by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

United Nations Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .889890891892

Welcome to United Nations, South Afghanistan. We're glad you dropped in. Please help yourself to drinks and cookies which you'll find in the hospitality suite. \_/ (::)(::)

The Z-day clock has appeared in the NEWS. Traditionally, United Nations has been a zombie free zone. Fighting zombies is pretty tedious so it's up to you whether you want to engage in that aspect of Z-day. What I hope all (or most) of you will do is whenever the countdown clock hits zero which will be sometime on October 30th or 31st depending on what time zone you are in--or as close to it as you can--please set your nation to researching a cure. This is really the biggest thing you can do to help the region fight off the zombies. If you don't know how to do this please either TG me or post the question on this RMB.

Those of you who are planning to launch cure missiles please TG me.

A dispatch with more detailed instructions is pinned to the WFE.

Many thanks.

The Department of Transportation will be shutting down all seaports and airports for both domestic and international travel/trade tomorrow. Only special transportation (i.e. distributing the cure to other nations) will be allowed. All incoming ships and aircraft will be ordered to divert elsewhere. No ship that is docked, and no aircraft that is grounded shall depart until further notice. President Grullón De Jesús has been given the recommendation from both the Representative Council and the Federation Council to enact a nationwide curfew for all individuals within the mainland as well as the smaller islands that make up PA. The Department of Disease Control will be working on a cure and will be distributing it once the cure has been found.

The people of Puerto Abundante wish all of you good luck.

Best regards,
Joseph J. Santiago,
Regional Delegate and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Puerto Abundante.

Puerto Abundante wrote:The Department of Transportation will be shutting down all seaports and airports for both domestic and international travel/trade tomorrow. Only special transportation (i.e. distributing the cure to other nations) will be allowed. All incoming ships and aircraft will be ordered to divert elsewhere. No ship that is docked, and no aircraft that is grounded shall depart until further notice. President Grullón De Jesús has been given the recommendation from both the Representative Council and the Federation Council to enact a nationwide curfew for all individuals within the mainland as well as the smaller islands that make up PA. The Department of Disease Control will be working on a cure and will be distributing it once the cure has been found.

The people of Puerto Abundante wish all of you good luck.

Best regards,
Joseph J. Santiago,
Regional Delegate and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Puerto Abundante.

Dear Senior Santiago:

We are honored and feel a very deep gratitude for your nation's commitment to the well-being of our region.

With appreciation,

J.

OOC: Finished curing America o, Mullet Man, and New capital legion. I think my other region is doomed since one nation is doing the Zombie Empire path lol. Nonetheless, I'm going to bed. Guess we'll find out how bad it'll be by tomorrow.

Puerto Abundante wrote:OOC: Finished curing America o, Mullet Man, and New capital legion. I think my other region is doomed since one nation is doing the Zombie Empire path lol. Nonetheless, I'm going to bed. Guess we'll find out how bad it'll be by tomorrow.

Eject him. *grin*

Post self-deleted by Blab.

👍 Z-Day, hour 16: Thanks to your cooperation and teamwork United Nations has made 5th place in the category, Most Survivors, No Infected and 43rd place in the category, Most Survivors. This will probably change as more of the bigger regions cure themselves but we'll probably keep a place in the first 100 for MSNI. 👍

Give yourselves a round of applause!

Zombie Apocalypse Award Ceremony

Gratitude and glory to the honor guard of missile launchers, who returned after researching a cure to man the battle stations for the Cure MK Missiles: Puerto Abundante, Rio Santo, America o, Blab, and Thestalker.

*presents honor guard with team trophy 🏆 and individual gold medals🥉🥉🥉🥉🥉*

Undying thanks to the CURE team of Rio Santo, Puerto Abundante, America o, South Afghanistan, Blab, Kaskalherria, Johnike, Rwandah, Myannmar, Dohnnra, Gastiez, Ngeaur, Tongatapu, and Thestalker for researching the cure which arrested the rate of infection. The research was the critical element in United Nations's swift victory over the zombie infection.

*presents team with team trophy 🏆 and individual gold Curel Peace prize medals ️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️*

In honor of their healing powers Team Z-Day flags will be the regional flag for the next few days beginning with our ally, Puerto Abundante.

Thank you all for putting us on the leader boards, #32 for Most Survivors, No Infections and #46 for Most Survivors, and for ensuring that none of our citizens died. See page=zday_tally_October_2019

As there are over 21,800 regions in NationStates it's apparent we did very well. Congratulations!

For statistics see the first dispatch pinned to the WFE.

Now featuring a member of the honor guard, Rio Santo.

A member of the honor guard, I present America o.

Welcome to United Nations, New Kingdom of Mexico and Ducks Looking For Grapes We're glad you dropped in. Please help yourself to drinks and cookies which you'll find in the hospitality suite. \_/ (::)(::) \_/ (::)(::)

===============================

Congratulations to New capital legion on gaining the delegacy. We look forward to you representing the nations of United Nations, especially those who are WA members, and their point of view at the World Assembly. I see that Nicer potlimitomaha has become the de facto regional kingmaker.

Welcome to United Nations, Aldeya. We're glad you dropped in. Please help yourself to drinks and cookies which you'll find in the hospitality suite. \_/ (::)(::)

Introducing the honor guard member, Blab.

There's civil unrest in Hong Kong and Iran (as well as Bolivia and Chile) and some protesters have been shot by police. If you live in the USoA what do you think the US response should be? If you live elsewhere, do you have an opinion on how your country should respond.

If the PRC sends in tanks a la Tianamen Square the US needs to lodge some kind of formal protest but in my opinion since the protests turned violent and some of the protestors are engaging in what can only be called vandalism they can't blame the police for using force. I'm not sure what the protest movement is hoping to gain by trashing buildings.

I'm curious about what the rest of you think about the Morey-NBA-LeBron thing?

It's sad to say but the response by the HK police has been relatively "restrained" compared to Iran, Bolivia and Chile. Iran is threatening to hang all the protestors and has possibly killed between 106 - 319 (depending on whose tally you are following) of them already. Chile's police have been deliberately aiming for protestors' eyes and have blinded or partially blinded over 285 Chileans. Bolivia's death toll is around 23.

In comparison, in Texas where there was no rioting, 85 people were shot dead by police in 2018; in California in 2018, 115 people were killed by police but most were not part of a protest.

About the NBA, I think it's pretty egregious that free speech in America is being suppressed by the PRC. LeBron only stands up for the first amendment when it applies to himself. Although I partially agree that sports should not be politicized, Kaepernick has done that with support from many players so it seems hypocritical to condemn Morey for upholding one of the founding principles of the US. It was apparent when the players were interviewed that their concern was all about money.

Presenting member of the honor guard, Thestalker.

Myannmar wrote:If the PRC sends in tanks a la Tianamen Square the US needs to lodge some kind of formal protest but in my opinion since the protests turned violent and some of the protestors are engaging in what can only be called vandalism they can't blame the police for using force. I'm not sure what the protest movement is hoping to gain by trashing buildings.

I'm curious about what the rest of you think about the Morey-NBA-LeBron thing?

Fight for freedom. Stand with Daryl Morey!

Thank you to the Cure Team member, South Afghanistan.

Welcome to United Nations, UNTAC. We're glad you stopped by. Please help yourself to drinks and cookies which you'll find in the hospitality suite. \_/ (::)(::)

I was surprised by the results of the recent Hong Kong council elections because I wasn't sure if most residents supported the protests after they turned violent and destructive. 71% of those eligible turned out to vote, more than for any other election. They rejected Lam's party. Now, what will Xi do?

Fight for freedom. Stand with those that want it.

Yay for Trump and Congress for passing those resolutions. Fight for freedom. Stand with the USoA.

It's also encouraging that Iran's PM is accepting responsibility for the riots and stepping down.

Juskalherria wrote:Welcome to United Nations, Aldeya. We're glad you dropped in. Please help yourself to drinks and cookies which you'll find in the hospitality suite. \_/ (::)(::)

Thanks!

«12. . .889890891892

Advertisement