by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

10000 Islands Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .8,3188,3198,3208,3218,3228,3238,324. . .8,4078,408»

Since nations that found in these regions are refounding ones, the regions are named after people who have been resurrected. With this in mind, I decided to think of names for potential sinkers (not that the site administration has hinted at some being added). Since Christianity, Norse mythology, and Egyptian mythology are already represented by the current sinkers, it’d only be right to rule other people in those out. This would leave Ancient Greek religion, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and real life, among those I’m somewhat familiar with. Except, I could only really name somebody specific for the Ancient Greece one and the real life one — I’m gonna try to avoid saying something ignorant about the other religions!

For the Ancient Greece one, I’d say a shining option would be Asclepius, who I believe was the son of Apollo, and could revive people himself. He was killed by Zeus for this, but then eventually revived as a minor deity. Another could be Minos, who was the king of what I believe was the first Greek civilization? I guess there are probably better options, but basically, this guy is one of the three judges you’d supposedly face in the Underworld or something.

For the real life one, maybe Mary Wollstonecraft? She was a writer and women’s rights advocate in the 1700s, so I think that warrants some extra points — it does, at least, for me. As for the resurrecting part, afaik, she threw herself off a bridge, and was presumed to be dead, but then was revived. This must’ve influenced the story “Frankenstein”, which was written by Wollstonecraft’s daughter, and features artificial life (?).

Free Las Pinas wrote:

Since nations that found in these regions are refounding ones, the regions are named after people who have been resurrected. With this in mind, I decided to think of names for potential sinkers (not that the site administration has hinted at some being added). Since Christianity, Norse mythology, and Egyptian mythology are already represented by the current sinkers, it’d only be right to rule other people in those out. This would leave Ancient Greek religion, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and real life, among those I’m somewhat familiar with. Except, I could only really name somebody specific for the Ancient Greece one and the real life one — I’m gonna try to avoid saying something ignorant about the other religions!

For the Ancient Greece one, I’d say a shining option would be Asclepius, who I believe was the son of Apollo, and could revive people himself. He was killed by Zeus for this, but then eventually revived as a minor deity. Another could be Minos, who was the king of what I believe was the first Greek civilization? I guess there are probably better options, but basically, this guy is one of the three judges you’d supposedly face in the Underworld or something.

For the real life one, maybe Mary Wollstonecraft? She was a writer and women’s rights advocate in the 1700s, so I think that warrants some extra points — it does, at least, for me. As for the resurrecting part, afaik, she threw herself off a bridge, and was presumed to be dead, but then was revived. This must’ve influenced the story “Frankenstein”, which was written by Wollstonecraft’s daughter, and features artificial life (?).

For Judaism, it would be Shunemmite woman's son, who was brought back to life by Elijah(or Elisha, depending on the spelling.) The way the story goes, when Elijah was traveling through the town of Shunaam, the woman showed him hospitality. Because of this, Elijah gave her a prophecy that said she would have a son. A few years later, Elijah is traveling once again through Shunaam. He sees the woman and asks her how her child is doing. the child has apparently gotten sick and died. Using his powers, Elijah brings him back to life. Now, there are more details to the story that I didn't include, but you get the idea. The developers probably didn't include the Shunaamite woman's son because we don't know his name. The text doesn't tell us.

Speaking of sinker regions, I just came from Balder back to my home XKI! Glad to be back guys! I was kinda busy and forgot to check my account for a while. But, here I am! I see a couple of familiar names like Free Las Pinas. :)

Jabberwocky wrote:Quite right. The game of propose and repeal. Wearisome, at best.

Nothing ever gets done in the WA because there’s always some diphead who didn’t like the outcome of the previous resolution. Then there are people who just always vote yes without reading the resolution, and still others who just vote however their regional delegate does.

Viserbeau wrote:Speaking of sinker regions, I just came from Balder back to my home XKI! Glad to be back guys! I was kinda busy and forgot to check my account for a while. But, here I am! I see a couple of familiar names like Free Las Pinas. :)

You should join the WA so I can endorse you

EDIT: Aaah! Sorry, I’ve been in ATA for so long that I forgot about the double posting rule. Sorry!

Venmere wrote:You should join the WA so I can endorse you

Alright, I will endorse you back as well. Will all my previous endorsements be gone?

Edit: Done

Hi, I’m glad to join this great community ☺️🥳!

Viserbeau wrote:Alright, I will endorse you back as well. Will all my previous endorsements be gone?

Edit: Done

I don’t know whether they will be. I’ll endorse you either way

Welcome to XKI Borbourg!
Also, for anyone who wants a cool flag, I strongly suggest Flag Makeria. He is a wizard in design, I will get my new flag in a couple of days and you will see how awesome it is!!

Borbourg wrote:Hi, I’m glad to join this great community ☺️🥳!

Hi!

Viserbeau wrote:Speaking of sinker regions, I just came from Balder back to my home XKI! Glad to be back guys! I was kinda busy and forgot to check my account for a while. But, here I am! I see a couple of familiar names like Free Las Pinas. :)

Oh hey, welcome back!

The pizza

Hey guys, after a quite long hiatus, I am back.

Welcome back!

Great to see so many nations returning. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Hey guys, I’m kinda getting bored of nationstates so I will be pretty inactive now on

Please check out the newest voting overview for the GA proposal "Repeal: "International Criminal Protocol"". Don't forget to leave an upvote!

Venmere wrote:Nothing ever gets done in the WA because there’s always some diphead who didn’t like the outcome of the previous resolution. Then there are people who just always vote yes without reading the resolution, and still others who just vote however their regional delegate does.

The "people who just always vote yes without reading thr resolution" is literally me.

The pizza

Anyone know how to change your flag for custom? Im using https://andrewsarnold.github.io/FlagMaker-Jr/ but I can't figue out to a PNG or etc. to use it as my flag/banner. I had this same problem before but I forgot how to do it. My computer is wack

The pizza wrote:Anyone know how to change your flag for custom? Im using https://andrewsarnold.github.io/FlagMaker-Jr/ but I can't figue out to a PNG or etc. to use it as my flag/banner. I had this same problem before but I forgot how to do it. My computer is wack

Idk any flag sites, I hand draw my flags

The pizza wrote:Anyone know how to change your flag for custom? Im using https://andrewsarnold.github.io/FlagMaker-Jr/ but I can't figue out to a PNG or etc. to use it as my flag/banner. I had this same problem before but I forgot how to do it. My computer is wack

You could convert the SVG, or you could screenshot the flag.

The pizza

The pizza

Pianaville wrote:You could convert the SVG, or you could screenshot the flag.

yes, but how and to what? Screenshotting wont work cuz its my computer

Porymonia wrote:Idk any flag sites, I hand draw my flags

Long live paint!

The pizza

The Republic of Osea wrote:Long live paint!

When you know how to do it it probably gives the most freedom in flags

The pizza and The Republic of Osea

The pizza wrote:Anyone know how to change your flag for custom? Im using https://andrewsarnold.github.io/FlagMaker-Jr/ but I can't figue out to a PNG or etc. to use it as my flag/banner. I had this same problem before but I forgot how to do it. My computer is wack

Like I said earlier if you look up nation-states flag maker a site called Flag Makeria will come up. The guy who does the flags there is awesome he just did mine and I'm waiting to receive it.
Hey there Pianaville, don't know if you remember me but good to be back!

The pizza

The pizza wrote:Anyone know how to change your flag for custom? Im using https://andrewsarnold.github.io/FlagMaker-Jr/ but I can't figue out to a PNG or etc. to use it as my flag/banner. I had this same problem before but I forgot how to do it. My computer is wack

I use Flag Maker 1.7. Apparently there is now an online version too. Either way it's 100% free and works well for flags of low-medium complexity. Flags can be exported to SVG, PNG or saved in a .flag file to edit later.

The pizza and Solsevara

The pizza

Thanks guys

«12. . .8,3188,3198,3208,3218,3228,3238,324. . .8,4078,408»

Advertisement