WA Delegate: None.
Last WA Update:
Ekaterinburg Arena is home to a single nation.
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Publishing Industry in Ekaterinburg Arena
The World Census tallied social media complaints from students regarding overpriced textbooks to determine which nations have the largest book publishing industries.
As a region, Ekaterinburg Arena is ranked 10,609th in the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
|1.||The Kvas Stall of NamedState||Corrupt Dictatorship||“Find me when Santa comes”|
- : The King of All Wild Things of the region Where the Wild Things Are cancelled the closure of its embassy in Ekaterinburg Arena.
- : Refounded souls of the region Where the Wild Things Are ordered the closure of its embassy in Ekaterinburg Arena.
- : The Colony of Scruffy Pigeon departed this region for Anontia.
- : Regional Founder The Incorporated States of Bookmaker Eight ceased to exist.
- : Embassy established between Hollow Point and Ekaterinburg Arena.
- : Embassy established between The Embassy and Ekaterinburg Arena.
- : The Emoticons of Smiley Bob of the region Hollow Point agreed to construct embassies.
- : The Incorporated States of Bookmaker Eight agreed to construct embassies with The Embassy.
- : The Incorporated States of Bookmaker Eight proposed constructing embassies with Hollow Point.
- : The Exquisite taste of The Ambassadors Reception of the region The Embassy proposed constructing embassies.
Ekaterinburg Arena Regional Message Board
*The pigeon raises it's head from the pancake, and looks around. It swallows a berry, then pecks at the bacon.*
Probably keep it relatively simple but fun to start with.
We've four regions, so we could pair up to play rock paper scissors.
We can then switch pairs around, so that every region plays each of the others.
That would give us three games each.
We can keep a league table of games just for fun.
Rules (suggest changes!)
Both regions publish polls at exactly the same time.
The polls last 7(?) days
Polls are open to all nations
Poll titles include both region names, and the game title - eg "Rock, Paper, Scissors - Gypsy Lands vs SECFanatics"
Poll options are "Rock", "Paper", and "Scissors"
Whichever option has most votes for your region is the hand you show.
The winning region scores 3 points. Draws score 1 point. Losing scores 0 points.
If the votes are tied for your region's options, you forfiet the game - (unless both regions are tied, in which case we call it a draw.)
The rules are based on this:
The Rejected Realms has invited its allies to a unique, rock-paper-scissors competition. How do regions compete in a rock-paper-scissors competition, you may ask? Great question.
Our regions will compete against each other, two at a time, using regional polls. Each region will hold a regional poll with "rock", "paper" or "scissors" as their options - allowing the regions to choose their hand over a three day period.
With foreknowledge of what the other side is choosing, both regions will have to mobilize their voters to counter the other region's hand before the three days are up!
Section 1: Preparation
1. Both teams will begin their regional poll at precisely the exact same time.
2. If it becomes clear that one teamís regional poll is running earlier than the other teamís regional poll, the match should be restarted and the poll discarded.
3. There will be three options in these regional polls: Rock, Paper or Scissors.
4. Both regional polls will be set to last three days and remain open to all residents.
Section 2: The Game
5. In any match: Rock beats Scissors, Paper beats Rock, Scissors beats Paper.
6. At the conclusion of the polls, if the option with a plurality on oneís teamís regional poll is a winning option (see 2.5) against the option that holds a plurality on the other teamís regional poll, then that team has won the match.
7. At the conclusion of the polls, if both teams hold a plurality with the same option, then the match is a draw.
8. At the conclusion of the polls, if one team has two or more options tied for the most votes in its poll, then that team must concede the match by default.
9. At the conclusion of the polls, if both teams have two or more options tied for the most votes in their polls, then the match is a draw.
10. Players are allowed to change how they vote during a poll at any time.
11: Draws will be resolved with a random winner selected by the lead event organizer.
Section 3: Poll Raiding and Good Faith
10. All residents ought to refrain from ďpoll raidingĒ or manipulating either regionís poll.
The matches will run according to this schedule.
The polls would work very differently if we restricted voting to residents. For example, because I'm in a small region, I could ask my region mates not to vote at all, then at the last minute before the poll closed, cast my vote so as it would beat my opponents vote. I prefer for there to be less control over the outcome.
By opening it up to all nations, the polls can easily be manipulated. Whereas that should be a downside, it means we're all equally open to being manipulated, and we have no control over it. Which to my mind, makes it more of a level playing field, and so more fun.
What do you think?
I'm agreeable to any suggestions, subject to my availability.
During the recent holidays my number of nations expanded considerably. Plus, there are always time demands in real-life. So, I may not be around as much as I would like.
Thanks to Her Ladyship, Gypsy Lands, for volunteering the use of this region.
*Sets out tables of goodies from SECFanatics: Florida oranges, Georgia peaches, Alabama pecans, South Carolina barbecue, bottles of Tennessee sour-mash whisky, Kentucky bourbon, Missouri St Louis-style pizza, Louisiana crawfish etouffee, Arkansas pork-steaks, Mississippi southern fried chicken, and Texas chicken-fried steak with jalapeno poppers*
Oops, should have mentioned that I'm The Ambassadors Reception.
This is a region that was used to host polls during the 2018 Russia World Cup. It accidentally didn't CTE, so we can use it for the meantime, and kill it off at some point in the future if it's no longer needed.
**Sends over a basket of assorted muffins, butter, jam, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and Hershey's kisses**