WA Delegate: The United States of Bearded Dragones (elected )
Founder: The Dichromatic Mechanism of August
Last WA Update:
Embassies: Augustin Alliance, Ridgefield, Conch Kingdom, Lands End, Narnia, Dawn, Right to Life, The League of Conservative Nations, The Region That Has No Big Banks, Anteria, The Union of Democratic States, Carolingia, Atlantis, The Great Experiment, Westeros Total War, and The Straw Hat Pirates.
Regional Power: High
Today's World Census Report
The Lowest Overall Tax Burden in Cape of Good Hope
World Census financial experts assessed nations across a range of direct and indirect measures in order to determine which placed the lowest tax burden on their citizens.
As a region, Cape of Good Hope is ranked 19,917th in the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
|1.||The Hinterlands of Augustin Proxy||Compulsory Consumerist State||“Laws are made to be broken”|
|2.||The Dichromatic Mechanism of August||Anarchy||“Quality over Quantity”|
|3.||The Free Land of Amaratum||Anarchy||“Taxes are theft”|
|4.||The Free Land of Same Che||Capitalizt||“Free peoples and free property”|
|5.||The Republic of New Jump Spi||Anarchy||“By The People For The People”|
|6.||The Armed Republic of New Good Hope||Left-Leaning College State||“From my cold dead hands”|
|7.||The Free Land of Rauys Hulms||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“To take is the obligation of all. To give, of none.”|
|8.||The Empire of Kollumbia||Moralistic Democracy||“PLVS VLTRA”|
|9.||The Federal Republic of Skatonia||New York Times Democracy||“Nullam vitae IV”|
|10.||The Kingdom of Fonger||Iron Fist Consumerists||“For humankind”|
- : Szary kilometr ceased to exist.
- : Gendia ceased to exist.
- : Dumnnonia ceased to exist.
- : The Republic of Leader of The Region of the region Memes Fun and Jokes proposed constructing embassies.
- : Gensoky0 ceased to exist.
- : Ghaspel ceased to exist.
- : Very brutal barbarians ceased to exist.
- : The Christian State of Riko Republic arrived from Lazarus.
- : The Independent Nation of Wheatlies departed this region for Sonindia.
- : The Independent Nation of Wheatlies arrived from Over the Rainbow.
Cape of Good Hope Regional Message Board
The Monsonian government has encouraged the visit to such park, however the majority of people prefer a visit to Boskejhnortk and other northern regions where the temperatures range 20°C to 30°C. Such regions are more remote but Anchorage, the regions main gateway does have an extensive international flight portfolio.
McClellan Lunar Way Station experienced a failure in its artificial gravity at its commercial warehouse section earlier today. Diagnostics have determined the failure to have been caused by an aging graviton pump. The pump has been replaced by a temporary emergency pump but many are still concerned of a complete system failure in all the other pumps. The lunar central command has issued a statement saying that they will see if the can move the date for replacing the system to next week.
Roxium space technology firm Astro Technogistics has offered to provide a graviton mass field generator (Roxium device that uses a combination of technology and magic to generate a field of gravity. Considered an essential part of spacecraft, space stations/colonies, and facilities on asteroids and planets with low gravity.) at a discounted price.
The lunar command post of the Army Corps of Engineers has turned down the offer on the grounds that the artificial gravity system was not constructed with the use of mantel in mind as the concept is only now being taken seriously.
Residents of Monsone living near the Roxium border may have noticed a show called Cyberforce Maxim airing on TV. Cyberforce Maxim is a highly influential anime from the Roxium equivalent of the 90s, and is considered the first "cybercrime" anime and one of the first to make use of CG animation. Cyberforce Maxim's influence can still be felt today in a much more modern anime, CyberSpec Security, which also airs on Monsonian television near the border. Both shows can be found on Network Otaku, one of many anime channels in the Roxium Federation.
TV Channels? Since 2016, Monsonehas stopped using TV channels, replacing them with the Internet Television System (ITVS). Using this system, any viewer can watch whatever they please. So, the reach of CyberSpec Security in nation wide in Monsone, yet not nearly as popular as the animated Monsonian satire series Holbrow (Similar to South Park).
Read the newest reccomendation from the Defense Office
"Reducing Food Waste"
Noting that many organisations that grow, prepare, sell or distribute food unnecessarily waste their product because a greater amount of stock is ordered than is sold, causing the excess food to go to waste,
Further acknowledging that retailers and wholesalers may refuse to purchase fruit and vegetables if they are considered aesthetically unpleasing, regardless of their actual quality or nutritional value,
Worried for the many negative effects of the aforementioned food wastage on WA member states and their populations, including:
harming the environment, due to the production of the greenhouse gas methane, the wastage of the fresh water that was used to create discarded products and the attraction of pestilence and vermin to rotting food,
forcing a rise in the prices of food, because of a lack of supply caused by wastage between initial production and final sale, resulting in serious negative consequences for the price of living,
robbing poorer citizens of member nations of the possibility to eat the perfectly edible food, safe for sapient consumption, that is thrown away unnecessarily,
squandering the energy used to store and distribute the discarded food, thus increasing power demand unnecessarily, and
wasting the labour that was used to create said food products, which could otherwise have been allocated towards goods and services that would have ultimately been used for the betterment of member nations,
Concerned over the quantities of food that unintentionally expire due to improper or incorrect stock rotation, and
Regretting that action has not been taken by this august assembly to reduce unnecessary food wastage, and thus lend assistance to both the environments and citizens of member nations who are hurt by the discarding of edible food,
1. Strongly encourages member nations to create local initiatives that seek to prevent the overproduction and disposal of viable and edible food, including but not limited to food banks and charities;
2. Commands member nations to inform their citizens about how to properly save and store leftovers for future consumption;
3. Obliges food producers and transporters with minimising the amount of food that, having been produced or brought, is thrown away without a compelling health or safety purpose, as far as is reasonably possible;
4. Mandates member nations to repurpose a reasonable amount of food surpluses into appropriate environmentally, socially or economically viable programs, such as: diverting food scraps to animal feed, composting inedible food to create nutrient-rich soil, or using waste oils from food for fuel conversion in order to recover lost energy in industry;
5. Orders member states to divert a reasonable proportion of their wasted food, if assuredly edible and safe for sapient consumption, to feeding those who are unable to procure food for themselves or their family, either internally or in the form of foreign aid. This may be accomplished directly or via reputable charities;
6. Extends the authority of the International Food Welfare Organisation to include:
researching into: the causes of food wastage, the reduction of this waste, the ways in which uneaten food can be reused, and the points at which foodstuffs become unsafe for sapient consumption,
publishing this data for the benefit of member nations’ governments, food producers and businesses, food charities such as foodbanks, and the general citizens of member states’ populations,
lending aid, in the form of donations from the World Assembly General Fund as well as research, to food charities that have proven virtuous conduct and use techniques of strong efficacy to minimise wastage and maximise reuse, and
likewise giving monetary aid to member nations - this shall be used only accomplish the reduction of unnecessary foodwastage, either directly or indirectly;
7. Requires all businesses in member nations to take every reasonable step to reduce the amount of safely-consumable food and drink that is discarded, and implement stock rotation techniques that minimise product expiry, if not already in use; and
8. Compels member nations to implement techniques that minimise food wastage, based on the research published by the International Food Wastage Organisation, where doing so would not be harmful to sapient health, objectively inferior to current methods, extremely expensive, or excessively difficult to accomplish in a reasonable time frame;
where a member state is unable to implement techniques within a reasonable time frame from the IFWO solely due to resource or technology constraints, it must implement them as soon as it is able to do so.
Coauthored by Australian rePublic and Dmitry II.
Vote Recommendation: AGAINST.
Despite good intentions, the proposal fails to outline any way of enforcing the rules it sets in place.
The current proposal fails to take into account nations that do not have the ability or means to enforce the measures laid out in the proposal.
While the resolution at heart is good natured it presents more problems than it fixes by refusing to clarify the method of oversight for enforcing the proposal, the punishment for noncompliance, and the standards by which subsidies will be granted.
The Defense Office believes that this proposal offers no real solutions and is open to exploitation.
The F-14 loving nation of Grater Tovakia
Defense Officer, Central Strategic Committee
Augustin Alliance Defense Office
Summary: vote against