“There is no power greater than good”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Page
The State of Ammenkis is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, pith helmet sales, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 4.181 billion Ammenkisians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cape Narastra. The average income tax rate is 69.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Ammenkisian economy, worth 492 trillion Valens a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 117,830 Valens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Property subletting is going underground, liberals and conservatives try to disqualify each other's candidates on the grounds that "their ideas would never work in the real world", manual labourers must be willing to have cybernetic limbs to get a job, and the government pours millions of Valens into rehabilitation programs annually. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ammenkis's national animal is the Water Buffalo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ammenkis's influence in CISB rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Ammenkis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Ammenkis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Ammenkis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Ammenkis lodged a message on the CISB Regional Message Board.
- : Ammenkis's influence in CISB rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Ammenkis's influence in CISB rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Ammenkis's influence in CISB rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Ammenkis changed its national capital to "Cape Narastra".
- : Ammenkis's influence in CISB rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".