by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The South Pacific Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .20,19420,19520,19620,19720,19820,19920,200. . .21,69421,695»

New Haudenosaunee Confederacy wrote:It's all WA endorsements. I'm probably just gonna leave (the WA) once the voting ends, although I probably won't end up voting anyway.

You can turn the notifications off.
That is sad. I like it when it is mentioned since then I think, wow people are discussing me well I'm gone.

Also unrelated, the real reason somy must win is so I don't have to click a button to unendorse him XD.

New Haudenosaunee Confederacy wrote:I LOVE LOGGING ONTO NATIONSTATES WITH 16 DAMN NOTIFICATIONS.

Oh, you should totally be Delegate, then.

***

Relatedly, there are only a few hours left of the Delegate election and, whilst it would be unrealistic to expect people's opinions to be Unaffected by the recent DM campaigning issue, I would urge everyone who had any uncertainty about who to vote for to press both candidates on the issues related to actually being Delegate and to decide on that basis.

I continue to not be voting as I'm confident that both candidates would do an excellent job and, indeed, would put my meagre efforts to shame. I look forward to being so ashamed be either of them.

Good luck oh alphabetically ascendant Aumeltopia and Roavin!

Spaceania wrote:You can turn the notifications off.
That is sad. I like it when it is mentioned since then I think, wow people are discussing me well I'm gone.

Also unrelated, the real reason somy must win is so I don't have to click a button to unendorse him XD.

That is laziest reason to support a candidate. I disagree with your choice, but not your reasoning.

Home now, so I have a few minutes of computer time.

Agalaesia wrote:Roavin, I am not saying that you are in the wrong, but I would like to say hat you could handled the situation in a better way. -snip- The real problem is not the LegComm nomination (which we'll probably never know the whole truth of until the records have been released), but, it is the fact that you failed to include IoU in discusions.

The LegComm stuff is pretty much out in the open at this point and everybody (except Islands) is on the same page wrt how it went down.

Agalaesia wrote:Secondly, you indirectly accuse Aumeltopia and IoU of Smear campaigning, however, -snip- Could you also provide clarity on the above metioned questions? Thanks.

To be fair to Somy, it was pretty much Islands' doing - all Somy did was ask the question (which is fair, see below). Islands was messaging a bunch of people with a screenshot from that group (specifically https://i.imgur.com/SOCMFC8.png ) and encouraging people to vote RON.

Drystar wrote:I have this ask, since I donít frequent our forums, but does this kind of stuff happen there often? I canít speak for the rest of the rmb crew, but these last minute exposes make me disgruntled.

Drystar wrote:This whole little surprise reminds me of elections pre Milograd, when there were allegations thrown about left and right about how the older nations had a lock on all politics, and the younger nations couldnít get heard. Iíd thought TSP had outgrown that bs.

It's pretty much a thing again ever since Islands showed up, who came into the region with a big populist anti-establishment message, reaching out to newer nations, and getting ridiculously close in his first election because of it. That I and a few other people thought this was suspicious and reeked of a plant trying to subvert things shouldn't be a surprise.

Quiescent wrote:If there was concern Roavin acted inappropriately, it should have been publicly addressed earlier in the process.

And the record shows that I really don't mind responding to public criticism. It's when it's in the backrooms and I can't respond to it that it bugs me.

Aumeltopia wrote:Roavin later told people that the reason he didn't add Islands to the chat was because he was concerned that Islands might be a security risk..... but he told no one else in the chat about those suspicions, instead deciding to keep them to himself and make the decision without explaining anything. Combined with the gloating-like posts, I was definitely under the impression that he was just refusing to add Islands out of spite (they had already had an ongoing feud by that point).

Yup, that matches my presumption from earlier:

Roavin wrote:Yeah I wasn't as clear with my reasoning as I should have. I presume because of that, Somy thought it was me being petty over Islands winning that election rather than legitimate concern.

So - yes, mea culpa, I should have said something there at the time.

Aumeltopia wrote:I think shows that he does have trouble with real transparency -- letting people know about things that are relevant for them but he thinks could be better done without consultation, just by him alone. That's not something new; it's a part of who he is that I've seen in multiple places while working with him.

I wouldn't say it's like that by default, but I've done that several times so it's fair criticism. That makes two of us at least :P

Agalaesia wrote:In reality, the whole election has been tarnished. I'm shocked with the proceedings today, and I really hope this won't influence the elections too much. I see that both parties have responded with their characteristic aplomb. Roavin has decided to smear campaign, and this will damage him politically, and Islands has also decided to smear campaign. Trust me, none of you will get of Scot free.

I did everything in the open and I didn't lie about anything. >_>

But yeah, I liked how the election was going up until today. It was close, nobody knew how things were going to go, it was 98% positive campaigning on both sides by two candidates with immense respect for each other, and now ... this.

Aumeltopia wrote:Noooo, don't leave the WA! :( We need you around for SWAN :P

I just don't really care for the WA anymore, sowwy.

Spaceania wrote:You can turn the notifications off.
That is sad. I like it when it is mentioned since then I think, wow people are discussing me well I'm gone.

Also unrelated, the real reason somy must win is so I don't have to click a button to unendorse him XD.

Iím not unendorsing any one, that requires work and weíve already established I donít do that

Quiescent wrote:That is laziest reason to support a candidate. I disagree with your choice, but not your reasoning.

Thank you.

Drystar wrote:Iím not unendorsing any one, that requires work and weíve already established I donít do that

Well at the beginning it looked like Somy was easily gonna win so I endorsed him in preparation.
Not gonna be as easy for Somy as I thought.

New Haudenosaunee Confederacy wrote:It's all WA endorsements. I'm probably just gonna leave (the WA) once the voting ends, although I probably won't end up voting anyway.

Don't leave

A part of me wants to vote just to create a tie...

Ahhh last minute election corruption, intrigue and scandals..... It's like watching an LC election all we're missing is a penguin and/or a goddess and a half dozen court cases on the forums.

*Starts passing out bags of marshmallows*

Linguiniland wrote:Ahhh last minute election corruption, intrigue and scandals..... It's like watching an LC election all we're missing is a penguin and/or a goddess and a half dozen court cases on the forums.

*Starts passing out bags of marshmallows*

What size of marshmallows? What brand? And what colour/color?
And no google don't auto-correct colour to color.

Linguiniland wrote:Ahhh last minute election corruption, intrigue and scandals..... It's like watching an LC election all we're missing is a penguin and/or a goddess and a half dozen court cases on the forums.

*Starts passing out bags of marshmallows*

This almost makes me want to run for LC... but that would require work

Roavin wrote:
But yeah, I liked how the election was going up until today. It was close, nobody knew how things were going to go, it was 98% positive campaigning on both sides by two candidates with immense respect for each other, and now ... this.

The affair does cast a pall over things. If Aumeltopia wins, it may be due to Islands.

So...we should just call the whole thing off and keep Erinor.

Quiescent wrote:The affair does cast a pall over things. If Aumeltopia wins, it may be due to Islands.

So...we should just call the whole thing off and keep Erinor.

Well it all depends on if I will still get my promised biscuit from Somy

Quiescent wrote:The affair does cast a pall over things. If Aumeltopia wins, it may be due to Islands.

So...we should just call the whole thing off and keep Erinor.

Nope. As much as I love Erinor, letís keep our democratic process please.
Also, if Roa wins, it might be due to Islands too; I know a couple people have switched their Somy votes because of him.

Honestly, I don't mind losing. I thought I was going to lose anyway and am amazed it even got this close!

Somy would/will make a fine Delegate.

North Prarie wrote:Nope. As much as I love Erinor, letís keep our democratic process please.
Also, if Roa wins, it might be due to Islands too; I know a couple people have switched their Somy votes because of him.

Democracy? Screw democracy. Let's make Auphelia our queen and turn TSP into a monarchy.

New Haudenosaunee Confederacy wrote:Democracy? Screw democracy. Let's make Auphelia our queen and turn TSP into a monarchy.

Better yet lets all just recognize AUPHELIA as our goddess and turn TSP into a theocracy.

Linguiniland wrote:Better yet lets all just recognize AUPHELIA as our goddess and turn TSP into a theocracy.

Yes

Linguiniland wrote:Better yet lets all just recognize AUPHELIA as our goddess and turn TSP into a theocracy.

No way am I taking orders from her.

Democracy is the river. I wish that we meet this discord all with congeniality and integrity, for we must uphold our democratic ideals.

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazedóand gazedóbut little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

Drystar wrote:No way am I taking orders from her.

Yes you are, and you'll ask for it too!

"Welcome to Drystar's Dreary Dinner Diner, may I take your order please?"

Roavin wrote:Yes you are, and you'll ask for it too!

"Welcome to Drystar's Dreary Dinner Diner, may I take your order please?"

Sigh... would you like to hear the blue plate special?

Islands of unity wrote:Idk how to fix this, I put the message I wanted in the quote somehow

Thanks bud! I got your nice message. I do that all the time Islands of unity!!!

It's fun to be an ultra maroon!!!

Curlyhoward wrote:Thanks bud! I got your nice message. I do that all the time Islands of unity!!!

It's fun to be an ultra maroon!!!

Now now, we must not poke fun of our forumside brethren when they come to visit.

«12. . .20,19420,19520,19620,19720,19820,19920,200. . .21,69421,695»

Advertisement