by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Southfield RMB

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Confederation of Averra (elected )

Founder: The Commonwealth of Wintermoore

Last WA Update:

World Factbook Entry

Welcome to Southfield! We are a region built on roleplay, and a healthy dose of politics based on our direct democratic system based on Swiss local governance. We hope that you will take the time to read through some of our publications below, and we hope you enjoy your time in Southfield!

Important Links: | LinkWebsite | LinkConstitution | Verfassung | Map | Karte | Resources | Hilfsmittel | LinkCitizens|Bürger | LinkNewspaper | Zeitung | Featured Factbook | Vorgestellte Factbook | LinkRadio-Energy.ch | LinkDiscord | RP Year | RS Jahr: [Summer/Sommer] 1919 CE



Embassies: The League of Conservative Nations, The Embassy, India, Africa, Thaecia, Abydos, Caer Sidi, The Monarchy alliance, The Democratic Commonwealth, Japan, Deutschland, New Western Empire, Old Zealand, Union of Democrats, Montealba, New Reich of Bunicken, and 11 others.The NewsStand, Eastfield, New West Indies, The Moonlight Battle Born, Red Wolf Alliance, Lasagna, Alliance Francophone, Wintermoore, Fylkirvegr, Late Nite Festival, and The United Ascendancy.

Construction of embassies with Portugal has commenced. Completion expected .

Construction of embassies with Arganorh Assembly has commenced. Completion expected .

Tags: Anti-World Assembly, Democratic, Eco-Friendly, Enormous, Featured, LGBT, Map, Multi-Species, Neutral, Non-English, Regional Government, Role Player, and 1 other.Social.

Southfield contains 123 nations, the 131st most in the world.

ActivityHistoryAdministration

Today's World Census Report

The Largest Basket Weaving Sector in Southfield

World Census agents infiltrated a variety of out-of-the-way towns and festivals in order to determine which nations have the most developed Basket Weaving industries.

As a region, Southfield is ranked 5,305th in the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The United Lands of CarjuangaInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Liberté, égalité, fraternité”
2.The Most Serene Republic of The Darling Mermaid DarlingsAnarchy““Kerplunk””
3.The Free Republic of KalantisAnarchy“Soïssi Kalanté j'euone”
4.The City State of EnvallaAnarchy“Frihet sprids som snön”
5.The Metro Administrative Region of MarieholmCivil Rights Lovefest“Snö och is gör oss starka”
6.The Allied States of Alheim RepublicCivil Rights Lovefest“Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno”
7.The United Kingdom of JerretteNew York Times Democracy“Nos gens vont se lever”
8.The Republic of Rhone IslandCivil Rights Lovefest“Strength Through Freedom”
9.The Free State of FreyfordeCivil Rights Lovefest“The People Thrive”
10.The Royal Commonwealth of Cliance IslandsCorporate Bordello“L'amour sur la guerre”
1234. . .1213»

Regional Happenings

More...

Southfield Regional Message Board

Vagngard wrote:At current time there is no way to completely (safely) dismantle the weapons. The weapons were given to us at the end of the War of the States after being confiscated from tribes in Ryumar. Originally meant to be a temporary storage, the Jerrettean government signed a treaty to pay us a fee to house the weapons after the war. In 1908, Jerrette began removing their ownership of some weapons, and asked us to take them off their hands. They asked us to take the 8 we had because they felt no nation in Ashanor, Arganorh, Korasha, or Ryumar could handle the weapons. (nations on these continents were all in an open state of warfare, unlike us who had not been in an open war with anyone since the 1700's during the Fishermen's War.)
We agreed to take the weapons under our former conservative government, and housed them in our Tribal Protectorate in the arctic north, however with the Social Democratic government, there was a wish to spread out responsibility of such a weapon among many people, rather than just one government. There were fears of sabotage by terrorists, or accidental destinations, and therefore with the creation of this mutual defense pact, the nation agreed to distribute the codes to the weapons. No nation can fire them unilaterally, and they are kept under the surveillance of the NDP's observers.

Arganorh can safely say we feel far more comfortable with the northern continents having control of these weapons rather than those in Korasha or Ryumar. We also feel that international regulation of the weapons are best, rather than one nation's government having control of them.

Vagngard wrote:At current time there is no way to completely (safely) dismantle the weapons. The weapons were given to us at the end of the War of the States after being confiscated from tribes in Ryumar. Originally meant to be a temporary storage, the Jerrettean government signed a treaty to pay us a fee to house the weapons after the war. In 1908, Jerrette began removing their ownership of some weapons, and asked us to take them off their hands. They asked us to take the 8 we had because they felt no nation in Ashanor, Arganorh, Korasha, or Ryumar could handle the weapons. (nations on these continents were all in an open state of warfare, unlike us who had not been in an open war with anyone since the 1700's during the Fishermen's War.)
We agreed to take the weapons under our former conservative government, and housed them in our Tribal Protectorate in the arctic north, however with the Social Democratic government, there was a wish to spread out responsibility of such a weapon among many people, rather than just one government. There were fears of sabotage by terrorists, or accidental destinations, and therefore with the creation of this mutual defense pact, the nation agreed to distribute the codes to the weapons. No nation can fire them unilaterally, and they are kept under the surveillance of the NDP's observers.

There isn't a way to defuse the bombs? All you have to do to stabilize a weapon based on thermal-atomic energy is remove the secondary from the primary, remove explosives, and then change the shape of the nuclear fuels. Essentially if the bombs could be built, they can be destroyed. I find it hard to believe that Jerette would create weapons without a way to destroy them, even if they didn't know they would stop using them in the future at the time they were being developed, they still should have engineered a way to dispose of them, in the event they ever wanted to replace them with a new set of missiles, or recycle the secondary and primary.

Gujjubhai Navy

As a result of the recent conflicts and interest in weaponry by many nations across the world with Ryumar being the center of attention regarding it, the Gujjubhai Defence Ministry has announced its intent to build 25 brand new frigates from scraps and traditional and modern knowledge. This will cost a total of 5 billion credit argents and will be fully covered by Gujjubhai’s reserves military funds which have not been used in the past few years. These frigates will patrol Gujjubhaian waters and will protect Gujjubhai from wars and invaders as well as pirates.
It will have the newest technology and can house an attack helicopter at the back as well. This will be the pride of Gujjubhai’s military. A vast majority of people in Gujjubhai are happy with Gujjubhai attaining these ships. These ships are very special as they are fully made in Gujjubhai apart from some IT parts.

https://www.armytimes.com/resizer/-AJ-Qgf_KnZEFbKBZ6-Nd9B3NM4=/1200x630/filters:quality(100)/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-mco.s3.amazonaws.com/public/G4THDBKDRRFMLND7HSF5TNEMBE.png

Gujjubhai wrote:Gujjubhai Navy

As a result of the recent conflicts and interest in weaponry by many nations across the world with Ryumar being the center of attention regarding it, the Gujjubhai Defence Ministry has announced its intent to build 25 brand new frigates from scraps and traditional and modern knowledge. This will cost a total of 5 billion credit argents and will be fully covered by Gujjubhai’s reserves military funds which have not been used in the past few years. These frigates will patrol Gujjubhaian waters and will protect Gujjubhai from wars and invaders as well as pirates.
It will have the newest technology and can house an attack helicopter at the back as well. This will be the pride of Gujjubhai’s military. A vast majority of people in Gujjubhai are happy with Gujjubhai attaining these ships. These ships are very special as they are fully made in Gujjubhai apart from some IT parts.

https://www.armytimes.com/resizer/-AJ-Qgf_KnZEFbKBZ6-Nd9B3NM4=/1200x630/filters:quality(100)/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-mco.s3.amazonaws.com/public/G4THDBKDRRFMLND7HSF5TNEMBE.png

Baton Rouge is willing to work with Gujjubhai in its defense sector to help develop softwares and information technologies for its ships, if necessary and wanted.

The Baton Rouge Free State wrote:Baton Rouge is willing to work with Gujjubhai in its defense sector to help develop softwares and information technologies for its ships, if necessary and wanted.

Gujjubhai would love to work with Baton Rouge to develop proper defensive mechanisms and the most recent and top technology.

The Baton Rouge Free State wrote:There isn't a way to defuse the bombs? All you have to do to stabilize a weapon based on thermal-atomic energy is remove the secondary from the primary, remove explosives, and then change the shape of the nuclear fuels. Essentially if the bombs could be built, they can be destroyed. I find it hard to believe that Jerette would create weapons without a way to destroy them, even if they didn't know they would stop using them in the future at the time they were being developed, they still should have engineered a way to dispose of them, in the event they ever wanted to replace them with a new set of missiles, or recycle the secondary and primary.

We didn't, but since no one else but us knows how to construct the bombs (again a secret) its dangerous to disarm them.

The Arganorh Assembly is Voting on the Removal of Troops from Ryumar to Korasha

As Ryumar has become a bit more stable in recent months, the Arganorh Union is holding a vote to send Arganorhan troops from Ryumar to engage in peacekeeping missions in Korasha. The vote is controversial as some believe that the removal of troops from central Ryumar would cause a power vacuum and bring the region further into chaos.

Hey guys, this region looks so interesting.

Carjuanga wrote:Hey guys, this region looks so interesting.

Hello welcome to Southfield!
Yep we have many styles of government based on Switzerland IRL and our roleplay is quite active and interesting too!

Averra wrote:Heyyy! How are you?

Im great

Forum View

Advertisement