WA Delegate (non-executive): The Egalitarian Democracy of Karteria (elected )
Founder: The United Insular States of Achipel
Last WA Update:
Embassies: NWI General Assembly, Old West Indies, Conifer, Aukumnian Imperium, Communist Cartel, New Western Empire, Janus, CISB, Gypsy Lands, Novo Brasil, The Embassy, Nordic Lands, Portugal, Latinoamerica Libre, India, Democritus, and 13 others.The Democratic Republic, Federation of Allies, The Interdimensional Community, Roman Byzantine Union, South Pacific, The Socialist Syndicalist Union, The Revolutionary Communist Alliance, Thaecia, Red Wolf Alliance, Greater Middle East, United Faction of Nations, The Republican Antilles, and Union of Independent Regions.
The embassy with Conifer is being withdrawn. Closure expected .
The embassy with Aukumnian Imperium is being withdrawn. Closure expected .
The embassy with The Republican Antilles is being withdrawn. Closure expected .
Tags: Democratic, Eco-Friendly, Egalitarian, Enormous, Free Trade, General Assembly, Independent, Issues Player, LGBT, Liberal, Libertarian, Map, and 13 others.Modern Tech, National Sovereigntist, Neutral, Offsite Chat, Outer Space, Post-Modern Tech, Regional Government, Role Player, Security Council, Serious, Social, Sports, and World Assembly.
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Welfare Programs in New West Indies
Governments ranked highly spend the most on social welfare programs. Nations ranked low tend to have weak or non-existent government welfare.
As a region, New West Indies is ranked 4,842nd in the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
|1.||The Socialist Republic of Faetiria||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“From the Plough to the Stars”|
|2.||The Democratic Republic of Akragas||Left-wing Utopia||“What needs saying is worth saying twice”|
|3.||The Democratic Republic of Izmedu||Left-wing Utopia||“Drante ufanje, mi smo vim”|
|4.||The Egalitarian Democracy of Karteria||Left-wing Utopia||“Amor Vincit Omnia”|
|5.||The Constitutional Monarchy of Volirum||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Today and Tomorrow, we stand together”|
|6.||The Constitutional Monarchy of Farechia||New York Times Democracy||“Strength in unity”|
|7.||The People's Republic of PotaTown||Democratic Socialists||“Proletarians of all countries unite!”|
|8.||The Republic of Vilovia||Left-Leaning College State||“Moving fast and forward”|
|9.||The Kingdom of Bacchanal||Father Knows Best State||“Twirling Toward Freedom”|
|10.||The Constitutional Monarchy of Luraqau||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“United we stand, divided we fall”|
- : The Kingdom of Hulldom departed this region for New Western Empire.
- : The Principality of Blankenheim arrived from New Western Empire.
- : The Allied States of New West Indies departed this region for NWI General Assembly.
- : Lechigrad ceased to exist.
- : The Most Serene Republic of Cymiopolis ordered the closure of embassies between New West Indies and Conifer.
- : The Most Serene Republic of Cymiopolis ordered the closure of embassies between New West Indies and The Republican Antilles.
- : The Most Serene Republic of Cymiopolis ordered the closure of embassies between New West Indies and Aukumnian Imperium.
- : The Social Democracy of Guapya arrived from The Republican Antilles.
- : The Kingdom of The Erusean Kingdom arrived from Lazarus.
- : The Galactic Republic of Ventus Prime arrived from New Western Empire.
New West Indies Regional Message Board
Here's MY platform, and why I think I think I'd be the best candidate for President of the GA:
As we all know, the vote for establishing a Vice President is coming up. Be ensured that, if the resolution passes, I will choose the runner up. Regardless of their ideology, their views will also be important. It is vital that we keep up with the message of unity. We don't want one party running the show, now do we.
Also, activity-wise. We all have noted that roleplay has picked up somewhat. We need to keep it going if we're going to promise new nations active roleplay. We need to continue working with the Secretariat to have this happen.
Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
What I want to see
What I want to do
A steady supply of resolutions for voting
Give citizens an official questionnaire for submitting a proposal.
More GA participation. Proposals must be written by more people. It's not just our votes that should portray our opinions.
Immeadiately get new nations involved
An active Presidency. We need to make sure that there will always be a safeguard against inactivity, not just a VP.
Encourage usage of the GA Channel. Seriously, we can't have unity without proper discussion of the resolutions.
Active government officials.
I've got three resolution ideas of my own lying in wait.
More roleplay, not JUST more government.
Here are both my questionnaires:
1. What is, according to you, the role of a President of the GA?
Making sure the GA does what it is supposed to do.
Keep the Secretariat in check.
Enforce GA law.
Making sure GA resolutions are valid before getting it on the debating and voting table
2. What constitutes disorderly conduct in the Assembly, and how would you respond to it?
Disobeying the Constitution.
When the Judicial System comes into place(Reno and I will make sure it does), we need to make sure the proper officials get into the positions
3. What initiatives (if any) will you deploy to make the silent majority of our citizenry feel welcome and at home in the GA?
It is all about communication. I feel that people don't know about the GA region and then don't get the chance to find out more. We also need to create a way for them to get them started when they want to propose their own resolution.
4. What initiatives (if any) will you take to allow less experienced members to gain sufficient knowledge of the Law, Authorship, and Procedures to allow them to start writing their own bills?
Link AND EXPLAIN all relevant information in a personalised telegram.
Thoroughly discussing any questions they may have.
5. What is, according to you, the purpose of a General Assembly considering that the Secretariat can already issue law-strong executive decrees?
Keeping the Secretariat in check. Exposing them when they act in violation of our Constitution. Reporting them to the founder or immediately ordering their resignation.
6. What would you say to first-time resolution authors who are afraid to submit resolutions by fear of the Assembly judging their competence?
Our Constitution makes sure you cannot be subject to improper behaviour.
Our region is an inclusive and friendly community. We will help you in the right direction if you make any flaws.