by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The Western Isles Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .22,17222,17322,17422,17522,17622,17722,178. . .22,20822,209»

Miklania wrote:What are you actually trying to crusade against? The crusades were not random events, they were a very late response to a grave danger to what was left of Christendom.

Well theoretically, doubling with AM's comments on himself and Roendavar having Pagan religions, I'm sure we could work something out. Maybe, pilgrims from kingdoms within the Holy Austren Confederation get killed with a misunderstanding with Pagan soldiers in a journey to a holy site in the region, for now lets call it city x, and the Papal States within the HAC calls a crusade on this. I mean, the news would most likely come through word of mouth and would definitely be greatly exaggerated as it made its way back to the Mesder region.

Austrovik-Germania wrote:Well theoretically, doubling with AM's comments on himself and Roendavar having Pagan religions, I'm sure we could work something out. Maybe, pilgrims from kingdoms within the Holy Austren Confederation get killed with a misunderstanding with Pagan soldiers in a journey to a holy site in the region, for now lets call it city x, and the Papal States within the HAC calls a crusade on this. I mean, the news would most likely come through word of mouth and would definitely be greatly exaggerated as it made its way back to the Mesder region.

And havalland was part of the HAC at the time

Athara Magarat wrote:https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/276069920901431318/622346886413549568/Screenshot_212.png

Yo. Make sure you tell me when you get something you also asked me to make so I don't have to spend time working on it...

Havalland wrote:And havalland was part of the HAC at the time

Exactly

Belle Ilse en Terre can join too, mesder is basically just Europe

Hello! Here is my application!

How did you hear about The Western Isles? - ReGiOn FiLtErS

What's some information about yourself (hobbies, interests, country, etc.)? - Hobbies: FŮTBOL, Beer, Grilling Meats :) Interests: Same things I guess. Country: ARGENTINAAAAAAAAAAAA

What kind of nation are you trying to make? - A Patagonia - like country. Sparsely populated, naturally blessed, cold...

Havalland wrote:Belle Ilse en Terre can join too, mesder is basically just Europe

Yeah yeah, I think setting up a forum thread for this would be a good idea

Glaciaria wrote:Hello! Here is my application!

How did you hear about The Western Isles? - ReGiOn FiLtErS

What's some information about yourself (hobbies, interests, country, etc.)? - Hobbies: FŮTBOL, Beer, Grilling Meats :) Interests: Same things I guess. Country: ARGENTINAAAAAAAAAAAA

What kind of nation are you trying to make? - A Patagonia - like country. Sparsely populated, naturally blessed, cold...

Welcome to the Isles!

Athara Magarat wrote:You guys could have me and Roendavar. We to this very day, we are the last pagan bastions in TWI.

Inb4 the Deus Vult comments from the Agadarian infidel / heretic

That really depends how you define paganism tho, like Gyalamism is just a codified and centralised form of a Mundhum fringe movement.

www.glaciaria.com/overview

Introduction

Background:

The Republic of Glaciaria is an island nation encompassing the southeasternmost tip of The Western Isles, with the Paine (Blue) Mountains as its dividing line. The region east of the mountains has glacial fjords and a temperate rainforest, while the western side features rugged steppes, grasslands and vast fields. Glaciaria’s famed ENS-1 highway passes the pinnacles of Mount Ohagua and Espanet Glacier in Glacier National Park.

Geography

Climate:

The southern regions of Glaciaria have a sub-arctic climate, characterized by strong winds and not too much abundant rainfall. The average annual rainfall is between 800 mm and 200 mm per year. In northern Glaciaria, the climate is relatively mild in autumn and spring, but windy days are very frequent.

Terrain:

Glaciaria is made up of land that encompasses the Paine Mountain Range, vast grassy plains and steppe, temperate rainforest, fjords and rocky coasts. The landscapes characteristic of this diverse landscape form important strongholds for species including Glaciarian Guanacos; the endangered Nauhael Cat and the Ehetun Condor.

Natural Resources:

Timber, mighty rivers, deposits of gold, silver, copper and lignite

Glaciarians & their Society

Population:

959,326 (as of 2019)

Nationality:

Noun: Glaciarian[s]
Adjective: Glaciarian

Ethnic Groups:

Mixed Verdonian - Natives, Verdonians, Natives, Others

Languages:

Oçitania - Verdonnei, Native Languages, Others

Religions:

Roman Catholicism and Judaism

Population Distribution:

The population is concentrated on the northwestern coast.

Major Urban Areas - by population:

d’Enveja [Largest] 117,963; De l’Apisme [Capital] 79,081; Cote-Du-l'Astre [City] 46,753

Literacy:

Total: 84%


d'Enveja - the largest city, on the northwestern coast at the foothills of Mount Vezian
Read factbook

factbook is done yay

Glaciaria wrote:
www.glaciaria.com/overview

Introduction

Background:

The Republic of Glaciaria is an island nation encompassing the southeasternmost tip of The Western Isles, with the Paine (Blue) Mountains as its dividing line. The region east of the mountains has glacial fjords and a temperate rainforest, while the western side features rugged steppes, grasslands and vast fields. Glaciaria’s famed ENS-1 highway passes the pinnacles of Mount Ohagua and Espanet Glacier in Glacier National Park.

Geography

Climate:

The southern regions of Glaciaria have a sub-arctic climate, characterized by strong winds and not too much abundant rainfall. The average annual rainfall is between 800 mm and 200 mm per year. In northern Glaciaria, the climate is relatively mild in autumn and spring, but windy days are very frequent.

Terrain:

Glaciaria is made up of land that encompasses the Paine Mountain Range, vast grassy plains and steppe, temperate rainforest, fjords and rocky coasts. The landscapes characteristic of this diverse landscape form important strongholds for species including Glaciarian Guanacos; the endangered Nauhael Cat and the Ehetun Condor.

Natural Resources:

Timber, mighty rivers, deposits of gold, silver, copper and lignite

Glaciarians & their Society

Population:

959,326 (as of 2019)

Nationality:

Noun: Glaciarian[s]
Adjective: Glaciarian

Ethnic Groups:

Mixed Verdonian - Natives, Verdonians, Natives, Others

Languages:

Oçitania - Verdonnei, Native Languages, Others

Religions:

Roman Catholicism and Judaism

Population Distribution:

The population is concentrated on the northwestern coast.

Major Urban Areas - by population:

d’Enveja [Largest] 117,963; De l’Apisme [Capital] 79,081; Cote-Du-l'Astre [City] 46,753

Literacy:

Total: 84%


d'Enveja - the largest city, on the northwestern coast at the foothills of Mount Vezian
Read factbook

factbook is done yay

I like it, nice and clean.

Hi all, didnt get on this weekend spent more awake time in cars and planes since Friday than not, still got a good 8 hours ahead of me until I get home. And then I get to go to work!

Way to not steal real life headlines. Are you going somewhere with this as a plotline?

Miklania wrote:Way to not steal real life headlines. Are you going somewhere with this as a plotline?

Its a semi-continuation of my current affairs with Scant. And yeah, kinda didn't have much to write about but yeno any news is good news.

Man, I really want to make that country I proposed last night, but I don't wanna ruin everyone else's history that's intertwined with mine.

Brulafi wrote:Man, I really want to make that country I proposed last night, but I don't wanna ruin everyone else's history that's intertwined with mine.

Do it.

SO how's erryones daayyyyyy

Austrovik-Germania wrote:viewtopic.php?f=4&t=337003&p=36224311#p36224311
Woohoo.

Are we going to expect substantial increase on oil price?

Brulafi wrote:Man, I really want to make that country I proposed last night, but I don't wanna ruin everyone else's history that's intertwined with mine.

I kinda want to bring back Oturia but I'm knees deep in this too much to go back and try to fix my old nation.

Glaciaria wrote:SO how's erryones daayyyyyy

My day's going great because the Bills won and I got to spend time with my boyfriend. How's yours going?

Brulafi wrote:Man, I really want to make that country I proposed last night, but I don't wanna ruin everyone else's history that's intertwined with mine.

Always could pull the classic semi-autonomous nation within your nation-state move, or the "we moved the natives out" storyline

Verdon wrote:Yo. Make sure you tell me when you get something you also asked me to make so I don't have to spend time working on it...

The land-sea border is still a mess though.

https://kathmandupost.com/national/2019/08/20/nepal-s-prime-minister-has-had-it-with-the-world-using-the-word-rhino

Who else has a comedic Prime Minister?

Glaciaria wrote:Hello (...)
What kind of nation are you trying to make? - A Patagonia - like country. Sparsely populated, naturally blessed, cold...

Will they be speaking Welsh there?

«12. . .22,17222,17322,17422,17522,17622,17722,178. . .22,20822,209»

Advertisement