by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The Western Isles Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .22,11822,11922,12022,12122,12222,12322,124. . .22,65022,651»

The serriander wrote:Hi everyone,
I have just joined this region. I am super into history and live in Malta (it's ok, not many people know where that is!). I want my nation to grow into a kind of economic based society, like a Plutocracy or Oligarcy.

Welcome to TWI! Nice seeing someone from Malta.

The first time I met Maltese people was this elderly couple at the Annapurna Base Camp. Really nice folks who helped me with my project.

Razzgriz, Belle ilse en terre, San Montagna, Brulafi, and 1 otherMartenyika

The serriander wrote:Hi everyone,
I have just joined this region. I am super into history and live in Malta (it's ok, not many people know where that is!). I want my nation to grow into a kind of economic based society, like a Plutocracy or Oligarcy.

How is life on that island?

Reading through the "Age of consent in YN" thread, you see a lot of countries with, uh... Well, it makes you wonder, I guess.

The serriander

Life is VERY hot in Gozo, Malta's sister island, which is where I live.

Athara Magarat wrote:Welcome to TWI! Nice seeing someone from Malta.

The first time I met Maltese people was this elderly couple at the Annapurna Base Camp. Really nice folks who helped me with my project.

What are the odds; I have eaten in one of the three Indian/Nepalese restaurants of Luxembourg called Annapurna with (former) colleagues including one from Malta.

The serriander wrote:Life is VERY hot in Gozo, Malta's sister island, which is where I live.

One of my colonies is Mellita, which is based off of Malta. My major off home island navy base

Making progress this evening ...
https://i.imgur.com/92O7GRq.png

The serriander wrote:Hi everyone,
I have just joined this region. I am super into history and live in Malta (it's ok, not many people know where that is!). I want my nation to grow into a kind of economic based society, like a Plutocracy or Oligarcy.

Welcome! I know where Malta is!

Razzgriz, Wellsia, Belle ilse en terre, San Montagna, and 1 otherNhoor

Domanania wrote:it's russia. All of the stuff is made cheaply and can easily be replaced on paper to make everyone think that they have more than they do

Wellsia wrote:That was the ruse for the Chinese to get their hands on them for study. One (Minsk) is now a theme park, the other (Kiev) is a luxury hotel.

was it even a ruse, they pretty openly bought some other ex soviet carriers for reconstruction and use separately from those two.
like there was no pretense of that not happening, I didn't think at least

Alteran Republics wrote:Making progress this evening ...
https://i.imgur.com/92O7GRq.png

And the finished product:
https://i.imgur.com/j0VeYK7.png

Much more coastal.

The serriander wrote:Life is VERY hot in Gozo, Malta's sister island, which is where I live.

What's the temp in Gozo?

Aaaaaaand updated the dispatch with the main map:





Cartography
Maps and Surveys of Altera

Since before the Industrial Age, Alterans have always taken it upon themselves to
chart and plot the land they inhabit, in order to gain a better understanding
of their surroundings. Cartography is still considered important, with the
Alteran Council for Culture and Education continuously producing high quality map data.




Merito non pareret. | By merit, not birth.



GOV.ALT service is designed and maintained by HORIZON Inc.
on behalf of the Alteran Council of Information, Altera.



Read dispatch

Corindia, Belle ilse en terre, and Scantarbia

Corindia wrote:was it even a ruse, they pretty openly bought some other ex soviet carriers for reconstruction and use separately from those two.
like there was no pretense of that not happening, I didn't think at least

According to everything I’ve read or heard, they were suppose to be dismantled in China, similar to the HMAS Melbourne, the Chinese cut off the entire flight deck, catapults and all and set it on ground to train pilots and test aircraft. The PLANS Liaoning was bought from Ukraine. Even it was ‘suppose’ to be a floating hotel purchased by a Chinese travel agency.

bro what do i even post

Alteran Republics wrote:And the finished product:
https://i.imgur.com/j0VeYK7.png

Much more coastal.

Wow that's fantastic, it looks exactly like google maps (obviously that's what you were going for). I never thought to copy the google maps coloration and layout for my own map...gotta try that now.

Brulafi wrote:Reading through the "Age of consent in YN" thread, you see a lot of countries with, uh... Well, it makes you wonder, I guess.

Age of Consent in AM is 21.

Something, something powerful Tribal Council of Elders.

Athara Magarat wrote:Age of Consent in AM is 21.

Something, something powerful Tribal Council of Elders.

Me too!

Something something, Catholic Miklania.

Razzgriz, Athara Magarat, Belle ilse en terre, and San Montagna

Roendavar, where Age of Consent is 12...

Here it's 18, with "Romeo/Juliet" exceptions for those between 15-18 and within a year of each other.

Either I see ones in this thread that are way too young, or those ones that are like "We have a complicated sciency test to determine if you're mature enough!"

Like, the last one is stupid. Teens are gonna fool around with each other and aren't gonna take some weird Tanner Stage test to get permission first.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--KqGXHdp8--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/18gtv8yiwo4wtjpg.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/503153243178926080/503153286296371220/AMcropped.png

Wait a minute...Why do these two places look so similar...

Athara Magarat wrote:https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--KqGXHdp8--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/18gtv8yiwo4wtjpg.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/503153243178926080/503153286296371220/AMcropped.png

Wait a minute...Why do these two places look so similar...

You can't fool me, you just posted two pictures of the same thing.

Brulafi wrote:You can't fool me, you just posted two pictures of the same thing.

Eastern neighbor who always got invaded? Check. Catholic-majority historical rival in southwest (same southern neighbor's people are also totally not Italian)? Check. Southeastern neighbor with same culture? This too.

AM's land area: 395,208 sq km
Germany's land area: 357,578 sq km

16 national subdivisions...totally not HRE in past...

Yeah, you are right. This is just the same place being shown twice here.

Athara Magarat wrote:Eastern neighbor who always got invaded? Check. Catholic-majority historical rival in southwest (same southern neighbor's people are also totally not Italian)? Check. Southeastern neighbor with same culture? This too.

AM's land area: 395,208 sq km
Germany's land area: 357,578 sq km

16 national subdivisions...totally not HRE in past...

Yeah, you are right. This is just the same place being shown twice here.

The only difference being that you're the only Non-European country in the region.

Brulafi wrote:The only difference being that you're the only Non-European country in the region.

Nope...There are many others.

But yeah, I guess I am the one who is most noticeable.

Athara Magarat wrote:Nope...There are many others.

But yeah, I guess I am the one who is most noticeable.

You were the OG.

Razzgriz and Belle ilse en terre

«12. . .22,11822,11922,12022,12122,12222,12322,124. . .22,65022,651»

Advertisement