by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The Western Isles Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .22,53822,53922,54022,54122,54222,54322,544. . .22,63822,639»

Keomora wrote:Reading old posts and I gotta say... dammit Wellsia for being such a spring of knowledge.

Thank you for the compliment. Now what is the value of the yahrati in US dollars and how is it subdivided?

Keomora wrote:Reading old posts and I gotta say... dammit Wellsia for being such a spring of knowledge.

Wellsia wrote:Thank you for the compliment. Now what is the value of the yahrati in US dollars and how is it subdivided?

He doesn't want your compliments; he wants your money! :)

Post self-deleted by Keomora.

TGing with Wellsia has given me valuable insight as to what it might be like to be a tourist in Linaviar.

It is hell: the fiscal notation makes no intuitive sense unless you're a native, and I love it.

Just made challah :) lots of work but it was worth it

Vijayarajya wrote:Just made challah :) lots of work but it was worth it

Challah is always worth it. *nods*

Ioudaia wrote:Challah is always worth it. *nods*

Challah?

Anyone who has already valued their currency--how'd you do it? I arrived at a number by averaging a bunch of different currencies but I still have no clue if I'm doing it right or realistically.

Nhoor wrote:He doesn't want your compliments; he wants your money! :)

Agh!

Linaviar wrote:TGing with Wellsia has given me valuable insight as to what it might be like to be a tourist in Linaviar.

It is hell: the fiscal notation makes no intuitive sense unless you're a native, and I love it.

I figure that’d be what you want haha

Martenyika wrote:Anyone who has already valued their currency--how'd you do it? I arrived at a number by averaging a bunch of different currencies but I still have no clue if I'm doing it right or realistically.

I based mine off of Serbia.

- They are semi isolationist from the west
- Their industrial capacity is similar to mine
- They suffered a civil war in the last 30 or so years
- They cooperate with their neighbors but tensions can get heated

For ease I suggest you choose a nation similar to yours.

Keomora wrote:At the moment we are planning to survive in Argus because it seems like the entire southern continent is united.

1941 - 1942, we are supposed to running wild in Argus and elsewhere. 1943 is the hear they start bombing the hell out of us and also liberating Brulafi. 1944 is when failed liberation of Magarati (and Ktismandrasi)-occupied San Montagna happens. 1945 is when they succeed. 1946 is the status quo year with most Neo-Imp conquests being reversed and being brought back to how it was before the war started. 1947 is when Magarat is occupied and taken out of war. 1948 is when the Invasion of Raedlon (poor Dragao do Mar and New Totzka) happens.

Now, when exactly your and Ktismandrasi's Italy-Switcheroo fits is the question. Obviously, you both would have to switch sides before the 1947 Invasion of Magarat (since you are taking pieces of AM).

Vijayarajya wrote:The latter, if I'm understanding your question correctly. I'm open to basically all countries with an imperial-esque period of history, known to have a lot of colonies.

Technically, we don't call it a colony but we do have something like that.

Between 914 - 1914 (although more specific dates would have to be done depending on the location), the Khas-Kirat Empire (technically not an empire but a loose confederation) had these political states called "hangates" in almost every nation (in fact, it will be much easier to count the number of Isles nations that did not have a hangate...no joke). The way hangates worked was that, a Khas-Kirati tribes (aka the 36 Guns of Magarat) with large population would be granted "invasion rights" by the Mahang (who is kind like an elected Emperor but has to be from the same dynasty) to conquer a "new land" (by this, we mean territories not conquered by another tribe). The hangates had to pay annual tributes to the Mahang but were pretty much highly autonomous aside from that. Since Khas-Kirati men generally took the religion of their wives in Magarat, the system was carried out to the hangates and the Khas-Kirati rulers and soldiers generally took local wives; adopting the language, culture and religion of their spouses. Within two or three generations, the settlers would identify more with the locals than with their cousins from other hangates. This culture clash (fueled by other motivations) led to hangates fighting each other and the Khas-Kirat Empire was always in a state of internal war; and this is turn led to eventual decline of Khas-Kirati power while former tributaries (aka the Noronnican Kingdom), former colonies/territories (aka Domanania) or lands they used to raid for slaves and gold (aka Aizcona and Dormill-Stiura) rose in power.

And depending on what you want, you can either have just one hangate (like mist nations such as Aprosia, Townside or Wellsia) or multiple hangates (like San Montagna).

Also, over the years, the term hangate went from "new lands conquered by X tribe" to just "any state ruled by a hang or hangma". So yeah, there were loads of Argean Ipachi hangates and a few Nyssic or Doman ones as well.

Also I just realized the Khas-Kirat Empire lasted exactly 1,000 years (914 - 1914). Wow, how the f@ck did I never see this before.

Empires usually don't last that long. Then again, HRE lasted around the same time frame and both of us are technically not "true empires".

Athara Magarat wrote:1941 - 1942, we are supposed to running wild in Argus and elsewhere. 1943 is the hear they start bombing the hell out of us and also liberating Brfmani. 1944 is when failed liberation of Magarati (and Ktisdraulasi)-occupied San Montagna happens. 1945 is when they succeed. 1946 is the status quo year with most Neo-Imp conquests being reversed and being brought back to how it was before the war started. 1947 is when Magarat is occupied and taken out of war. 1948 is when the Invasion of Raedlon (poor Dragao do Mar and New Totzka) happens.

Now, when exactly your and Ktismandrasi's Italy-Switcheroo fits is the question. Obviously, you both would have to switch sides before the 1947 Invasion of Magarat (since you are taking pieces of AM).

do you know if there's any point when the southern sea isn't just a free powers lake?

Athara Magarat wrote:Also I just realized the Khas-Kirat Empire lasted exactly 1,000 years (914 - 1914). Wow, how the f@ck did I never see this before.

Empires usually don't last that long. Then again, HRE lasted around the same time frame and both of us are technically not "true empires".

I mean it's not out of the question, think about Japan, the WRE and ERE either together or separately, or some periods of china

Corindia wrote:do you know if there's any point when the southern sea isn't just a free powers lake?

I am supposed to invade Southern Sea nations like Remodio and Townside in 1938 (before the actual war started).

There was also the failed Magarati Invasion of Scantarbia in 1942 - 1943. Problem is most Southern Sea nations are inactive. I would like to hear from them and agree on these topics.

Athara Magarat wrote:

There was also the failed Magarati Invasion of Scantarbia in 1942 - 1943. Problem is most Southern Sea nations are inactive. I would like to hear from them and agree on these topics.

oh right, I think corindia was involved in the scantarbian affair to some degree
I'll see if the others have any space for corindia trying to deal with Magarati forces in the region

Corindia wrote:oh right, I think corindia was involved in the scantarbian affair to some degree
I'll see if the others have any space for corindia trying to deal with Magarati forces in the region

I think we also definitely tried to take over Noronnican colonies in Charbagnia (or perhaps even Wellsia).

Noronica was okay with the Black Isles coming under occupation and the fight over the Central Canal but haven't heard what he thinks.

Balnik wrote:I based mine off of Serbia.

- They are semi isolationist from the west
- Their industrial capacity is similar to mine
- They suffered a civil war in the last 30 or so years
- They cooperate with their neighbors but tensions can get heated

For ease I suggest you choose a nation similar to yours.

Thanks, actually this helped make it simpler on myself. I just went with Djibouti’s currency value lol.

Ostehaar wrote:To be honest, you wrote a lot of stuff there that I don't remember agreeing to in the thread. For example, the risky loans part, having my production drop by 75%... also, Ostehaar's recession was in the late 80's, not early 80's - the wars I got involved in only ended in 84-86 and my crisis carried on into the early 90's.

I always thought of the Geal market crash as the result of a few stories coinciding with one another (civil wars, political instability, economic meddling) to create an unusual event. Right now it feels a bit like the story of the Bank of Geal.

Its all taken from the forum thread. I did add the situation where Ostehaar took the part of military involvement in the region on its own, which severed its production beyond military and arms. Ill polish that so the time line will corrolate.
But yes Bank of Gael influenced most other nations in Gael who didnt take part in the civil war, and flooding the regional market with foreign goods caused a problwm with local production.

Looked at my Imgur images to come across the worst crime I have ever committed...

https://i.imgur.com/VULx28L.png

Would anyone be willing to be the origin nation for the Founder of Suyak? I'm thinking he got kicked out for spreading his religious nonsense and moved to Modern-day Suyak.

Suyak wrote:Would anyone be willing to be the origin nation for the Founder of Suyak? I'm thinking he got kicked out for spreading his religious nonsense and moved to Modern-day Suyak.

In what year did he move to Suyak?

Dragao do Mar wrote:In what year did he move to Suyak?

I'd say around 1860

«12. . .22,53822,53922,54022,54122,54222,54322,544. . .22,63822,639»

Advertisement