'll try to answer these questions in this dispatch.
First of all, if you haven't done so already - go ahead and introduce yourself on our regional message board (RMB). You can post things like what country you're from, if you're new to NationStates or to role-playing (RP), what kind of a nation you want to create, and anything else you'd like to share.
About the Region
IC communication (in-character, meaning role-playing) is done on the NationStates forums
OOC communication (out-of-character, from general chatting to world-building) is done on the RMB
Telegrams are usually OOC
We don't have offsite forums, so you don't have to worry about missing something else.
Facilitating RP and promoting world-building and cooperation in the region
Managing the region in terms of regional rules and standards
Recruiting new players and managing our embassies with other regions
To really understand how we do, you can read through the following dispatches when you get a chance:
The Constitution - It details the responsibilities of the various government officers and the Founder, as well as the processes of legislation and elections in the region. Of course, there's no need to remember it all, but it's there if you need it.
The Regional Rules and Conduct - That's just... The rules. You know, don't be a jerk to others, don't spam the RMB, and so on. The map rules are also there, but we'll get to that in a minute.
The Regional information dispatch - Contains current and updating information about the region (recent stats of the region, weekly updates, important daily events, etc.).
The Regional Links dispatch - Contains useful links to other regional guides or interesting dispatches (list of alliances, the regional militia, World Assembly guide, guides on RP, and more).
Of course, most of us can. If you still have questions, you can do either of the following:
Post a question on the RMB; you'll likely get an answer not long after.
Send a personal TG to one of the active and helpful members - such as:
Your address for questions regarding specific RP rules (can this be done? can I take over that? can I have that size? etc.) is the Sec. of RP (Thuzbekistan). Feel free to tag him in your RMB post or to TG him.
About Role-Playing in the Region
Our regional map is the basis of our RP, and it is therefore reserved for nations who actively engage in RP or plan to do so. Before asking a spot, please first make sure you have at least one nation-building factbook (relating to some aspect of your nation) and at least one forum post.
To be added to the map, send Vancouvia a telegram with answers to several simple questions - they are listed under "Map Rules" in the Regional Rules and Conduct dispatch. In order to stay on the map, you need to be relatively active in regional RP. nation-building dispatches or RP posts in the forums at least once week or so, should be enough.
Here in this region we don't use NationStates stats at all. Population, economic status, main industries, defense budget - All of those things are up to you, the player, to decide! Make factbooks or dispatches describing your nation's culture, history, religion, government, budget, climate, military, science, industries, people, corporations, trade deals, and anything else you can think of.
RP in this region is based on realism and modern-technology, so keep your nation in those limits. There are a few other guidelines we have in place to keep things balanced, for example:
Population should be no larger than 30 million
GDP per-capita should be no larger than $30,000 USD
If you're having trouble coming up with realistic numbers, just search Wikipedia for information on the real-world countries your nation is based on (or related to), and use that. Remember that this is an island region, and that our nations are not the largest and richest in the world - so, for instence, don't take the size and scope of the US' armed forces as an example, and don't take China's economy as an example. Try to find a realistic balance that would fit an island nation. Tip: There are no "perfect" nations - all nations have their strengths and their weaknesses. The Sec. of Role-play (Thuzbekistan) or other members of the region can help you design your nation as well.
Other than that - the limit is your own creativity. Feel free to look around and read other nations' factbooks and dispatches for ideas. See for example:
Covonant's dispatch on his nation's Parliament and Supreme Court
For other interesting, creative, or highly informative factbooks by members of the region, check out The Western Isles Factbook Spotlight. Take some time to look around, get to know the other players and the region as a whole, and develop your nation. I recommend doing that before getting into RP.
You can get to the region's ongoing RPs and events in either of the following ways:
Through the "Ongoing Events and Perpetual RPs" in the region's main page
Through the Active RPs of the Western Isles dispatch, which contains the region's RPs
As a start, I recommend reading the recent posts in the regional news thread and posting some of your own, before moving on to more complex RPs. This would allow players of the region to get acquainted with your nation.
And of course - you can always think of your own idea for an RP based on or in your nation, and recruit or interest others to join. I also recommend checking out the region's Alliances and Trade Agreements dispatch, where you might find other nations with similar interests and players to RP with; and the region's Marketplace, where you might find storefronts and corporations seeking to expand.
NS is full of useful guides for the technical or procedural aspect or RPing. This one, for example, is short and to the point. I've also published one myself, about RPing in our region. There are many more RP guides and tip dispatches or threads around the site - feel free to explore and learn more about RPing.
For some things to start off with, what's your government like? Authoritarian, representative, maybe a monarchy? And economically, is your country a laissez-faire capitalist landscape or overthrow-the-bourgeoisie type communist, perhaps something in between?
A chicken in every pot, and a nuke in every backyard.
I'm happy to be nuked in IW1.
Seven days have passed so you know what happens then: the weekly report:
3-9 August 2020:
- 3 Total Nations (+1), no delegate endorsements (+/- 0), 1 RMB page (+/- 0)
- No Members on the map, for there is no map (+/- 0)
- The newly arrived: Rakavo. Welcome (back)!
This week's dispatches:
- None whatsoever
1 embassy (+/- 0)
- No activity
My apologies: that was the weekly report of The Eastern Islands. How sloppy of me...
Here is the report for The Western Islands:
The Western Isles Office of Information
- 212 Total Nations (+22), 60 delegate endorsements (+/- 1), 22,646 RMB pages (+12)
- 56 Members on the Map (+/- 0)
- The newly arrived: Penaglandia, Deshnik, Las naciones unidas de adrian, Burtan, Scarlett-Stan, Agdoruh, Step On Me Mommy State, Scaller, Mannixa Prime, Agent Islands, Dalmacije, Watambi, The Eternal Communes, Keverai, Defenestoria, The West Cuban Federation, Ungoverned shethole, Chasreldhar, Lady Imelda von Nachtschatten, Massie, Baron Island, Tenoca, Kobnia, The Leonese Islands, Dravidista, Flatwood, Libertarial, Aragon and Mantua. Welcome (back)!
This week's dispatches:
- Altmera published "Monarchy of Altmera (Placeholder)"
- Altmera published "Treaty of Cooperation and Mutual Prosperity (New Dawn Initiative) (WIP)"
- Altmera published "Infrastructure of Altmera (Wip)"
- Alteran Republics published "Wiki // Caelius Dynamics VT-15"
- Agdoruh published "Freedom to Speak"
- Agdoruh published "Military"
- Mannixa Prime published "Republic of Mannixan Armed Forces"
- Mannixa Prime published "Land"
- Mannixa Prime published "Republican Army"
- Havalland published "Kingston and Blackforest Castle"
- Mannixa Prime published "Quick Facts about Mannixa WIP"
- Mannixa Prime published "M-12 Sabretooth main battle tank"
- Shidei published "government"
- Mannixa Prime published "Military IFV"
- Athara Magarat published "IslesNet"
- Mannixa Prime published "Channel War"
- Mannixa Prime published "Western Mannixa"
- Mannixa Prime published "Ultho Separatists: MNC"
- Agdoruh published "Politics"
- Mannixa Prime published "New Menkos"
- Almorea published "The Battle of Molahchearn, 28 November 1797"
- Mannixa Prime published "Ultho Attack: MNC Article"
- Mannixa Prime published "Ultho"
- Mannixa Prime published "Primary Military Weapons"
- Mannixa Prime published "Shania Attack Update: Interal Government Dispatch"
- Almorea published "Almorean battles index"
- Almorea published "The Battle of Chaleemore, 1774"
- Mannixa Prime published "Battle of Carcass"
- Flatwood published "Overview of Flatwoodian Politics"
- Flatwood published "List of Flatwoodian Monarchs and some basic accomplishments"
- Santiland Repubilc published "Congress of Santiland"
- Mannixa Prime published "Battle of Westhaven"
- The Leonese Islands published "The Leonese Islands"
- Flatwood published "List of Flatwoodian Presidents"
- Flatwood published "List of Flatwoodian Prime Ministers"
- Ainslie published "Worksafe"
- Athara Magarat published "What Happened to Imperial Magarati War Criminals? (WIP at least 50)"
- Dormill and Stiura published "Eagle Industries - Barracuda MBT"
- Ainslie published "MediEase"
See the Regional Archives for the less recent Weekly Happenings format and days even further in the past.
I don't think I've ever seen those before, they look cool tho
They are super cool. I like the stretched out look of them. Don't want to keep them long term though cuz they need more horizontal swim space