WA Delegate (non-executive): The Confederated Communes of Proletaire (elected )
Last WA Update:
Embassies: Antifa, The Red Fleet, NSLeft, The MT Army, Mariner Trench, North Korea, Democratic Socialist Assembly, Social Liberal Union, The Leftist Assembly, The Communist Bloc, Thalassia, Interregional Legislative Coalition, and Libertarian Socialist Confederation.
Construction of embassies with The Red Guards has commenced. Completion expected .
Tags: Anarchist, Anti-Capitalist, Anti-Fascist, Casual, Communist, Democratic, Eco-Friendly, Enormous, Feminist, Independent, LGBT, Non-English, and 5 others.Offsite Chat, Offsite Forums, Regional Government, Serious, and Socialist.
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Furniture Restoration Industry in The Internationale
World Census analysts spend quiet weekends in the countryside in order to determine which nations have the largest Furniture Restoration industries.
As a region, The Internationale is ranked 12,545th in the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
|1.||The Spacefaring Corporate Entity of Saint Abbra||Compulsory Consumerist State||“Founded on your Right to Private Property”|
|2.||The Socialist Republic of Al-Aezam||Left-Leaning College State||“To the Final Victory!”|
|3.||The Constitutional Dictatorship of The Republic of the Northern Star||Democratic Socialists||“May the North Star forever guide you”|
|4.||The Confederated Communes of Minahasa||Left-wing Utopia||“Si Tou Timou Tumou Tou”|
|5.||The Empire of Chuttbott2||Capitalist Paradise||“We are a test”|
|6.||The Republic of Gohlis||Civil Rights Lovefest||“TEGAN DELETE THIS FFS!!”|
|7.||The Republic of Courelli in TI||Anarchy||“Nobilitatis non stemma character”|
|8.||The Community of Turkish Illuminati Community||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Mission completed. Respect +”|
|9.||The Republic of United Metal Republic||Libertarian Police State||“Rock N Roll All Night N Party Everyday”|
|10.||The United Socialist States of Doultrenia||Democratic Socialists||“Unity & Strength!”|
Last poll: “Have you joined the World Assembly?”
- : The United Socialist States of Krolland 2 arrived from The North Pacific.
- : The Commonwealth of Imperial Pieserged departed this region for Death Watch.
- : Shivpuri ceased to exist.
- : The People's Republic of The E departed this region for The North Pacific.
- : The People's Republic of The E arrived from The North Pacific.
- : The Rogue Nation of Ave Nocturnes departed this region for States of Xaria.
- : The Darmstadtium of Ds arrived from Balder.
- : The People's Republic of Sebistan departed this region for Cynosure.
- : The People's Republic of Sebistan arrived from The East Pacific.
- : Embassy established between Libertarian Socialist Confederation and The Internationale.
The Internationale Regional Message Board
Well, China's economic policies after Mao speak for themselves, don't they? "Socialism with Chinese characteristics" isn't socialism at all. China had sadly slid back to capitalism. They did this by decollectivizing land and redistributing it to a select few party cadres, and allowing the bourgeoisie to exist by selling land and industries to private entities. It's still heavily controlled by the state, yes, but it's decidedly not socialist. Huawei, for example, is owned by Ren Zhengfei, a private entrepreneur. Jack Ma, though a party member, is China's richest man, owns Alibaba, and advocates a market economy.
Now, why do I say China is imperialist? Recall Lenin's work. China's state capitalism has allowed the existence of monopoly capital, which in itself, is ruled by finance capital. Most notably, look at China's "Belt Road Initiative". Look at how China goes to foreign countries like Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Tonga, Zambia, and many more and pulls them into a debt-trap. Look at how China dictates foreign policy to countries like the Philippines in exchange for economic provisions. China is not only state capitalist. It has attained the highest form of capitalism - imperialism.
The nature of the US-China conflict in Hong Kong must then be viewed through the lens of inter-imperialist conflict. And as such, the current series of protests must be taken advantage of by revolutionary cadres committed to socialism in Hong Kong. That's what I mean by "educating the masses to wage revolution". They must capitalize on the opportunity and direct the protests away from its US-backed nature and towards socialism. So yeah. I hope I made my points clearer, and I'm sorry if my initial post came off as troll-ish.
Here are a few sources that would be useful:
Do you expect the CCP to have a commissar with a loaded gun in every factory watching over every capitalist boss? Because they are integrated into a global production chain and that's what it takes to sell. You may not agree with that strategy but there's no point in pretending it's irrational or some betrayal. It is a conscious strategy to avoid the problems that the Soviet Union and other socialist economies of the 20th century suffered in attempting to delink from the imperialist world economy. Whether it works out or not it has to be taken seriously because repeating the slow stagnation of the Soviet Union is not really an option. As long as it is more profitable to run an industrial operation in China than it is in the West, essentially "free" capital (in the form of factories, infrastructure, and technology) will flow from the West to China.
The B&R is not a charity organization and should not be considered as such. Xi Jinping has pledged to invest over US$1 trillion into it and you can’t expect Beijing to assume they don’t care if the money delivered as loans never gets paid back. Nonetheless, developing nations should have ways to resolve debt issues and that’s exactly what Beijing is doing now. Creating debt messes only causes more chaos and so Chinese governments do not gain extra benefits from ‘debt trap diplomacy.’
How can the AIIB avoid the damage done by the World Bank and others to the environment and indigenous livelihoods? How can China promote infrastructure investments that drive local development through diversity and sustainability, and not simply serve its own need for export outlets? The challenge, in other words, is to ensure that the AIIB and Silk Road Fund do not simply become East Asian counterparts of the IMF and World Bank. Given that OBOR is a contest for institutional influence in East Asia, the deciding factor for success or failure may be the competitiveness of its guiding discourses. China must promote a message of social justice and equitable development to counter the soft power of institutional transition that the United States has pushed since the 1980s.
The idea that China is an "imperialist" power is not new, and it is as wrong now as it was then. Just like China was wrong when it labelled the USSR as an imperialist power on compare with the US.
I don’t know much about this specific issue to be honest, so I wouldn’t mind correction on this, but I would think the continued existence of China Coal alone proves that the country is not full communist. What kind of communist country willingly assists in destroying the earth for profit?
While environmentalism is commonly heavily connected with socialist ideas and movements, it is not considered one of the main tenets of communism, although I could easily imagine why it would be heavily questionable to have the latter and not the former.
Personally I would say that something that makes China a not "full communist" society, as you say, may be the fact that the state still exists. But hey, that's just me.
Nobody has ever gone "full communist". Communism means there's no state. Marxist-Leninists argue that for communism to exist the world must first be socialist. Anarchists think we can go straight to communism. (Basically. This is oversimplified.) A socialist country can disrespect the environment, as disingenuous as it sounds. Socialism is based on who owns the means of production and not what policies the government has (which is why Nordic countries like Sweden and Denmark are not socialist).
Of course not; there are no capitalist bosses in socialist society. If China's solution to "avoiding the mistakes of the Soviet Union" (which btw were caused by bringing the bourgeoisie back) is to engage in capitalism, then it's capitalism.
Now, I'm not forgetting that Lenin and Mao both understand the need for the bourgeoisie in the transitory phase of socialist reconstruction. They have the means to create national industry and are the keys to break from global imperialist subservience (something that Castro's Cuba failed to do, instead relying on Soviet aid). But once a country can stand on its own then the workers' state should take over and push out the bourgeoisie, to ensure that they do not fall into the trap of state capitalism.
Except it's not. Here's what's going on here, in the Philippines.
China provides loans to the Philippine government with suspicious terms and through suspect means. One of the clauses states that "patrimonial assets" can be used as collateral, i.e. literally giving land and natural resources to China in exchange for money. China wins contracts for various infrastructure projects in the Philippines, despite higher costs and cheaper options. China does not promote local employment or development, since part of the contract states that only Chinese workers get to work on the projects. Not to mention the projects themselves displace indigenous people and disrupt local economies. Any attempts from these local communities to oppose said projects are met with violence from the Philippine military, under the excuse of "they were actually communists". China gets leniency in the Spratlys and the disputed West Philippine Sea, with the government allowing China to push out Filipino fishermen and build artificial islands. All of these point to one thing: China is using its economic superiority to take the Philippines' natural resources and dictate foreign affairs.
You might say this is just one example. Yes, yes it is. But one example is enough.
What I meant to emphasize is that the Chinese government is threatening the environment not for the sake of the worker (if that’s even possible) but for the sake of profit and retaining power—they’re in fact outsourcing their coal to make even more profit as of this year. And the profit motive itself fundamentally makes a country capitalist, not communist or socialist or anything else.
I must say that China has never been a communist nation, moreover when having achieved communism there would be no nation or state to begin with. It was and still is more like a socialist country, with the definition of a socialist country as "the state owning the majority/all of means of production". Nowadays China's state owned enterprises (SOEs) contribute to about 1/3 of China's economy output. What about the rest of the economy, the private sector though?
Well on the surface they can be called private sector of China's economy. Except that when you have investigated deeper down, many of the private sector's companies such as Alibaba Group which was founded by Jack Ma - the richest man in Asia, and a CCP party member. Yeah, you heard that right, he's a communist. What about Huawei, a giant tech company? On the surface it's a privately owned company, but there are evidences that it's also owned and controlled by CCP, watch this video for details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx1tEXrYZLE
That's just some example, not to mention the All China Federation of Union in China which is omnipresent in the companies operating in China, which ultimately answers to the China Communist Party, so as you can see, the private sector of China's economy is not as private as you may think, but there's also a gray zone of CCP meddling and owning.
That's the take, there are outright state owned enterprises, then there are also the state's co-owned enterprises, and the Party owned enterprises/means of productions/capitals (meaning financial assets), and crony capitalists in China who having close ties with gov/the Party. So you can't simply look at the public sector of China's economy to determine whether China is more socialist or more capitalist. It actually runs much deep down than that.
Waiting for the Bourgeois to bring about a revolution to pave way for a Socialist revolution in late stage capitalist countries is what caused most Marxist-Leninist states to devolve into degenerated worker states. This is my opinion.
Since the forums are currently unable to be used for voting, we will revert to the old method of voting on the RMB.
You may vote for, abstain, or veto by posting on the RMB. I will tally the votes and routinely post updates regarding the status of the proposals on the RMB. If I overlook tallying your vote, please let me know. Remember that any veto must be explained, and that no comrade is allowed to cast multiple votes from multiple nations.
MATTERS UP FOR THE VOTE, ENDING OCTOBER 25TH, 2019 --- 3 DAYS REMAINING
- V. Foreign Policy
- 3. Votes conclude at midnight U.S. Eastern Time (UTC -5/-4 in summer) after 7 days from the nearest midnight.
2. Embassy Requirements
- 2. Regions with the Anti-Communist, Capitalist, Fascist, Imperialist, Mercenary, Monarchist, Patriarchal, Puppet Storage, Theocratic, or Totalitarian tags are ineligible to construct embassies with The Internationale.
5. Regions maintaining embassies with regions with the Anti-Communist, Capitalist, Imperialist, Patriarchal, or Fascist tags are ineligible to hold embassies with The Internationale.
- VI. Democratic Mandate
- 2. Voting Conduct
- 2. Votes are cast on the off-site forum of The Internationale, unless otherwise unavailable. If the off-site forum is unavailable, then votes will be cast on the Regional Message Board.
- 3. Consensus
- ▪ Consensus decision-making is used for Charter ratification, Charter amendment, legislation, treaty ratification, treaty annulment, nation ejection, nation banning, nation unbanning, embassy construction, embassy closure, and other proposals not otherwise covered in this article.
- 4. Elections
- 1. Twenty days prior to the conclusion of the term of any sitting elected representative, a period for nominations will open for a new representative. Comrades may self-nominate themselves as a candidate, or be nominated by other comrades. Any comrade nominated by a third party must publicly accept the nomination to be considered an eligible candidate. All candidates are encouraged to develop and share a platform for their candidacy. Nominations will close after ten days.
5. Elected terms begin precisely at the conclusion of the election
6. Elected representatives may voluntarily resign, or have their mandate revoked (recalled) and term ended upon a two-thirds vote of Comrade Members casting votes. This resignation, or revocation will trigger a by-election. Nominations will open for three days. After that, and if more than two Comrade Members have been nominated, an instant-runoff vote with a duration of three days will begin.
- VII. Regional Administration
- 1. Comrade WA Delegate
- 3. It is the duty of the Comrade WA Delegate to maintain a legislative archive, up-to-date Charter, regional history, and list of previous General Councils to be displayed on the off-site forums of The Internationale, to hold votes on all valid proposals, to execute the results of all passed votes within the scope of the WA Delegate’s powers, to involve themselves and hold votes on matters concerning WA issues, to remove nations from The Internationale who do not comply with the duties of Comrade Membership and Code of Conduct, to provide leadership and guidance to the General Council, to fulfill the duties of all other elected councillors in event of their inactivity, or in the absence of democratically-elected councillors, and to be a diplomatic and competent representative of the democratic will of the Comrade Members of The Internationale
- 2. Councillors
- 3. The Councillor for External Affairs will have Embassy authority. It is the duty of the Councillor for External Affairs to hold votes on all valid embassy requests, to execute the results of all passed embassy requests, to assess the validity of all incoming embassy requests, embassy proposals, and established embassies in accordance with The Internationale’s Foreign Policy, to communicate the requirements for embassies as specified in The Internationale’s Foreign Policy to current embassies that do not meet them and to ineligible regions proposing embassies, to seek out new allies for The Internationale, to foster good relations between The Internationale and its allies, to represent The Internationale in alliances, to plan and promote inter-regional events, and to be a diplomatic and competent representative of the democratic will of the Comrade Members of The Internationale.
4. The Councillor for Internal Affairs will have Appearance and Poll authority. It is the duty of the Councillor for Internal Affairs to create up-to-date dispatches for matters up for the vote and a legislative archive to be displayed below the World Factbook Entry of The Internationale, and promote activities of the Internationale in the forums and the regional Discord server, encourage communication through polls, to create and promote entertainment events within The Internationale, to encourage amusement and participation through regional polls, to promote membership in the off-site forums, Discord, World Assembly, and The Red Fleet, and to be a diplomatic and competent representative of the democratic will of the Comrade Members of The Internationale.
5. The Councillor for Moderation will have Border Control authority. It is the duty of the Councillor for Moderation to remove nations from The Internationale who do not comply with the duties of Comrade Membership, to monitor the Regional Message Board and other offsite communications channels affiliated with The Internationale to monitor the Regional Message Board, Discord server, off-site forums, and any other channels of The Internationale, in order to silence users on the Discord and off-site forums, or remove nations from The Internationale who do not comply with the duties of Comrade Membership and Code of Conduct, and to be a diplomatic and competent representative of the democratic will of the Comrade Members of The Internationale.
- 3. Custodian
- 2. It is the duty of the Custodian to open nominations for elections, to hold elections, to enable authority for Councillors and a duly-elected Comrade WA Delegate when it is reasonably secure to do so, to disable authority at the conclusion of a Councillor or Comrade WA Delegate’s term, to promote WA endorsement of the democratically-elected Comrade WA Delegate, to provide leadership and guidance to the WA Delegate and General Council, to remove nations from The Internationale who do not comply with the duties of Comrade Membership and Code of Conduct, to review the disciplinary actions of the Comrade WA Delegate and Councillor for Moderation, to administer other offsite communications channels affiliated with The Internationale, to administer the off-site forums and Discord of The Internationale, and to execute the duties of the Comrade WA Delegate in the absence of a democratically-elected Comrade WA Delegate.
- 4.Root Administrator
- 1. The Root Administrator is a comrade who possesses root access to the website and off-site forums of The Internationale.
2. It is the duty of the Root Administrator to maintain continuous access to the website and off-site forums The Internationale, to protect against abuse of power over The Internationale’s website and off-site forums by elected officials, to rollback any changes made by abuse of power or error of a Comrade WA Delegate, Councillor, or Founder on the website and off-site forums, to develop and maintain the off-site bot, Lenin, and ensure the security of its tools and code, and to maintain The Internationale’s RMB archive, whenever necessary.
3. The Root Administrator of The Internationale reserves the right to transfer all or some of their powers and responsibilities to a competent comrade, or comrades, of their own choosing, in an official capacity through formal resignation, or unofficial capacity by verbal delegation.
FOR: That Place Where We Live, Courelli in TI, Attempted Socialism, The Russo-Ukrainian Federation, Greater Vietnam, Al-Aezam, Ioseb Stalin, Mesopoto, Nusantara Republics, Ralverany, Ni Ife, Mordant Prime, Lecosia, Asian Communes, The Evergreen Dreamscapes, North Templeton, Free Santa Rosa, Vanguard, Ayanka, The Noviaskiet
ABSTAIN: Green Bower