WA Delegate: The Prosperous Land of Kethania (elected )
Last WA Update:
Embassies: NSLeft, Antifa, The Social Liberal Union, The Leftist Assembly, North Korea, The Internationale, The Federation of Anarchist Communes, Anarchy, Peoples Revolutionary Armed Forces, The Potato Alliance, Fylkirvegr, Wintercrest, The Communist Party of China, Libertarian Socialist Confederation, Mariner Trench, The Heros Order, and 20 others.Union of Socialist Soviet Republics, USSR, Marxist Scholars Circle, Communist Cartel, Thalassia, Balder, Albion, Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, The Universal Allegiance, The Peaceful Coffee Shop In Chicago, International Debating Area, North Turkestan, Deutsch Amerikan Empire, Nazi Party Axis, LGBT University, Nova Jane Austinus, Imperium Aryanum, The Region Of Allied Nations, The Communist Blocs Card Factory, and Europeia.
Tags: Anarchist, Anti-Capitalist, Anti-Fascist, Casual, Communist, Democratic, Eco-Friendly, Egalitarian, Feminist, Founderless, Game Player, Gargantuan, and 18 others.General Assembly, Independent, Industrial, Invader, LGBT, Liberal, Magical, Map, National Sovereigntist, Offsite Chat, Offsite Forums, Regional Government, Role Player, Security Council, Serious, Social, Socialist, and World Assembly.
Regional Power: Extremely High
Today's World Census Report
The Most Beautiful Environments in The Communist Bloc
World Census researchers spent many arduous weeks lying on beaches and trekking through rainforests to compile a definitive list of the most attractive and best cared for environments.
As a region, The Communist Bloc is ranked 1,720th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
|1.||The Federal Sovereign State of The palace of God 2||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Workers of the world, unite!”|
|2.||The United Allied States of United Nations of Earth Federation||Left-wing Utopia||“United We Live For Peace On Earth”|
|3.||The Hikûmeta Gel of Mehrabad||Psychotic Dictatorship||“انقلاب پاینده باد”|
|4.||The Independent republic of Dylan Murdoch||Left-wing Utopia||“If you can't dance to it, it's not my revolution”|
|5.||The Democratic Union of Uinted Communist of Africa||Left-wing Utopia||“☭With God guiding the people ,all things are possible ☭”|
|6.||The Socialist Union of Blaist Blaland||Left-wing Utopia||“To Communism Through Science and Socialism!”|
|7.||The Socialist Republics of Vilouki||Corrupt Dictatorship||“Heure par heure, nous continuons”|
|8.||The People's Socialist Republic of Absolutus||Democratic Socialists||“Where there lives a worker there lives a nation”|
|9.||The Confederation of Republics of Huelistan||Left-wing Utopia||“Ni paz entre clases ni guerra entre pueblos”|
|10.||The Proletarian Soviet Republic of Vulga||Left-wing Utopia||“The hell of capitalism is the firm!”|
- : The Nationalist Socialist State of Austrulasia departed this region for The Rejected Realms.
- : The Free Socialist Territories of Radicalania ejected and banned The Nationalist Socialist State of Austrulasia from the region.
- : The Nationalist Socialist State of Austrulasia arrived from The Pact of Three.
- : The United Socialist States of Tchitan arrived from Osiris.
- : The Union Socialist Republic of PXAQ arrived from Lazarus.
- : The Confederacy of Epicurasia arrived from The East Pacific.
- : The Catgirl-Fairy Workers' State of Feyrisshire added a dispatch.
- : The Federation of Yakuts-Kaliningrad departed this region for The Social Liberal Union.
- : The Empire of Strayaa departed this region for Leninglad.
- : The Empire of Strayaa arrived from The South Pacific.
The Communist Bloc Regional Message Board
The General Assembly Resolution under Vote is Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates". Voting Thread is here: https://tcb.red/forum/topic/2399-voting-thread-repeal:-voting-equality-for-freed-inmates-ga
There is currently No Vote Recommendation
You can also read the MoWAA's dispatch below on the WA Resolution above for more information:
The Communist Bloc
Ministry of World Assembly Affairs
This resolution aims to repeal GA#419, which primarily prohibits member nations from denying a non-imprisoned eligible individual the right to vote. The caveat is that GAR#419 also allows non-enfranchisement of criminals under parole or probation and also under incarceration, meaning that GA#419 effectively allows, not restricts denying to prisoners the right to vote. This is the loophole that this repeal aims to solve.
The Communist Bloc's Ministry of World Assembly Affairs has not come to a clear recommendation after a period of voting and discussion. Here is the Pros and Cons Analysis for this Resolution:
• It would no longer be allowable to restrict suffrage for petty crimes (as allowed in GAR#419 Art. (1)(a)(I) such as "voted fraud and other related acts") or for parole or probation as is in a principled democratic socialist society.
• The definition of "criminal" is vague and ambiguous in GAR#419.
• GAR#419 does not really expressly mandate certain acts and only allows them, thus it is unclear what effect its repeal might hold.
• The banning of disenfranchisement for some criminals deemed to be such in a socialist society might limit the ability of some leftist polities to combat reaction.
• The replacement proposal seems to imply an integration of criminals and prisoners in the bourgeoisie democratic system, which can limit leftist agitation and organization in the prisons.
• The WA once again tip-toes on the issue of incarceration, it desires to allow and condone such a capitalist institution rather than simply abolish prisons en masse.
- A lot of the provisions in GAR#419 can be problematic for a socialist democracy even if Article 1 expressly prohibits member nations from denying a non-imprisoned eligible individual the right to vote, such as Article 1(a)(i) which allows non-enfranchisement for perpetrators of petty crime such as "voted fraud and other related acts". Queue the fact that "voter fraud" is often used as a euphemism to deny enfranchisement to minorities by reactionaries such as in Amerikka. Another problematic is non-enfranchisement for people in parole or probation.
- However, the integration of prisoner populations to the bourgeoisie democratic system is just as problematic. In America for example, prisoners have often proved to be one of the most revolutionary groups of leftists due to the fact that they experience heightened levels of repression and oppression from the imperialist system. Revolutionary leftist groups such as Black Panther Party and the Young Patriots have organized among prisoners for example.
- It would be better for a capitalist state to restrict these groups the right to vote to hasten their revolutionary fervor, rather than integrate them into bourgeoisie democracy and channel such revolutionary energies into, say Democrats for example. Any replacement resolution Tinhampton or any other WA Author would want to write to allow prisoners the right to vote would only play to this and lead to parallels of Joe Biden visiting prisons.
- However, as GAR#419 simply allows some of the said acts, and does not expressly either prohibit or mandate them, the significance of such repeal is unclear.
- I would rather vote ABSTAIN or NAY if this comes to vote.
The Communist Bloc's Ministry of World Assembly Affairs will not issue a clear recommendation for the General Assembly Resolution under vote Repeal: “Voting Equality for Freed Inmates”, though we encourage nations of TCB to consider the above Pros and Cons Analysis and other opinions upon deciding how to vote.
New Voting Thread on the SC Resolution under Vote "Commend Honeydewistania" - https://tcb.red/forum/topic/2405-voting-thread-commend-honeydewistania-sc
New Voting Thread on the GA Resolution under Queue "Freedom of Association" - https://tcb.red/forum/topic/2406-voting-thread-freedom-of-association-ga
TCB Citizens, please vote on the forum voting threads above and express your opinion, as this determines how our WA Delegate would vote! Residents (Non-Citizens) can also express their opinion and vote through a TG on the nation Ministry of World Assembly Affairs.
Well, did I miss anything important in the 2-3 months I was out?
How do you think about Vietnam?
Vietnam is a good country.
Thank you for notifying us, mod team is on it.