Heya. Was in the Coalition of fascist nations before it got raided by the red fleet. How do they even do that?
Ah yes, the Red Fleet has been causing trouble on NS for years now.
Unfortunately, the Reds seem to be better organized for raiding than the anticomm's on NS.
Most likely because those of us in our camp are more preoccupied with making a living and paying bills, and do not have the luxury of endless amounts of free time to be on here rpging like the Reds do.
It's amazing the free time they can have by living off their parents and the government's welfare.
Welcome! As English-America said, the heyday of nationalist and rightist action of the mid-2010s is now a fond memory, while there has never been a shortage of leftist internationalists on this site. And yes, their demographic (naοve schoolkids and the idle mouths of society, I guess) have plenty of free time to sit around and pounce founderless and despawning regions.
I just don't understand how they do it.
If you have been a member of the World Assembly (WA), you've probably seen that you can endorse and get endorsed by other nations by pressing the button on their pages. Getting the most endorsements in your region means you become the WA Delegate and can get certain privileges, ranging from greater voting power in the WA to being able to ban people from the region.
If you check page=region_control/region=union_of_nationalists you can see what the WA Delegate in this region can do; in this case I have revoked all privileges. If the leader of a region stops logging in and their nation disappears (such as what happened in your former region), all privileges automatically become available to the Delegate, allowing bad guys to 'raid' the region by cancelling embassies, changing the regional description and flag, and banning people.
Some further reading on the raiding part of this game:
What is Raiding?
1. "Tag" the region and leave by:
Customising the World Factbook Entry (WFE)
Changing the regional flag
Controlling the proposition, construction and closure of embassies
Suppressing as many posts as one likes on the Regional Message Board (RMB)
2. Occupy the region for an extended period of time; potentially destroying it
How to Raid?
Click the "World Assembly" link in the sidebar
Click the "Apply to Join" button to be sent an invitation email
Click the link in the email to join the World Assembly
Step 2: Endorse the point nation
Step 3: Move to the targeted region
Step 4: Gain delegacy of the targeted region
Benefits of Raiding
The joy of working together with friends and as a team
Occupying territory in the form of a region
Paving the way to refounding the region
Testing reflexes in fast-paced switching
Kicking others out of the region
- Occupying and releasing
How to Occupy?
- There isn't much to do other than to endorse the point and wait.
- However, when there is an update on, one is free to leave for the update, as long as one re-endorses the point after the update.
- The point must be on the lookout during the Major and Minor updates for defenders attempting to liberate the occupied region.
- When defenders enter the region in order to liberate an occupation, the point must banject every one of them as soon as they enter the region.
- DO NOT JOIN THE WORLD ASSEMBLY WITH MORE THAN ONE NATION
- Move all switcher puppets to The_Evil_Empire before the update starts. Evil Empire is a region that updates very late and thus, is used to stage all tag raids.
- Communication for all raids are hosted on Discord, contact the individual that recruited you if you're not already part of the server.
- Switcher puppets can be personalized, or randomly generated.
- You can now apply the World Assembly (WA) at any time.
(Review Lesson 5 First) Tag Raiding Continued
You can watch for the update message here:
You are waiting for it to say "Seconds Ago". When that appears either you or someone else leading will post "GO" into a group discord. At which everyone will move to the target region.
Do this too early and Defenders or Native Nations will have an opportunity to counter your efforts.
Creating a "Clean" Puppet
I. Make the puppet look genuine. Pretend that this is your very first nation. This means:
- No references to any part of NationStates or Gameplay
- No default options
II. Answer your Issues regularly. This means:
- It's not necessary to answer them every time you get them. Answering Issues once every two days is the barest minimum.
- A puppet not answering Issues looks suspicious enough. A puppet not answering Issues but remaining active looks extremely suspicious
Insertion into the Target
- Do NOT move your puppet to any raider or imperialist regions
- Stay in the region you moved to for a few days at least
- Continue to answer Issues
- Do NOT communicate with the natives
- Continue to answer Issues
Joining the World Assembly (WA)
Finding a Target
Calculating Update Times
0:0:0 is 12 AM/PM.
0:0:20 means the update will occur 20 seconds after 12 AM/PM.
Refer back to lesson three for further steps into Tag Raiding.
Written by Stalker Queen
This guide has been modified to meet 2019 standards, notable edits are in Lesson 3 and Lesson 5. Calculating update times has been entirely changed to instructions for 20xx.
Hey now, some people live for that bullshit. 😏